Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 4 Mar 21, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile What is your decision cut off date?

Hi all

I only have a relatively small number of points compared to some of you but I’m keen to get some money back if possible.

I have BLT 112 Feb 2020 UY which ended up banked into Feb 2021 so need to be used by 28/02/22.

I’m now coming up to the eleven month point before my points expire.

I have a reservation for five nights in October 2021 which I almost certainly won’t be able to use.

I could top them up with an extra 80 points (half my next years points)

I really don’t want to rent them out as distresed which they may become if I don’t take positive action over the next few months.

I’m dealing with an uncertain family situation as well as COVID so not sure we will be able to get there this year. So please don’t weigh in with the will we / won’t we CoVID questions as I’m well aware there are unknowns there!

Thanks in advance for any thoughts
Old 4 Mar 21, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Karen. You have a unique situation and I have to say I wouldn’t think twice about it. I would rent them out right now via David’s or the Facebook site others use. I wouldn’t wait for Months to decide.
You have a very desirable resort and it will rent easily.

Best of luck and hope things pan out for you.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 21, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Karen. You have a unique situation and I have to say I wouldn’t think twice about it. I would rent them out right now via David’s or the Facebook site others use. I wouldn’t wait for Months to decide.
You have a very desirable resort and it will rent easily.

Best of luck and hope things pan out for you.
Thank you so much
Old 4 Mar 21, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Mobile

Karen definitely rent your points out on FB to Americans or a guaranteed reservation for a popular time. Studios are most sort after. The earlier you rent out, the better.
Old 5 Mar 21, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Yes I’d agree Karen, I would rent on FB they are prime points at BLT so don’t put them up too cheaply.
Have you been on Hotels . Com say and looked at Swan / Dolphin. You may have no interest but they do great rooms, some suites, and were reasonable when I last looked when I had this should I shouldn’t I rent or bank points dilemma. In the end I banked and booked a fully cancellable room there so lost nothing, but had that option to go to if the trip came off.

Hope your situation gets sorted BTW.
Old 5 Mar 21, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by KarenG View Post

I have a reservation for five nights in October 2021 which I almost certainly won’t be able to use...

October reservations are very popular at the moment due to the 50th celebrations so you'll have no problems renting them, especially a resort like BLT. I'd have a look at the FB page to gauge the price but I'd be asking at least $18 per point and $20 + if the reservation covers the first week of October. I think they'll be snapped up.

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 21, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

October 9-14th are the dates, LV studio (all I could get for the dates I thought we’d need).

I’ve pinged a request to David’s and I’ll try the FB group too

YT yes - love the Swan and Dolphin for the price!
Old 5 Mar 21, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
October 9-14th are the dates, LV studio (all I could get for the dates I thought we’d need).

I’ve pinged a request to David’s and I’ll try the FB group too

YT yes - love the Swan and Dolphin for the price!
Karen, David's has a Force Majeure clause in their contract now that leaves you with all the risk, I wouldn't give them my points for that reason, if the risk is all mine, then what on earth am I paying a 3rd party for?

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 21, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
Karen, David's has a Force Majeure clause in their contract now that leaves you with all the risk, I wouldn't give them my points for that reason, if the risk is all mine, then what on earth am I paying a 3rd party for?
Very good point.
Old 5 Mar 21, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
Partly, Jo, because it would be an easy transaction with one party and no toing or froing which I don’t have the actual or emotional space for at the moment, to be honest! (Sorry that’s not meant to be a pity party). Whether it’s worth an extra $280 ish though, maybe 🤔