Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 22 Sep 19, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Jimmy Mac
Trainee Dibber

Mobile Choosing Seats on Aer Lingus Flight

I’m trying to book our seats on our Orlando to Dublin flight and it’s saying that we will be assigned our seats at the airport. Any idea why this is? We have booked flights through BA. thank you.
Jimmy Mac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 19, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Warkman58
Imagineer

You need to phone Aer Lingus to get your seats allocated.
When you ring them, make sure you have their seat plan in front of you (use someone like seat guru)

There is a muscat here between tge two computer systems, so BA can’t book your seats.

Aer Lingus staff are very good and used to doing it for yiu
Villa Formosa Gardens, Flights BA/Aer Lingus
20th August 2016 to 3rd September 2016,
Warkman58 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 19, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
alexisemma31
Imagineer

I've had a problem with this too. I booked Aer Lingus flights with netflights. I can log into Aer Lingus with my booking number and can see my flights but I get a message that as I booked with a third party I have to wait till 72 hours before departure to pre-book seats.

I am fuming about this and have complained to netflights as they did not make this clear. If it isn't sorted with them tomorrow, I will ring Aer Lingus direct.
Old 22 Sep 19, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
weecarol
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile

Had this last week . Booked with BA, but 2 legs of the flights with Aer Lingus. Sent a message to AL via Twitter and got both sets of seats reserved.
weecarol is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 19, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
FloRidaLvr
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by weecarol View Post
Had this last week . Booked with BA, but 2 legs of the flights with Aer Lingus. Sent a message to AL via Twitter and got both sets of seats reserved.
Just to confirm , you managed to pick and book your seats on Twitter ?
Did you tell them which seats you wanted and they confirmed them , what about payment ? Sorry for questions, lol , in same situation .
Florida 95 to 2006, Mexico/Belize 2007, Florida 08 to 2012, California Apr 13, Detroit/Florida April 14 , Naples Nov 14, AMI May 15 , Naples Nov 15, West Coast May 16, AMI Nov 16, Naples Nov 17 , AMI May 18, Naples Nov 18, AMI May 19 , Naples Nov 19, AMI May 22, Bonita Springs Nov 22, Bonita Springs May 23
FloRidaLvr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 19, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Ciano
Imagineer

Ciano's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

If you do a dummy booking on AL site for your dates it will show you what seats are available. Note the seats you want b4 you ring AL. Free seat choice is included in your tickets but there are more expensive seats available too. You will see it all on the site.
Old 22 Sep 19, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
ingvar
Getting Excited

Mobile

This is bizarre. We've booked Gla-Dub-Orl through BA but flights are with Aer Lingus. When I logged on to both sites the following day out seats on the Dublin-Orlando flight had been allocated
Old 22 Sep 19, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
weecarol
Trading Disney Pins

Originally Posted by FloRidaLvr View Post
Just to confirm , you managed to pick and book your seats on Twitter ?
Did you tell them which seats you wanted and they confirmed them , what about payment ? Sorry for questions, lol , in same situation .
They came back to me with seat numbers and asked were they ok. I did say in the original message I wanted 2 sets of 2 and that's what they came back with.

No payment needed - it was included in the economy fare i had.

Edited at 08:05 PM.
weecarol is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 19, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
FloRidaLvr
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by weecarol View Post
They came back to me with seat numbers and asked were they ok. I did say in the original message I wanted 2 sets of 2 and that's what they came back with.

No payment needed - it was included in the economy fare i had.
Thanks very much , might give that a try rather than phoning
Florida 95 to 2006, Mexico/Belize 2007, Florida 08 to 2012, California Apr 13, Detroit/Florida April 14 , Naples Nov 14, AMI May 15 , Naples Nov 15, West Coast May 16, AMI Nov 16, Naples Nov 17 , AMI May 18, Naples Nov 18, AMI May 19 , Naples Nov 19, AMI May 22, Bonita Springs Nov 22, Bonita Springs May 23
FloRidaLvr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 19, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
FloRidaLvr
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by alexisemma31 View Post
I've had a problem with this too. I booked Aer Lingus flights with netflights. I can log into Aer Lingus with my booking number and can see my flights but I get a message that as I booked with a third party I have to wait till 72 hours before departure to pre-book seats.

I am fuming about this and have complained to netflights as they did not make this clear. If it isn't sorted with them tomorrow, I will ring Aer Lingus direct.
We booked the same way too and didn't realize we couldn't book seats there and then . I contacted AL via email and they told me to phone to book seats ... which I haven't done yet

If you check your BA booking you might see that you have been pre allocated seats already as we have been . They are up the back and not suitable so will have to contact them soon . Hope you get what you want .