Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 30 Mar 21, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Frustrated at 50% borrow

If we could borrow all our points I could book 13 nights at OKW in a 1 bed. That would be fine as we would do 1 night at All Star etc and then settle in

With 50% borrow that drops to 9 plus I could buy one time points to take us to 10 nights. Which still leaves me needing to book 5 off site. (Seems pointless to spend $$$ on one time use points for 1 extra night especially when I already own the points!£

I have 14 nights in a studio already booked but now my kids are adults I feel like 14 nights in a studio is going to be too close quarters. It would also mean my 18 year old sleeping on the drop down bed. I just see arguments...

So even though I’m sitting on plenty of DVC points it looks like I’ll have to move us offsite for a week.

I know this is just the way it is. But frustrated and wanted a moan

Edited at 12:28 PM.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 21, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Feel your pain Bev, up until our latest move/cancellation, we were in the same boat- new booking has moved us into next UY so by banking we ended up being able to use 2 years worth where previously we also fell foul of 50% rule. I'd guess that it's a decision that doesn't really affect US owners, too much, but on longer stays it's a pain! Fingers crossed this disappears at the end of '21
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 21, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
If we could borrow all our points I could book 13 nights at OKW in a 1 bed. That would be fine as we would do 1 night at All Star etc and then settle in

With 50% borrow that drops to 9 plus I could buy one time points to take us to 10 nights. Which still leaves me needing to book 5 off site. (Seems pointless to spend $$$ on one time use points for 1 extra night especially when I already own the points!£

I have 14 nights in a studio already booked but now my kids are adults I feel like 14 nights in a studio is going to be too close quarters. It would also mean my 18 year old sleeping on the drop down bed. I just see arguments...

So even though I’m sitting on plenty of DVC points it looks like I’ll have to move us offsite for a week.

I know this is just the way it is. But frustrated and wanted a moan
Very frustrating. We are all juggling pints all over the place. I have a Krypton Factor spreadsheet to explain all the movement in points when I can ring in august and shift the banked 2019 points into our October and January bookings. Have you decided where off site? We liked the two beds at Blue Heron resort.
Twentyyears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 21, 07:29 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
I can’t decide if we should go somewhere else. Like the beach or at Augustine. Or just book a 2 bed condo in Orlando. I will look at blue heron. I was also looking at LBV resort and spa.

I’m currently flipping daily on whether we will actually get to travel so it’s hard to be motivated to make real plans for a holiday you don’t think will actually happen.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 21, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
°o°-Hannah-°o°
Imagineer

°o°-Hannah-°o°'s Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I never want to feel the pain of having to book bigger rooms. Our boys are now 16 and 12 and we can still survive in a studio, thankfully. We only bought in with 160pts but we’ve borrowed 50% to get us 16 nights on-site and have the other 5 nights booked on I-drive. Everything we have booked is fully refundable and flights can be moved.
Old 3 Apr 21, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
We could do a studio, the girls would share, but I know I will regret it. I’m the one who likes a bit more space. We only have 170 points but we’ve manage to stretch them pretty well over the years.
Old 3 Apr 21, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
mental4ever
Excited about Disney

Feeling the pinch points wise as well.
Next year will be the first time we have booked accommodation off-site.
The trouble is we may get used to it and our days on-site may reduce as we explore more of the USA.
Universal Aug/Sept 2023.
BWV & Universal Feb & May 2024. BWV Jan 2025.
mental4ever is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 21, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

Was the same for me - I couldn't get all nights so I booked 2 nights at Universal in the middle and bought 4 extra points. Now the booking has moved again I can use normal points so got the 4 refunded and cancelled UO. Still got to move the points around after June to use the oldest points.
unixgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 21, 12:32 AM  
Link to this Post
meanwoodwhite
Excited about Disney

I could only stretch to 8 nights in a 1 bed we are doing 3 nights on I-drive

We don't actually mind as we are probably not doing parks if mask restrictions are in place. Means we can go to BJ's, Bahama Breeze etc..

11 nights on Disney property without doing parks is probably gonna get a bit boring.
meanwoodwhite is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 21, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
hornetgirl
Imagineer

I feel your pain, it's all so up in the air at the moment. We have a similar number of points to you and can usually juggle to get what we want. Hopefully this restriction will be lifted soon 🤞