Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 7 Jul 19, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Myakka17 View Post
Definately need to have a paper trail as proof of refusal. Will this last minute leave have implications for you?
Thanks, I've kept all emails sent from business email address and I've kept the emails professional and to the point. Yeah it will cause me more work to do.
Minnie18 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 19, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
dubletrub
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Mobile

Do you have a policy booklet that was given when they started ? If not did you explain company policy when doing their induction ?
dubletrub is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 19, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by dubletrub View Post
Do you have a policy booklet that was given when they started ? If not did you explain company policy when doing their induction ?
I don't have a booklet, but I will be in future as I've learned a lesson. Yeah I explained everything clearly during her training and as she is my pa I sent her a email asking her to type up the holiday forms. Yes you guessed shes not typed them up😱 along with other work shes not done.
Old 7 Jul 19, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

When you say one of your employees, do you both work for a company and you are her boss ?

In which case the company’s annual leave policy applies and failure to follow it should be dealt with under the company’s disciplinary policy.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 19, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by ERICSMUM View Post
When you say one of your employees, do you both work for a company and you are her boss ?

In which case the company’s annual leave policy applies and failure to follow it should be dealt with under the company’s disciplinary policy.
Its my business, I am the owner and her manager and she is my employee.
Old 7 Jul 19, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

an employee has to give twice as much notice as the holiday she wants to take. so if they want 1 week off they have to give at least 2 weeks notice.
An employer only needs to give 1 weeks notice in this case
Old 7 Jul 19, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by lizzie145 View Post
an employee has to give twice as much notice as the holiday she wants to take. so if they want 1 week off they have to give at least 2 weeks notice.
An employer only needs to give 1 weeks notice in this case
Thank you.
Old 7 Jul 19, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Mobile

Has she verbally given you notice of the holiday? If it was written would you gave approved it?

Not all companies insist on forms. I'm guessing you are a small business and a bit of flexibility each way is often the best way to go.

With regards not doing the work requested, typing etc then you need to clarify with her the expectations so she's clear bug sny consequences for failing to deliver.
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 19, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Blue nose View Post
Has she verbally given you notice of the holiday? If it was written would you gave approved it?

Not all companies insist on forms. I'm guessing you are a small business and a bit of flexibility each way is often the best way to go.

With regards not doing the work requested, typing etc then you need to clarify with her the expectations so she's clear bug sny consequences for failing to deliver.
Thanks 😊

As a business we go with the Google method of a working environment we are flexible with hours/laid back environment/casual dress etc. I emailed her the other day inviting her in for a informal review as I have noticed xy and z and I said I would like to support her by re training her on a few things. I do insist on forms and documentation as I belive in a paper trail as you never know what the future will ask for. She emailed me on Fri day saying she will be going on holiday this Friday. I asked her to fill in a holiday form. This isn't the first time she has refused to do something and I need to establish the reasons why.
Old 7 Jul 19, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
GjDisney
Proud to wear my Ears

Did you know of the holiday time? Like as in what holidays they wanted to take they just failed to put it down officially? I can’t see why they wouldn’t fill it in a form or put it in writing.

What do you want from this?

If you have put the policy down in writing and it’s been signed or if they have received specific training on this with a paper trail you’ve got grounds to pursue on unauthorised absence.

Edit- Sorry I’ve caught up on this missed a few posts. As a manager I’d be firm and fair

They have given you notice in some form and it looks like you were happy to sign off the holiday. I’d let them know they must follow policy in the future.

Edited at 09:58 PM.
GjDisney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List