Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 27 Mar 17, 03:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Bankrupt again?! Day Two - Walmart, Animal Kingdom & Rivers of Light

We started this morning with breakfast on the balcony, the apartment is really lovely, we can hear so many birds in the trees outside, we just had some cereal, and toast, and enjoyed the moment.

Then we headed off to Walmart Supercenter on Sand Lake road. Its a bit overwhelming how large these places are, but we soon got round, and stocked up on a few essentials -

We had a bit of a swim, and sunbathe, my lily white legs were out there giving all the locals a shock! At least I had remembered to shave them...

After lunch at the house we headed off to Animal Kingdom, arriving just in time for the Lion King show. Getting into Animal Kingdom took a lot less time than Magic Kingdom, it was such a relief!
The show was lovely.

The kids rode Everest, using single rider, I declined, I didnt fancy seeing my lunch again so soon.

Then we went on Dinosaur, which nearly gave my neck whip lash, not ideal when I have had physio just a few days ago - oops! The queue time was an hour, thankfully we had a fastpass - we commented that when you arrive at a ride and have fastpass you walk in feeling like the Kardashians, no queuing for me!
This park is so nice, everywhere you turn there is music, dancing, and beautiful birds and plants. We love it.

It was soon time for our dinner at Rainforest Cafe, we had a Landry card, but they made a mistake at check in and we waited over half an hour. The ambience in there is great, Bethany was loving all the animal effects, and the storm etc. The food - so so, mine was awful, dry, (yes again) solid rice, so I just ate Harrys coleslaw and a few chips. But, I did have two glasses of Pinot Grigio so all was not lost! $180 later and we were on our way to the Rivers of Light.

The theatre was nearly full, even thirty mins before it started, so even with fastpass we had to squeeze in the last few seats. When the show started, I was blown away, it was breath taking, so clever, a blend of lights, music, colour and animals. Beautiful! It made me cry, the best Mothers day present. I think Walt Disney would be so proud if he could see it...

All in all, a really lovely day, and I managed 15,600 steps! Tomorrow we are shopping till we droppin at the Mall...

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816

Edited at 02:23 PM. Reason: Video added of rivers of light
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 17, 05:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Another lovely day! Shame about your meal - remind me never to order what you are having

Enjoy the retail therapy!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 17, 07:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
River of lights looks beautiful... agree a great Mother's Day treat, shame about the meal ... you arnt having much luck maybe you should just tsum a sandwich with you lol
Brilliant step count ... mine was rubbish yesterday stuck at work ... on Mother's Day the swines
Have a brilliant shopping day today and look forward to reading about what you bought xx
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 17, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Beanie1
Proud to wear my Ears

Looks beautiful Louise, shame about the food. Hope it improves!
Beanie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 17, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

I just seem to be having really bad luck at dinner!
Well at least I wont put on too much weight this way!

Our trip reports -
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 17, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Bear
VIP Dibber

Sounds like a lovely day - real pity about your dinner - I'm sure you wont got hungry in florida! Your accommodation looks lovely - especially that view!
Disney Bear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 17, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Your pool looks lovely. I also love Animal Kingdom - we have a FP for Rivers of Light so will definitely get there early I think.

Hope your luck with dinners improves!
mrsdjh is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 17, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

I have managed to insert a video clip of the show!

Our trip reports -
Old 27 Mar 17, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasarah
VIP Dibber

floridasarah's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
What a lovely day, Rivers of Light looks fab.

Shame about your dry dinner but at least you had lots of liquid in the wine glass

Am really enjoying your report and photos.
floridasarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 17, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

RoL looks stunning.
What a shame your meals have been disappointing, hope it picks up for you
Looks like a great day
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List