Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 17 Apr 21, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Sara_toga
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Br'er Bear View Post
Hopefully it's time difference and yes, she will be able to check her account and that will show the date, amount and to whom the payment was sent to.

There could be a number of valid reasons why it hasn't yet shown up, maybe she didn't already have cleared funds in her paypal account and it was being funded from her bank account rather than paid with a credit card.

Unlike the UK the US banks and Credit Unions seem to be way behind us and it could take a few days for those funds to clear into her PP account.

All the best and have a good weekend.

Thank you so much. I have messaged her to check PayPal, I think she may me new to it, and to check her bank account hopefully she will reply.

Have a lovely weekend as well.
Old 18 Apr 21, 07:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Sara_toga
VIP Dibber

Update - the money has appeared in my account this morning.
I have had no reply to any of my messages/emails but my last one to her said if no there was no money this morning I would cancel the reservation!

Hopefully I won’t have to sell more points but next time it will be money before confirmation. Lesson learnt🤦🏻
Old 18 Apr 21, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
baggies
Very Serious Dibber

baggies's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
This is an interesting conversation, I am hoping to be a renter for the first time a 2-bed for 10 days, as a renter paying a large amount as a private transaction with no confirmation is scary ... is this something i should expect to do ? ... or do you mean send confirmation of the booking with dates and my name but blank out the confirmation # ... that I think i would be comfortable with
Oct 2005 DLP Newport Bay Hotel
May 2004 i-Drive, Oct 1995 i-Drive
baggies is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 21, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by baggies View Post
This is an interesting conversation, I am hoping to be a renter for the first time a 2-bed for 10 days, as a renter paying a large amount as a private transaction with no confirmation is scary ... is this something i should expect to do ? ... or do you mean send confirmation of the booking with dates and my name but blank out the confirmation # ... that I think i would be comfortable with
When I rent I ask for 50% at the time of booking with the remainder within 24 hours of receiving the confirmation.

If the renter doesn’t pay as per my contact I’ll cancel the reservation.

Be prepared to be making payment in full very close to your booking confirmation being issued.
arielrocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 21, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

Baggies, if you’re concerned maybe use one of the agencies that rent out points, Davids or the DVC rental store, certainly with the later you don’t pay all up front, we’ve used them twice in the past, you pay a % when they find you the resort you want and the remainder a few weeks before you go x
Loulou127 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 21, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I booked mine and send the confirmation before they send the money but I expect it then quickly.

No problem- we can just cancel it if they do not pay.
Old 19 Apr 21, 08:07 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I don’t use PayPal anymore but do recall an issue where someone had their PayPal set up to draw from their bank account to fund the transaction and it took several days rather than was instant. As this was probably a reasonable sum it’s possible this was the case and your buyer didn’t know it’d take longer ?
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 21, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
I don’t use PayPal anymore but do recall an issue where someone had their PayPal set up to draw from their bank account to fund the transaction and it took several days rather than was instant. As this was probably a reasonable sum it’s possible this was the case and your buyer didn’t know it’d take longer ?
This happened with a renter of mine, he funded PayPal with his bank account and it took 3 days for the funds to clear before he could transfer to me. He kept me updated and I was happy to wait and it came good.
Old 19 Apr 21, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
cybermum
Imagineer

cybermum's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Glad you got the funds. This is why I rent via David's...I always imagine this happening.
cybermum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 21, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Cancel it. I provide the reservation number prior to payment as a trust mechanism, but no payment within a few days after that = reservation cancelled. Sometimes you could allow for longer, so long as it won't prevent you re-renting them if they pull out.
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List