Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 20 Jun 20, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
#421
MrsBC
VIP Dibber
 
Join Date: Oct 10

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by snowbelle View Post
OOooh lovely , I love the ladder shelf and the cherub on the wall it all looks fab
Ladder shelf off amazon last year and stained green with some fence stainer this year. I have quite a few quirky bits like the cherub around the garden - most are hidden away.
__________________
DISNEY HOLS:
WDW - Y&BC x 8, AKL x 2, POFQ x 1, villas x 5
DLP - Sequoia x 4, Cheyenne x 5, Santa Fe x1
DCL Magic
BOOKED - Gaylord Palms, Dolphin & GF Sept/Oct '21. DLP Newport Bay Nov/Dec '21.
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 20, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
#422
DisneyDaffodil
Thread Starter
Imagineer
 
DisneyDaffodil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 15
Location: South Wales
Mobile

Originally Posted by MrsBC View Post
No veg here, just a few herbs, but the sun today makes the flowers look lovely.🙂





Such a lovely, summery garden. I agree with Snowbelle, the ladder arrangement looks beautiful
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 20, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
#423
MrsBC
VIP Dibber
 
Join Date: Oct 10

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
Such a lovely, summery garden. I agree with Snowbelle, the ladder arrangement looks beautiful
I can't see past the scruffy patio! We were going to get a quote for a new one just before 'All This' started, then when DH went to blast clean it the machine broke - so it looks a dirty mess at the minute.
__________________
DISNEY HOLS:
WDW - Y&BC x 8, AKL x 2, POFQ x 1, villas x 5
DLP - Sequoia x 4, Cheyenne x 5, Santa Fe x1
DCL Magic
BOOKED - Gaylord Palms, Dolphin & GF Sept/Oct '21. DLP Newport Bay Nov/Dec '21.
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 20, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
#424
snowbelle
Imagineer
 
Join Date: May 10
Originally Posted by MrsBC View Post
I can't see past the scruffy patio! We were going to get a quote for a new one just before 'All This' started, then when DH went to blast clean it the machine broke - so it looks a dirty mess at the minute.
Itís rustic
Mine isnít much better , we never got round to replacing it, the previous owner was a bit of a hit and miss man ( he used to get a lot of free stuff from his job on the council )
I dropped our pressure washer and broke it last year so ours is rustic as well
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 20, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
#425
DisneyDaffodil
Thread Starter
Imagineer
 
DisneyDaffodil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 15
Location: South Wales
Mobile

Originally Posted by MrsBC View Post
I can't see past the scruffy patio! We were going to get a quote for a new one just before 'All This' started, then when DH went to blast clean it the machine broke - so it looks a dirty mess at the minute.
I wonít point out the weeds on my patio 😂 Iíve realised that, although new to gardening could be my excuse, Iíve neglected to pull weeds up and now theyíre everywhere
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 20, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
#426
snowbelle
Imagineer
 
Join Date: May 10
Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
I wonít point out the weeds on my patio 😂 Iíve realised that, although new to gardening could be my excuse, Iíve neglected to pull weeds up and now theyíre everywhere
I have an evening weed pull up , half an hour after dinner I walk round and pull them up chuck them in one of those flexi buckets and empty into the garden waste bag for the tip at the end of the week the range sell a little weed hook for £1 which is good for crevices or an old kitchen knife will do
I donít use weed killer as we have cats
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 20, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
#427
DisneyDaffodil
Thread Starter
Imagineer
 
DisneyDaffodil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 15
Location: South Wales
Mobile

Originally Posted by snowbelle View Post
I have an evening weed pull up , half an hour after dinner I walk round and pull them up chuck them in one of those flexi buckets and empty into the garden waste bag for the tip at the end of the week the range sell a little weed hook for £1 which is good for crevices or an old kitchen knife will do
I donít use weed killer as we have cats
Thatís a good idea, beat them before they get too bad. We have the pets too so wouldnít use weed killer
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 20, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
#428
djewkes
Imagineer
 
djewkes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 09
Location: Pleasley, Derbyshire
I use weedkiller, I bought a good strong one off fleabay... I let the dogs out on a nice sunny dry day... then spray the whole patio, take the dogs for a walk and the patio is dry when we get home and safe for the dogs... and weeds kept at bay for ages... if ur dog is prone to eating the weeds I would watch them very carefully though... one of mine likes grass so Iíve planted a couple of pots of grass for her and sheíll nibble them now and then...
__________________


May 2012 3 weeks Highgate villa, RPR & Barefoot Beach Resort
May 2010 2 weeks The Point Orlando Resort & Clearwater
djewkes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 20, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
#429
JLH
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Apr 10
Mobile

I have been trying to tidy up the shed with lick of paint sorting out the broken windows - had a nightmare with the paint ( really shouldnít have got a huge tin of colour made up without getting a tester ) so I did some alterations to the paint 😂 and now itís growing on me !


Excuse the shed windows - am ordering new ones rather than keeping the polythene .😂
__________________
JLH is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 20, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
#430
DisneyDaffodil
Thread Starter
Imagineer
 
DisneyDaffodil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 15
Location: South Wales
Mobile

Originally Posted by djewkes View Post
I use weedkiller, I bought a good strong one off fleabay... I let the dogs out on a nice sunny dry day... then spray the whole patio, take the dogs for a walk and the patio is dry when we get home and safe for the dogs... and weeds kept at bay for ages... if ur dog is prone to eating the weeds I would watch them very carefully though... one of mine likes grass so Iíve planted a couple of pots of grass for her and sheíll nibble them now and then...
Our cat is an indoor cat but he does go out on the patio and eat the grass/weeds there. I have planted a planter of grass for him but heís still prone to nibble the other weeds dotted around so I donít think I could risk weed killer sadly
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin - Copyright © 2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Latest News
Posted in galactic starcruiser
On 5th May 9:57am
Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser at Walt Disney World Resort in Florida will take Guests to... Read More »
Posted in Disney Wish
On 29th April 4:51pm
Disney Cruise Line will take fun in the sun to the next level on the... Read More »
Posted in Florida
On 16th April 11:37am
Disney Cruise Line’s recently announced “Disney Magic at Sea” staycation sailings will go on sale... Read More »


theDIBB Menu


Exchange Rates
US Dollar Rates
ASDA  $1.3792
Covent Garden FX  $1.3853
FAIRFX  $1.3800
John Lewis  $1.3783
M&S  $1.3601
Sainsburys  $1.3761
TESCO  $1.3793
Travelex  $1.3705
Updated: 07:00 16/05/2021
Euro Rates
ASDA  €1.1359
Covent Garden FX  €1.1406
FAIRFX  €1.1400
John Lewis  €1.1357
M&S  €1.1196
Sainsburys  €1.1332
TESCO  €1.1360
Travelex  €1.1319
Updated: 07:00 16/05/2021

DIBB Premium Membership
Did you know you can help support theDIBB with Premium Membership?

Check out this link for more information and benefits, such as...

"No adverts on theDIBB Forums"

Upgrade Now



X