Notices

Old 11 Aug 20, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
missdopey
Imagineer

Ok Let's Try This With A Baby - Feb/March 2020 - Day 17

I woke up with DS around 5.30am, he had a bottle and went straight back to sleep. I decided to set an alarm for just after 7am and get up to do the yacht and beach club regatta run. This is 1.86 miles starting form the marina outside yacht club, out towards Hollywood studios turning around at the bridge and back to the boardwalk and finish with a lap of the boardwalk back to the marina. The cost is $15 and registration started at 7.30am and the run was at 8am. There were only 4 of us taking part this morning but it was great fun none the less. People were cheering us on along the way. At the end of the race we got a goody bag with a regatta run commemorative pin, some earphones in a yacht and beach club holder and some plastic sunglasses. There were bottles of water, fresh fruit and cereal/nut bars to help ourselves to at the end. It was hard going as the temperature at 8am was 23 degrees and I'm used with about 5 degrees at home!

After the run I returned to the room and DH went to beach club market place to get some snacks and coffee for breakfast. He refilled our mugs and got himself a chocolate muffin, Dd a Mickey confetti cupcake and a chocolate pastry twist for me.

The pastry was really good with loads of chocolate and I also helped Dd finished her cupcake which I can confirm was very moist with plenty of butter cream.

We decided we'd spend the afternoon at animal kingdom as we haven't really been here this trip except for moonlight magic last week. I had fastpasses for flight of passage, the animation class and Everest for us. We arrived at animal kingdom just before lunch and went straight to flight of passage, we sorted out rider swap and Dd and I went on the ride first. It's been 18 months since I last went on this but I didn't remember getting sprayed quite so much on past rides.
Dd went straight back on again with DH. Rider swap worked really well for us in the sense that Dd was getting to rise everything twice!

After our time in pandora we walked along the back to Harambe and caught the train out to the conservation station. We arrived bang on our fastpass time for the animation class. Today we were drawing tick tock croc. They give you a piece of paper with guidelines already drawn on which makes life much easier to follow the steps to draw the character. We all really enjoyed this and DS managed to fall asleep allowing DH to draw his picture. The only frustration was the animator kept covering up the bits he had just done with his hand while doing the next bit so you couldn't see what he had just done unless you literally did the lines at the same time as him.

After the class we went out to the affection section where Dd stroked, petted and brushed some goats. It felt like it was starting to spit with rain so we made our way back to the train and returned to Harambe. Some rain would have been welcome at this point as it was 32 degrees and absolutely roasting!
It was time for our Everest fastpasses so we arranged our rider switch and Dd and I went on first. The interactive screen in the fastpass queue had my name on it as a welcome which was pretty cool! We both absolutely loved the ride and Dd went straight back on with DH.

We realised we had forgotten DSs flask with water in for his bottle and had no ready made formula so instead of going straight for our dinner reservation at Kobe this evening we now had to pop back to beach club to sort that out. We spent half an hour giving DS his dinner and chilling out before marking the short drive to the Kobe at Kissimmee on the 192. We arrived just before it opened and once all checked in we were seated within a couple of minutes. There were 10 of us at the table us 4 and a party of 6. We ordered our drinks, DH and I both had cokes and Dd got an orange juice. She gets really excited about the cherry and little plastic sword in the top of the drink here.

First of all they served us chicken broth which was as delicious as ever, Dd loves this soup the most and it's the reason she asks to come here.

Next up was the salad with a ginger dressing. The dressing had a weird consistency but tastes lovely.

Again Dd got as much as the adults.
Then finally the chosen meats were dished out. Dd and I had steak, mine was a 5 oz sirloin and cooked perfectly medium rare, DD's portion was slightly smaller but not much and cooked medium. DH and the steak and chicken and the pile of chicken he got was huge.
The total
Came to $62, as we dined before 6 we got the early bird pricing which knocks $3-4 off the adults entree prices.

As we left Kobe a weird thing happened. We got Dd and DS in the car and I was walking round to get in my side and as I got in a man appeared at DH's window and signalled for him to open the door. I told him under no circumstances was he to open the door and just to drive. He wound the window down a crack and asked what was up and the guy wanted him to help him, DH said he couldn't, he said he'd had a tyre blow out and was $14 short to get a new one and could we help him out. DH said we didn't have any cash, just spent it all in Kobe and the guy made a hasty retreat. We saw him shoot off to the other side of the car park. This is the first time in 15 trips anyone has ever approached us directly like this. I've read about these beggar and scammers before more common but was surprised it was so blatant in broad daylight.
We called in at Walmart on our way back as I had some bits and pieces I wanted to get to take back home. A few boxes of crest white strips, pop tarts, twirlers and sweets for DD's friends.
We got back to beach club about 7.30pm and felt it was too late to go to Epcot and DS was pretty tired. DH put him to bed and Dd and I went to the boardwalk for an hour or so. We watched 3 different entertainers and Dd was picked by each one as a volunteer. She was absolutely ecstatic she got to take part. She's usually quite shy but loves volunteering for things and really comes out of her shell on holiday.

ASMo, ASMu x4, SSR x2, BLT x 4, CSR, POLY, AKL x 4, BC x 4, BWV, CC, OKW
DVC MEMBER - BLT & SSR
missdopey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 20, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by missdopey - 11 Aug 20 10:54 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List