Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 18 Jul 21, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
silverfox46
Imagineer

Our first stay was at Riu tropical bay Negril ( now a palace grade. It sits right next door to Riu club Negril which is what I think you’re planning on. Stayed there about 4 times
The club has fun games around the beach and a fabulous Jerk chicken hut right on beach. If it’s fun you’re after Riu club is spot on. The beach there is ok , can get quite a lot of seaweed, so walk along to the Riu palace and further along where it’s fine and sandy.
We haven’t been for a few years now because we heard beach was cornered off due to unrest, not sure if still in place so I would check that.
You would get buskers coming along the beach , settle down, sing Bob Marley , it’s fabulous. A few dollars and they move on.
Quite a way back to Dunn’s River falls , it’s back over airport way from memories.
It’s a place we love, the words relaxed , and laid back don’t do it justice.
silverfox46 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 21, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

There is some horse riding on the beach thing that my daughter, daughter in law and two granddaughters are planning to do.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 21, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Lee-Anne
Getting Excited

Dunn’s River is in Ocho Rios. I think it’s about 3 hours drive x
Lee-Anne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 21, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Thank you so much for the information. That was really useful. So would a lateral flow suffice for children who are not vaccinated?
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 21, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

This thread is great. I currently have my eye on the Hilton Rose Hall in Jamaica is Mexico becomes a no go. Thanks for the helpful information
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 21, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Ooh I'm looking at that Riu one now and it looks lovely. If only BA did it, It looks very nice and a good price on Tui too.
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 21, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Some fantastic tips thanks all.

Thanks Silver fox. Our coach transfer to our hotel is estimated to take 2hours. We are flying into Montego Bay so I'll bear this in mind if we book any excursions. Part of me is relishing spending 2 weeks doing nothing but swimming, relaxing and stuffing my face but then the other part of me knows I will likely get bored by about midday on our first full day so I daresay there will be some excursions. I'm looking forward to the jerk chicken and wandering up the beach. Will look out for the buskers

Ooh Sue, riding a horse along the edge of the sea on a sandy beach sounds like a proper bucket list thing to do. I hope your daughter, daughter in law and grandchildren enjoy it I'll definitely look into that so thanks for the tip.

I'm almost believing we will be all fine to go. I'm not sure I'll quite know it's for real until we are sitting on the plane.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 21, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Rac20 View Post
Thank you so much for the information. That was really useful. So would a lateral flow suffice for children who are not vaccinated?
I've used the visitjamaica.com website for all my information. This states it is only valid from 1st July to 10th August so please watch out if you are travelling any later than this.

It says that along with the approved travel authorisation form all travellers aged 12 and up are required to show proof of a negative PCR or antigen test performed by an accredited lab for which the sample was collected within 3 days of travel. The travel authorisation form must be submitted within 7 days of the intended travel date.

So, as my kids are both over 12 they both need a test. Hope that helps.

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 21, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by happytraveller View Post
Ooh I'm looking at that Riu one now and it looks lovely. If only BA did it, It looks very nice and a good price on Tui too.
I've used BA a lot in the last 5 years and haven't ever booked a holiday with TUI, but for this trip TUI had far better prices than BA and so far I'm glad I've booked with them. I'm still kind of hoping we might get a cheeky week in Orlando in October half term so I didn't want to splurge loads of money on this trip

Old 19 Jul 21, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

thats a good deal. we stopped in couples negril a few years ago. excellent holiday. the transfer can be iffy but still good. Dunns river was a good day out.
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List