Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 20 Jan 21, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

We have had 55 Amazon orders and about 30 Ebay orders in 2020. We have a weekly Tesco delivery for us and two sets of neighbours and I do a weekly click and collect at Waitrose.

We have had half a dozen click and collects from John lewis that I pick up with the Waitrose order same place.

The only shops we have been in since last February is the chemist to pick up prescription and 3 or 4 trips to the bank to pay in cheques from my neighbours for their groceries.

I probably will stay like this after the pandemic, I dont want to go shopping ever again.
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 21, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Pookie3101
Imagineer

Pookie3101's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

Other than my food shop everything else has been bought online.
We have a delivery from Somewhere or another nearly every day!

DLP NBC - 2008, DLP SL- 2009, DLP SL, 2010.
AKL - 2014, POR - 2016
Pookie3101 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 21, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
2waterford
VIP Dibber

I live in Ireland and at the moment on line shopping isn’t really an option since Brexit.

Even ordering from Irish website and sometimes goods still come from UK. Friend ordered laptop last week from curry’s.ie and it got held up in customs and a duty charge of €74 incurred. I have seen media reports these charges maybe an error but will hold off online shopping for a while
2waterford is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 21, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

I’ve been online grocery shopping since Christmas and I buy all my clothes, household bits, diy products, furnishings online now and have mainly done so for the past 9 months. I did venture into our local town at the end of November for a Primark haul for Xmas gifts which I found stressful as it was busy and no one kept social distancing.

DH may drop in a supermarket for milk or veg if we run low between our deliveries but I’m happy with the service I’m getting from Tesco and the quality of the shopping they are delivering and I feel it’s safer this way

I just had a delivery from Wilkos today of some emulsion for our living room, lots of wild bird food and stationery that DD needed. It’s amazing the variety of things that can be delivered now
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 21, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
louiseybobs
Imagineer

louiseybobs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
I bought some ESPA gift sets and Dr PawPaw on 'look fantastic' reduced in the sales to put away for Christmas 2021 🙃
Old 20 Jan 21, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by louiseybobs View Post
I bought some ESPA gift sets and Dr PawPaw on 'look fantastic' reduced in the sales to put away for Christmas 2021 🙃
I saw the Espa ones and I was so tempted as it’s lovely stuff but I’ve vowed not to buy any skincare or cosmetics this year and I have cupboards, bags and boxes full
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 21, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Shutterbug
Excited about Disney

Been an online shopper for years, some of the stuff I can't get in shops (film photography and processing for example) but i've become obsessed with buying mandalorian stuff this week to cheer myself up
Shutterbug is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 21, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
djewkes
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
We don't do online shopping for food. However we hammer Amazon. This is my 2020 summary

Orders. Buy Again. Open Orders. Cancelled Orders.

244 orders placed in 2020

And carrying on the tradition!

15 orders placed in 2021

On top of that there is John Lewis, Screwfix, timber merchants etc etc
I’m on par with you Mr TM...
246 in 2020
13 in 2021, though 5 of those were cheap kindle books (99p) and 5 subscribe and save items...
Am yet again trying to cut back on my Amazon spending...

May 2012 3 weeks Highgate villa, RPR & Barefoot Beach Resort
May 2010 2 weeks The Point Orlando Resort & Clearwater
djewkes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 21, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Checked my Amazon stats and have averaged 30 orders a year for the last 3 years. Amazon makes up about 90% of my online shopping, excluding Tesco deliveries.

Half of those are general supermarket items that I either can't get specific brands locally or are much cheaper online like cat litter, Flash mop refills, etc. And last year specifically, quite a few were WFH related as my company was reimbursing equipment rather than supplying it.

So I don't feel like I'm shopping online much. Just don't need anything!
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List