Notices

Old 29 Dec 20, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

The one that was supposed to be Florida only

This trip started as a week in Orlando and a week cruising in September 2020 but has been rebooked and changed many times.
Flights were BA flights booked with American on a code share. I tend to book BA this way as AA are even in usual times far more flexible than BA themselves, for example in 2019 our LGW FLL flight was posted with a four hour delay , had we booked direct with BA we’d have had to wait it out but AAs delay policies meant we were able to switch to LHR MIA at no charge leaving at our original scheduled time.
This time with dates that moved from September to May to August and then September there were a lot of free changes !

The latest and hopefully last plan

Parking at the terminal with Purple Parking via Holiday Extras

MyLounge at Gatwick (moved at no cost)

BA Gatwick to Orlando Premium economy (upgraded when fares dropped last week)

Car hire from MCO with DFCH to take us to visit friends in Vero for four days before dropping the car at Port Canaveral.

MSC cruise for a week , originally booked for 2020 rebooked for 2021 at the same price but ship was changed and port changed from Tampa to Canaveral so free upgrade from ocean view to balcony and a couple of hundred OBC

Uber Port Canaveral to Melbourne to fly to Phoenix, night in Phoenix then drive to Elgin to meet my grandfather’s nephew for the first time . His father and my grandfather and their siblings scattered when they fled Russia in 1900 and for some reason he never mentioned to his children he had brothers (they fled the Pogroms so possibly putting bad memories behind him) so they didn’t know about this branch of the family until a couple of years ago. He lives on a ranch and breeds racehorses so should be interesting. His son came to London and I took him around to see the sights and the old family homes. I promised to visit as soon as I could but then Covid happened.

From there we fly Tucson to Vegas , catch some shows for me and Hoover Dam and London Bridge for my husband as both are on his bucket list them PE direct back to Gatwick (BA have cancelled the Friday Gatwick flight but for now the Saturday flight remains.)

We should both be vaccinated by May if current projections are correct so hoping this version actually works and we get to go!
(We also have ten days in Corfu booked for June , not quite so confident of that one yet ! )
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 20, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Sounds a fantastic plan
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List