Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 9 Nov 19, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
janeywaney
VIP Dibber

janeywaney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Mobile Remembrance Day

😕😕 I noticed at work this week not many folks wearing poppies 😕😕

I wear mine with pride and will be at the Cenataph in our town tomorrow morning paying my respects to the fallen and the serving. My DH did 22 years in the army proud is an understatement, DS was in The RAF, as were our niece and nephews.
Please wear your poppy with pride and remember those who gave their lives for our freedom.

Jane
August 06 All Star Sports, August 07 All Star Music, OKW August 08 OKW Nov 09 All Star Music Feb 10, OKW Sept 10 OKW Sept 2011 , OKW Nov 2013, Pop Cenury Sept 2014, OKW Sept 2015, OKW Nov 16, OKW Sept 17, OKW Aug 19
janeywaney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 19, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
welovemushu
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We are in Ypres this weekend. Privileged to pay our respects here . Been over to the Somme today to pay respects to my great great uncle who is lost there. Wearing our poppies with pride. Thank you to your husband and son for their service xx
welovemushu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 19, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

I've found it extremely difficult to find somewhere which has them this year. I finally managed to get one in my local town today after looking in several places near where I work during the week, places which normally have them. Other people might be in the same situation.

Edited at 11:04 PM.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 19, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
We are never in the UK late October early November. If I was I would volunteer to sell them.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 19, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Mackenzies03
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
I've found it extremely difficult to find somewhere which has them this year. I finally managed to get one in my local town today after looking in several places near where I work during the week, places which normally have them. Other people might be in the same situation.
I have to agree, I had the same trouble too but thankfully there were cadets out in the town today and then again in ASDA but the first time I’ve seen them this week. I know you can order online but it’s something I’ve always expected to find very easily- I love getting the year pin every year.
Old 9 Nov 19, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
janeywaney
VIP Dibber

janeywaney's Reviews
Mobile

We have a collection box with poppies in at our reception, you have to walk by it to get into the office. Almost 400 people wrk in our building, very easy to access but to be honest not seen many on the streets collecting.

😊
August 06 All Star Sports, August 07 All Star Music, OKW August 08 OKW Nov 09 All Star Music Feb 10, OKW Sept 10 OKW Sept 2011 , OKW Nov 2013, Pop Cenury Sept 2014, OKW Sept 2015, OKW Nov 16, OKW Sept 17, OKW Aug 19
janeywaney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 19, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
daffodil92
Imagineer

Children in our school were selling them in the playground Friday and will be doing so again on Monday. We will also have a Remembrance assembly. We shall remember them 💕
daffodil92 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 19, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Mackenzies03
Serious Dibber

Our local knitting group have beautifully covered our high street and gone above and beyond ready for the parade tomorrow. Very proud of our little town, our country and everyone that has/do serve to protect us.

Edited at 11:20 PM.
Mackenzies03 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 19, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post
janeywaney
VIP Dibber

janeywaney's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Mackenzies03 View Post
Our local knitting group have beautifully covered our high street and gone above and beyond ready for the parade tomorrow. Very proud of our little town, our country and everyone that has/do serve to protect us.

That is amazing, absolutely fantastic 😁
Old 9 Nov 19, 11:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mackenzies03 View Post
I have to agree, I had the same trouble too but thankfully there were cadets out in the town today and then again in ASDA but the first time I’ve seen them this week. I know you can order online but it’s something I’ve always expected to find very easily- I love getting the year pin every year.
It's the cadets I got one from today, they were outside various shops, they're always out selling them on this Saturday. There isn't an Asda in my local town or near where I work. So if it wasn't for the cadets I wouldn't have been able to get one.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List