Notices

Old 4 Jan 21, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by LizzyBear View Post
Following I'm too scared to rebook just yet but hoping things become clearer very soon and that your holiday goes ahead with minimal restrictions. I love New York and would love to take my kids one day but saving it for when they're a bit older.
I’m a bit like you, just trying to stay hopeful. Fingers crossed they roll out the vaccines swiftly and that will improve things.

New York is amazing for kids!
Sparksy72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 21, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Hey there Michelle

Are you still hanging around these parts? I'm dipping my toes back into the pre trip reports parts of the Dibb. I wish I could say I was 100% certain things will be fine for summer, I'm wishing and hoping at the moment, but it's been great to start to get back to normal this week at work so I'm feeling more hopeful of a normal summer.

I'm looking forward to all our plans actually coming to fruition this summer.

Abby xx

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 21, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Hi Michelle, just checking in with your plans for your trip.

I’ve noticed you’ve changed your countdown to Greece, are you still going to Florida?

Not sure if you are on the current issues forum but there are loads of info about the mask policy possibly being lifted soon!? 🤞🏼 The thought of masks in the outdoor heat was our biggest issue.

Kat x
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 21, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Hey there Michelle

Are you still hanging around these parts? I'm dipping my toes back into the pre trip reports parts of the Dibb. I wish I could say I was 100% certain things will be fine for summer, I'm wishing and hoping at the moment, but it's been great to start to get back to normal this week at work so I'm feeling more hopeful of a normal summer.

I'm looking forward to all our plans actually coming to fruition this summer.

Abby xx
Hi Abby, so sorry I missed this! We have postponed our 2020 trip til 2021 and we have now postponed our 2021 trip to 2022. I am really hopeful for everyone else that has trips booked for this year, fingers crossed the vaccine rollout means that everything moves forward swiftly. I can’t wait to see your plans! Xx
Sparksy72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 21, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
Hi Michelle, just checking in with your plans for your trip.

I’ve noticed you’ve changed your countdown to Greece, are you still going to Florida?

Not sure if you are on the current issues forum but there are loads of info about the mask policy possibly being lifted soon!? 🤞🏼 The thought of masks in the outdoor heat was our biggest issue.

Kat x
Hi Kat, I hope you are keeping well! We postponed our 2020 trip again, so will be doing it all in 2022. We have booked Sissi in Crete for 10 days at the end of July. Adam and I will both be vaccinated by then and we are happy to take tests and quarantine at home on our return. I really hope that everyone that has trips planned is able to go, that is great news if they are now changing the mask mandate. I am keeping away from the current issues forum at the minute. take care xx
Old 14 May 21, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
Hi Kat, I hope you are keeping well! We postponed our 2020 trip again, so will be doing it all in 2022. We have booked Sissi in Crete for 10 days at the end of July. Adam and I will both be vaccinated by then and we are happy to take tests and quarantine at home on our return. I really hope that everyone that has trips planned is able to go, that is great news if they are now changing the mask mandate. I am keeping away from the current issues forum at the minute. take care xx
Oh that’s great that you’ve rearranged your trip to next year and that you’ve got some lovely new plans sorted, but I’ve got to admit that I’m a little bit gutted that you aren’t going. I was hoping to have a drink with you in the RPR club lounge. 🍷 ☺️ Maybe next year?

I’m telling myself it’ll all work out in the end but I’m pretty anxious about it most of the time to be honest. I really want to go as I’ve got a bit of defiance against Covid and I don’t want it to decide for me! 😂 iukwim

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 21, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Oh that’s great that you’ve rearranged your trip to next year and that you’ve got some lovely new plans sorted, but I’ve got to admit that I’m a little bit gutted that you aren’t going. I was hoping to have a drink with you in the RPR club lounge. 🍷 ☺️ Maybe next year?

I’m telling myself it’ll all work out in the end but I’m pretty anxious about it most of the time to be honest. I really want to go as I’ve got a bit of defiance against Covid and I don’t want it to decide for me! 😂 iukwim

Kat
Kat, I completely hear you, I was super anxious however I’m just trying not to think about it now. We have flights and a hotel booked and that is all I have planned so far for Sissi. Totally unlike me.

I really do feel like the American trips will go ahead and I can’t wait to read everyone’s trip reports! We are so over being dictated to, I want everyone to be safe but I would really really like to go on holidays.

So we can absolutely meet up at RPR in 2022 but I was thinking about it recently we probably just need to make a plan for us all to meet up somewhere this year!
Old 14 May 21, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
Kat, I completely hear you, I was super anxious however I’m just trying not to think about it now. We have flights and a hotel booked and that is all I have planned so far for Sissi. Totally unlike me.

I really do feel like the American trips will go ahead and I can’t wait to read everyone’s trip reports! We are so over being dictated to, I want everyone to be safe but I would really really like to go on holidays.

So we can absolutely meet up at RPR in 2022 but I was thinking about it recently we probably just need to make a plan for us all to meet up somewhere this year!
Ooh can I come? Can I come? Would love some cocktails with you both at RPR, or anywhere really!

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 21, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews

Kat
Kat, can you believe our countdowns are down to 11 weeks? Eek. I've still not booked flights, but I do have 5 nights at CBR plus the tickets and I've done park reservations. But all that was done in July 2020 when the trip for that summer was cancelled. I haven't had the guts to book anything else. I'm fully prepared for flight prices to sky rocket, but I have 3 of the BA Amex 2 for 1 vouchers and at the moment there is loads of availability out there. So I'm not ruling it out. But i don't want to jinx it by booking anything or starting a pre trip. Hence me hijacking Michelle's pre trip.

Keep positive, it feels like things are getting back to normal even if it is slowly.

Old 14 May 21, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Oooh me, me, me please! I would love to have a mini Dibb meet this year.

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List