Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 15 Jun 20, 11:28 PM  
Link to this Post
TeeKayDawn
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile Petrified by storms!

Anyone else petrified of storms. I’m in my 40’s and know all the facts and statistics yet I’m still petrified by storms.

Currently in an area where thunder and lightning has been going on for around 3 or 4 hours.

I don’t know where the fear came from my whole family are the sort who love a good storm and will happily watch it.
My father always believed it stems from my great-grandmothers house being struck when I was around 5 years old and witnessing the damage it caused, whilst it was fixed. This was followed a few days later by being caught outside in a storm which suddenly appeared.

No amount of help sought has stopped this fear. And I’m really petrified that according to the weather forecasts we can expect almost continual storms for the next few days 😢
TeeKayDawn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 20, 11:33 PM  
Link to this Post
disney1st timer
Imagineer

Mobile

Me! I think mine stems from storms on holiday in America When I was a child. Once a bolt of lightening struck the traffic lights in front of us on international drive and set fire! My mum screamed like anything and now I’m scared stiff as well!
2018 - Villa in Davenport
2022 - Blue Tree Resort
disney1st timer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 20, 11:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

I really like storms - as long as I’m not on my own. I love them abroad, but they do frighten me, baring in mind I’m scared of the thunder - the non dangerous bit!
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 20, 12:08 AM  
Link to this Post
linder
Imagineer

linder's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
My dad used to take me down the beach to watch storms from when I was 5 years old always loved watching them
linder is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 20, 12:09 AM  
Link to this Post
TeeKayDawn
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I think that’s something, if I’m on my own I’m a mess.

DH has just come in from work and I feel so much calmer having him home. I’m still hating it but now I have someone here I feel more at ease.

I once ruined a date my sister was on when I lived at home with my dad. He’d gone to work, and my sister was out on her first date with a lad she really liked. I actually called her and told her she needed to come home, by then I was having a full on panic attack which is not good but even worse as I have asthma.

She came home to find me curled in a ball, crying with a throw from the sofa over me to try and block as much out as I could.

Needless to say her date never did going any further in the relationship - he must have thought I was suffering some sort of mental health issue!
TeeKayDawn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 20, 06:52 AM  
Link to this Post
ShamuLvr
Very Serious Dibber

I used to be scared of thunderstorms until I got stuck in the mother of all storms at the Magic Kingdom TTC, weirdly cured my phobia
ShamuLvr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 20, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Mother is law is fine in storms - she's not over keen on lightning as when she was a kid another kid a few feet away was struck and was killed.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 20, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I love storms.
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 20, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

I hate them. Mine definitely stems from my friend's house getting struck when I was about 6. It was a mid-terraced house in a residential street with a big church less than 10 houses away so threw out all the rational comments of "It will only strike the largest building/trees".
HappyPanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 20, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Twiggy1953
Apprentice Imagineer

Twiggy1953's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I used to be terrified. I’d get under the table with the dog. My parents put it down to my Gran frightening me. She used to remove all the metal from sight - knives and forks off the table etc. I think going to Florida with all their storms has helped me, though I still prefer not to be outside during one.
Twiggy1953 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List