Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 22 Apr 21, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
timothy.hunter
a Friend of the DIBB

timothy.hunter's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
BA prices, do they ever drop?

Looking at BA prices for flight/car from London to MCO for the end of March 2022 and they have shot up considerably looking at £850 each.
We were so lucky to be there from 1st March to the 15th 2020 and just got back before it all kicked off. We only paid £490 for those flights/car.

My question is are these prices ever likely to drop or do I bite the bullet as we have already rebooked the same villa as last time.
timothy.hunter is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 21, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
JoanicSicos
Getting Excited

I was looking as well, and was a little shocked. However, I think some of this is due to a lack of outbound flights - The dates I was looking at only had a single flight out of Heathrow. Hopefully once the country begins to open up then more flights can be added and prices will come down.

Hopefully...

At the moment it's a risk - bite the bullet and guarantee your seats in an environment which means that prices may actually rise as people rush to book holidays, or hold your nerve and wait to see if more flights get put on driving prices down. I realise that doesn't exactly help your dilemma
JoanicSicos is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 21, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
JimmyCricket
Excited about Disney

I find their Fly Drive packages do change constantly certainly worth holding out for a while I would say
JimmyCricket is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 21, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
meegraine
Serious Dibber

meegraine's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I think prices might be high for some time until travel gets back to normal! With more people moving holidays from this year to next and there not being as many flights (as well as Norwegian scrapping their long haul flights) it’s just means prices are ridiculous right now!

Next Trip: Canary Islands June, 2023
meegraine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 21, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
End of March is coming up to Easter Holidays in 2022. That could be a reason they are high as well.

The way I’m looking at 2022 is that there could be less availability the longer people can’t fly this summer and are forced to rebook for next year, obviously I’m no expert and could be talking rubbish but I bit the bullet and booked a VH Flydrive. It’s expensive but I’ve found a couple of ways to lower the price. If availablity is fine and I’ve payed over the odds then so be it, my own impatient fault!
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 21, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

I saw those prices and switched my search to Miami - cheap as chips. Pretty handy as we are looking at a cruise out of Fort Lauderdale too.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 21, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

Originally Posted by timothy.hunter View Post
Looking at BA prices for flight/car from London to MCO for the end of March 2022 and they have shot up considerably looking at £850 each.
We were so lucky to be there from 1st March to the 15th 2020 and just got back before it all kicked off. We only paid £490 for those flights/car.

My question is are these prices ever likely to drop or do I bite the bullet as we have already rebooked the same villa as last time.
The problem you have is that you can't compare the two dates as your 2022 trip is at the start of the Easter break compared to your early March trip in 2021. Virgin have not yet released their flight only fares as they don't do that until 330 days compared to BA's 355.

I have noticed that when BA change from Winter 21/22 schedule to Summer 22 at the end of March they have also changed the aircraft to an A350 from 29th March from a 777 on the 28th. However, they did something similar earlier this year and then changed it to a 777 so wouldn't assume an A350 will eventually operate the LHR-MCO flight for summer next year.

Edited at 12:39 PM.
DisneyCupcake is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 21, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyYoda
Imagineer

They certainly go up and down during the week. When I looked on Weds-Sat they seemed to be the cheapest. I saved a few hundred by waiting a couple of days. Also, MCO cropped up with a cheaper price for no apparent reason on the day I booked so I nabbed it.

Just keep checking and running same searches and recording prices...you may notice a pattern. That said there may be an overall move upward as more clarity comes wrt to USA travel. Remember if you book you have the option to cancel free of charge and rebook if prices plummet (as I understand it).

Edited at 03:46 PM.
DisneyYoda is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 21, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

The prices go up and down every day there is no knowing if they will go higher or lower on the day you choose to look, i booked my nov trip couple weeks ago but did daily checks on the prices and every day it would be cheaper or dearer than the day before - prices are definitely massively up on last year, I’m only slightly cheaper for one week in nov than I am for my two weeks Im paying for my sept trip! And don’t even get me started on the price increases of carhire this year 🤔

Edited at 11:25 PM.
Orlandoguy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 21, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney45
slightly serious Dibber

I watched the price for our Xmas flights over a few weeks finally took the plunge and booked at a price we were happy to pay only for them to drop by half the following week 🤦i phoned up BA added an extra day and got the new reduced flight.
2019 dibb villa @ watersong & Hardrock Hotel
2017 Terra Verde villa & CSR
2016 Sapphire Falls & PORS
2015 All Stars Music
2014 Sol Costa Dorada, Salou
2013 POFQ
Disney45 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List