Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 3 Sep 23, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
lovestoplan
slightly serious Dibber

General consensus - OK times to start noisy jobs?

Morning,
Not a serious rant or anything but just curious about other people's views. I wouldn't start any noisy house/garden jobs before 9am in the week or 10am on the weekends. My neighbour, not for the first time, starting trimming conifers with one of the electric "zuzzer" things at 8.30 this morning, which was really annoying. No shift work, mitigating circumstances in play. What time would you think to start noisy jobs?
I don't mean builders coming for a week to make something, I mean just everyday jobs like cutting grass, drilling, etc
lovestoplan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 23, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I don’t think it matters in the week but then we are all up and out early. Weekend I’d say 9 but mowing the grass, cutting hedges isn’t that noisy anyway. I’d just close my window.
Will depend on if you are an early riser or not. What time is suitable in the evening ? Our neighbour used to complain about us doing gardening jobs after 8pm in the summer.
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 23, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
We’re the same as you - 9am weekdays and 10am weekends.
Old 3 Sep 23, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Andy
Imagineer

I feel the same. 9ish on weekdays and 10ish on weekends.

Not everyone wants to be woken up at 8:30am on a Sunday!
Mr Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 23, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

I’d feel like you, that I was being a nuisance and would wait until 9-10 ish.
However, I don’t think people are generally very self aware and just crack on whenever!
The ‘Hulk Smash’ kids were up and out shouting their heads off just before 7 this morning and whilst we mostly find it funny listening to them and their constant tantrums, it’s actually more annoying than a mower to wake up to 😆
I can hear my neighbour mowing now which seems perfectly acceptable

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 23, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
tmwalsh
Apprentice Imagineer

Half 8 is fine. Are they doing it every weekend?
tmwalsh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 23, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
littlelish0544
Imagineer

I agree with op
Old 3 Sep 23, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
marlouwrig
VIP Dibber

I think 8 weekdays and 9 weekends. Forecast is hot today so I can understand them wanting to get it done before it really warms up

DVC Member BCV, BLT & VGC
marlouwrig is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 23, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
P&S
Imagineer

I agree with 10am at weekend, week days I am up early for work so for me wouldn't matter but for some people (on annual leave, shift workers, retired, new baby etc) the time in the week could be different.
Old 3 Sep 23, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

It also depends on the neighbourhood. We live in a quiet street with lots of younger couples and families with teenage kids and it's rare to notice a lawnmower before 10 at the weekends. Most people are up and out, or working from home in the week so jobs start 8am onwards.

My parents live in a street where couples are older and 8.30am is pretty standard for starting jobs, even at the weekend.

My sister lives in a street with lots of families so you can hear children playing in their gardens from 8am.

I don't think there's a general rule, and most people try their best to be good neighbours. Not all succeed though

Edited at 10:49 AM.
Beth_Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List