Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 3 Mar 21, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
AJ86
Excited about Disney

An oldie but a goodie! - New York - Sep 2014 - Day 4

We are getting better and managed to wake a little later today and rose around half 7.

Walking had taken its toll on my partners feet and a variety of blisters had started to form. This was bad news for my planning and guide book as I had intended to do a walking tour of Greenwich today with free tours by foot. So unfortunately we had to cancel this, and said we would try and visit some of the sights later in the trip.

We worked out what we would do today and minimise the amount of walking to give our feet a rest.

I left my partner in the room to have a tidy up, sort out our cases and let her get ready in peace.

I went for a walk back to B&H so I could have a good look round and see what I could pick up for my camera. I’m no professional photographer and only have a basic DSLR, but the amount of kit and gear in this place is amazing. I looked around the lenses, I would have loved to have brought a new one but to be honest I don’t use it as much as I should so I don’t think I would have got my money's worth. I settled on an extendable stick for my Gopro so I could get some good selfies and look a little bit more like a tourist.

I then went to get us some bagels for breakfast and took them back to the room for us to eat and chilled out for a bit.

We left around 10am and headed to what we were meant to do tomorrow. I had booked us one a hop on hop off bus tour. I didn’t want to spend to much on this so I looked for the best deal before I came and got tickets with Skyline sightseeing (orange busses) for $22.00 each, much cheaper than the rest!

They were not too bad, all of the busses where modern clean and comfortable, they don’t have a live guide but pre recoded commentary, but for what we paid I didn’t really care. It took us 4 hours to do the downtown loop and saw some great sights and took a load of pictures! We didn’t get off just used it to relax and let New York come to us!

We got off at Times square again and headed out for lunch. We found somewhere that served the massive pizza slices for a dollar each and they were good, not a clue what the place was called just a place that served pizza!

From here we headed into Ripley’s believe it or not. I know a lot of you are going to say this is not what you should be doing in New York, but it was good and saw some interesting things, and It was a good way to fill a couple of hours.

I’m glad I didn’t pay full price, there are always online discount code or coupons to take to the ticket desk. We then headed back to the hotel where we just relaxed and packed up the last few bits of our things.

In the evening, we headed out to Five Guys opposite Madame Tussards, the burgers were great and I’d say they had the edge over Shake Shake, also a plus point was no queue! I managed to polish off my burger, fries and drink and even had room for the spare fries they throw into the bag!

From here we headed across the road to our show for the night Aladdin. What can I say, It was an amazing performance, the show, singing costumes were all fantastic and for me the Genie stole the show, for the size that he is he can still pull of some amazing dance moves and was on stage singing and dancing for around 10 minutes constantly.

We sat on the Mezzanine Row CC around the middle, and I’d say pick there as you get a great overview of the stage and everything that is going on around you. Needless to say we had a great time and thoroughly enjoyed the show and would recommend it to anyone!

We headed back to the hotel with a variety of songs in my head and fell asleep as soon as my head touched the pillow!

Day 5

Edited at 02:30 PM.
AJ86 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List