Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 21 Jan 21, 01:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Dabootie
Very Serious Dibber

Traditionally they did not let you add free dining to UK bookings, the whole idea was to drive more bookings. Some people on occasion have managed to get an exception to that rule. Not all hotels or even all room categories are included in the offer so booking early and hoping to add on dining later is risky. If you REALLY want to book the best option is to book the hotel and room category you want for 1 person... if you get them to agree to add free dining you can add others on to the room at the same cost. If they say no then you have potentially only lost £50 deposit (occasionally they will let you move the deposit to a new booking)
Dabootie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 21, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
m3gt2
Excited about Disney

I think it will come back as it'll get so many people booking from UK as not only will it fill the hotels, it also makes it much more likely you will stay in the Disney bubble, plus how many actually use every credit?
m3gt2 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 21, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnies Bow
Earning My Ears

Hopeful for free dining in August 2022 🤞🤞 Quick question re Art of Animation hotel...am I right in thinking the free quick service dining plan is only offered with moderate hotels and therefore not offered free as part of the deal for art of animation? Or is it offered if you stay in one of the family suites? Have read some conflicting information and now I’m confused 🤔
Minnies Bow is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 21, 11:28 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Minnies Bow View Post
Hopeful for free dining in August 2022 🤞🤞 Quick question re Art of Animation hotel...am I right in thinking the free quick service dining plan is only offered with moderate hotels and therefore not offered free as part of the deal for art of animation? Or is it offered if you stay in one of the family suites? Have read some conflicting information and now I’m confused 🤔
Previously it was offered for moderate resorts although the US offer included it at values. Of course given the current situation there’s no way to predict whether any free dining offers would be the same as before should Disney even feel the need to offer it at all.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 21, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Minnies Bow View Post
We last went in 2019 (and therefore booked in 2018) and they had offered a 'free breakfast' option at Values (which was essentially one quick service credit). But as I haven't looked to book since, I don't know whether that was offered 2019 for 2020...

I go between waves of optimism and pessimism for the offering this year for next year. We want the middle two weeks of September in 2022 because we want to go for Epcot F&W. After staying on site since 2004, and having the free DDP for the first time in 2011, I don't like to think about a Florida holiday without it now. Meals such as those we've experienced at Narcoossee's, California Grill and more recently, The Boathouse and Flying Fish, have absolutely made our holiday.

We couldn't afford to go to those restaurants under normal circumstances since we go all out and eat steak and lobster so the DDP being free or with a small upgrade charge is a deal breaker for us.

Our backup plan is staying at a value and paying for the plan... but we've been lucky enough to afford moderate resorts so this really isn't something that we want to have to do. They're also more 'us' as we're a group of 9 adults now. We love the bars, restaurants and serenity they offer, in comparison to the values.

Crossing literally everything.
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 21, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
They may not bring back. DDP As they got to make back millions of dollars. Just a option
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List