Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 26 Feb 21, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
iheartwdw
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Disney Planning View Post
The No Way Jose looks really good, we once had the Kitchen Sink between 4 and couldn’t finish it! It’s good when you can just go with the flow of the day, it’s surprising how much you fit in.
I don't think I could manage a kitchen sink, even with Nathan and his sweet tooth helping my out - they are huge!

We really enjoyed a more relaxed pace this holiday, as a super planner I do find it difficult sometimes to go with the flow

Laura Xx
iheartwdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 21, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
iheartwdw
Apprentice Imagineer

Day 7: Cauldrons, Coasters and Cowfish

Day 7: Cauldrons, Coasters and Cowfish
Tuesday 24th April 2019

Our alarm went off at 6:15! I think if you don’t get Orlando holidays, people would not understand the need to get up so early on vacation . It was not fun having my ‘work’ alarm go off and we ended up hitting snooze until 6:30.

It felt a lot quieter walking to the parks this morning, which is definitely a good thing and we were dreaming of low ride times.

We went on to the Minion’s first, with a very short wait, I love the fluffy line, it’s such a fun little film they show.

Next was a return to Diagon Alley, but this time we took the opportunity to take pictures, take in the theming and all of the hidden details. I’m sure Nathan was itching to get on a ride, but in the end he enjoyed a slower pace and appreciating all of the Easter eggs from the film too. We mooched in all of the shops and did lots of window shopping.

We also met the bus conducter, who is a legend. It is one of our must do things when at Universal. The shrunken head and conductor are hysterical, we love to sit and watch other people interact as well. The actors are all British and it’s brilliant watching the Americans, as they sometimes don’t get the humour, which makes it even funnier!

As we were on holiday, it also meant that it was completely acceptable to have ice cream for breakfast - right?! I had the banana ice cream in a cup, which only cost $7.00 (it was an extra $1.50 for the souvenir cup). The ice cream was so good, it even made it to one of my highs for the trip. It was creamy and had a real foam banana sweetie taste, nom!

What do you do after ice cream? Well go on a simulator ride of course! There was a short queue for Transformers, so we had a quick ride before meeting Megatron. There was hardly a line for RRR, so Nathan nipped on here whilst I caught up on my notes.

We were still hoping to pick up some more bits for our nieces upcoming birthdays, so we headed out of the parks to the outlets on I-Drive to see if there were any bargains to be had. I don’t remember what we brought (this is the problem when it takes you so long to write up your trippie), but I can’t imagine that we left empty handed. Actually, I do remember one shop - the Haviana shop was at least half price on everything in store and we live in these over the summer, so chose a couple of pairs each.

The rental car was low on fuel, so we popped to a 7 Eleven on the way to Florida Mall. I can never resist the buckets of soda or slush when we stop for petrol and picked up a cherry coke which was as big as my head. They are also normally only a couple of dollars, depending on what offers are on.

Florida Mall was very quiet, but there weren’t many stores that we were drawn too. I did note that I picked up a few make-up brushes from the Morphe store. I am not a massive fan of some of their make-up products, but their eye shadow brushes are great. I also picked up an early birthday present for Nathan, a new strap for his Apple Watch from the Apple store. It cost the same in dollars, but the store was quiet and they always seem packed over here, so it made sense to get one now without a wait.

Our evening meal was at Cowfish. We got to the restaurant at 5:00 and had no wait before we were seated. We sat outside on the covered balcony, which meant we had a lovely breeze. We split the black truffle burger $16 and the burger sushi $16 between us (prices before AP discount). This was a great meal. The burger was well cooked, pink in the middle and had a great flavour. The truffle tasted great, but was not to overpowering and it went really well with the garlic. The sushi was crispy on the outside, with almost a Big Mac flavour sauce within alongside burger patty. It was delicious and Nathan made sure that there was nothing left.

I was too full for dessert, but Nathan always has room, so opted for a ring donut from Voodoo. I think it is physically impossible for Nathan to walk past this place without going in to make a purchase! He devoured this pretty quickly and said he enjoyed being able to appreciate the dough, without any additional flavourings and would recommend.

We headed to Mummy first, a great coaster. We found that the wait times this evening were shorter than advertised. We also rode ET and chatted to an American family in the line about the benefits of staying onsite - they had no idea about the FOL passes and were wondering why everyone was queue jumping ahead.

To finish up the evening we went via the Express over to watch the Hogwarts light show. It was a cute, very short show. It was a little bit tarnished by the appalling wait system that Universal had. Everyone waiting for the show was squished to one side, near the wall, whilst creating a very narrow path for people to walk past. It was very claustrophobic and could have been organised better with some planning.

Another busy day, meant that we were ready to head back to the hotel after the show.

As always, thanks for following along,

Laura Xx
iheartwdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 21, 12:00 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Another great couple of days. We did the same mini golf course and enjoyed it but it did cost a lot for the four of us!
mrsdjh is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 21, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazascouser
Apprentice Imagineer

Mazascouser's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Thank you for a great report. X
Mazascouser is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 21, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
iheartwdw
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by mrsdjh View Post
Another great couple of days. We did the same mini golf course and enjoyed it but it did cost a lot for the four of us!
Thanks. It is a great course, but so much more expensive compared to other on I-Drive!

Laura Xx
Old 27 Feb 21, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
iheartwdw
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mazascouser View Post
Thank you for a great report. X
Aww, thank you!

Laura Xx
Old 27 Feb 21, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
iheartwdw
Apprentice Imagineer

Day 8: Zzzzs, Zooms and Zingers

Day 8: Zzzzs, Zooms and Zingers
Wednesday 25th April 2019

We had no alarm this morning = whoop!

We still were up and ready pretty early though and heading to Volcano Bay for early entry at 9:00am. There are no pictures from this morning I’m afraid, as we didn’t bring phones or cameras with us. We left our towels and clothes on some loungers and headed straight to Krakatau, the water coaster.

We managed to ride Krakatau, twice, as lines were short and it is an epic water ride. We also went on one of the family raft rides (so many stairs ), before relaxing on the lazy river and trying to avoid the waterfalls. The rest of the morning was spent relaxing on the beach, before heading back to the hotel room to freshen up.

By this point we were ravenous, as we hadn’t had any breakfast. Miller’s was somewhere we wanted to try and we already knew what we would be eating - the famous chicken zingers!

We were seated in the conservatory type area and had a lovely waiter. We went for a side of onion rings $4, to go with the zingers $14, as Nathan was starving and didn’t think the zingers alone would be enough. Boy, was he wrong, the portions were mahoosive!

Despite the ridiculous portion size, they were delicious. So much cheesy goodness and tasty crispy onion rings. We have been back since on another trip and actually managed to eat everything - go us!

With very happy and full tummies we headed to Walmart to grab some more drinks for our last couple of days, as the weather was amazing, but super hot. The heat and long days were also tiring, which meant we both ended up having a daytime nap.

Is it possible to go to Walmart and not be in awe of the giant sized buys? Nathan was very sad when I said we wouldn’t be able to fit them into our luggage.

I was eager to pick up some RayBan sunglasses I had my eyes on and now we were all rested, we headed back to the I-Drive outlets to see if we could get any good offers on them. As we were thirsty, we stopped off at a Speedway to pick up the world’s biggest slushies. I opted for the Sprite version and Nathan had some sort of Powerade/Gatorade flavour. Again, they were only a couple of dollars each - such good value.

I couldn’t bring myself to get the biggest size!

We had success in Solstace. We went to the Sunglasses Hut first of all, but they weren’t very helpful and didn’t seem to have any good offers. The sales people in Solstace were the complete opposite, super friendly, but not to pushy and gave us an extra 10% off the already reduced by 25% pair of sunglasses I was after = very happy me!

As we were still full of energy after our naps, we decided to head to DTD, as we love the evening atmosphere. Nathan brought me a gorgeous Dole Whip Alex and Ani bracelet, before we found some seats by the lake where a live band were singing country versions of Disney songs - they were great.

A really good rock band were up next and Nathan was ready for more food, he decided it was rude to be so close to the food trucks and not have anything. He went for the brisket Mac and cheese $11. It was good, but not the best. The brisket was rich and scrummy, but the Mac just wasn’t that cheesy. The onion rings on top were tasty too.

After listening to more music, we headed back to the room around 10:00pm and made a start on the packing. I’m sure you can tell we had participated in a fair bit of shopping and were worried we would be over the allowance. We weighed the cases and they were looking okay, but we still had a few bits to pack.

Defeated by the packing (for now), we crashed into bed.

I hope you’re enjoying the report still.

Laura Xx
Old 27 Feb 21, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Planning
Imagineer

Another great day. We love Millers too but surprisingly have never had the zingers! Sounds like you enjoyed them 😊
Disney Planning is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 21, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
tigger48
VIP Dibber

OP thank you for posting this trip report. I’ve really enjoyed following along and almost smelling the donuts. Right now I fear its going to be a very long time for us before we can return to our happy place but I’ve loved reliving the Disney Springs vibes, oh and of course the food 😉. Thank you!
tigger48 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 21, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
iheartwdw
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Disney Planning View Post
Another great day. We love Millers too but surprisingly have never had the zingers! Sounds like you enjoyed them 😊
Miller's is a must do when we visit now - I can't believe you haven't tried the zingers yet, we highly recommend!

Laura Xx