Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 23 Mar 21, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

My points went within a week with David’s they were for the Boardwalk and ended up renting for the food and wine festival. Interesting to hear about renting an actual booked stay though👍
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 21, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1190208

Hi Hils

Here was the thread I mentioned in case it helps at all

Good Luck 🤞
Old 23 Mar 21, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Hil
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1190208

Hi Hils

Here was the thread I mentioned in case it helps at all

Good Luck 🤞
Great, thanks! Very interesting thread and has made me stop and think hard about my best options.

I think I’m probably going to go down the FB route again but will try to stay firm on dates for a confirmed reservation and not give in straight away if someone wants me to check other availability. Famous last words, eh?!
Hil is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 21, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

I've never been a fan of using a 3rd party as have rented my points several times over the years directly to other members (using the Disboards in 2006/7, then Facebook group) with no issues. I just didn't see the point of paying someone when you're doing the leg work yourself anyway.

This year I considered it because of all the uncertainty so did look into them for a stress free option, their policy has now changed so that if the reservation is cancelled (eg through Covid), you have to refund all money that's been paid to you, potentially putting your points at risk...

You could argue that DVC have been very good and in the event of hotels closing that your points may not be at risk, but there are just too many variables and too much unknown.

That was the decider for me, the appeal of using them was to give myself some protection, but they've taken that away so all the risk is on the DVC owner.

It's left me a little unsure of what the incentive is to give them any money.

Good luck in whatever way you decide to do it - we've banked all remaining 2021 points into 2022 and booked a trip for October with 2020 banked points.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 21, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Hil
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
I've never been a fan of using a 3rd party as have rented my points several times over the years directly to other members (using the Disboards in 2006/7, then Facebook group) with no issues. I just didn't see the point of paying someone when you're doing the leg work yourself anyway.

This year I considered it because of all the uncertainty so did look into them for a stress free option, their policy has now changed so that if the reservation is cancelled (eg through Covid), you have to refund all money that's been paid to you, potentially putting your points at risk...

You could argue that DVC have been very good and in the event of hotels closing that your points may not be at risk, but there are just too many variables and too much unknown.

That was the decider for me, the appeal of using them was to give myself some protection, but they've taken that away so all the risk is on the DVC owner.

It's left me a little unsure of what the incentive is to give them any money.

Good luck in whatever way you decide to do it - we've banked all remaining 2021 points into 2022 and booked a trip for October with 2020 banked points.
This is exactly my position. I've rented out points very successfully through DIS, DIBB and FB previously but was prepared to forgo some income for the 'protection' offered by the third party route in these trickier times.

Thank you to everyone for the responses - I think I'm almost decided now that I'd be happier doing the work myself and having more control by renting points out personally.
Old 24 Mar 21, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Hil
VIP Dibber

Hmm .. rookie question

... if I want to remove my points from David's, what do I need to do? I can't find the answer anywhere in their Ts&Cs (I guess they're not going to make it easy to jump ship, lol!).
Old 24 Mar 21, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Hil View Post
Hmm .. rookie question

... if I want to remove my points from David's, what do I need to do? I can't find the answer anywhere in their Ts&Cs (I guess they're not going to make it easy to jump ship, lol!).
I just emailed them, they replied very quickly in a friendly and professional manner.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 21, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Hil
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
I just emailed them, they replied very quickly in a friendly and professional manner.
Thanks!
Old 24 Mar 21, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
ROO
Imagineer

ROO's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
We rented points out through David’s last month, first lot were rented within 3 days, second lot took 2 weeks .
So easy to do would recommend to anyone.
We managed to rent some points out ourselves so I just emailed them and said we now only have ** points & they emailed back confirming they would amend amount.

Edited at 06:44 PM.
ROO is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 21, 07:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Westhamtillidie
Earning More Ears

I have used Davids for many transactions without any problems, however I have got 700+ points sitting with them at the moment, since at least the begining of the year & have not heard a peep out of them as for any possible bookings, never had this previously so getting a little worried.
Westhamtillidie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List