Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 21 Jan 21, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
coinneach
Imagineer

We've been going for over 30 years and really like the 192 West area.
Close to Disney with numerous restaurants and Walmart and Publix close as well.

We like Lindfields and Sunset Lakes when staying in a villa. Sunset Lakes being gated is also an advantage.
Encantada resort for a townhouse is very good and also have a couple of pools for the children.
Unfortunately they now charge resort fees which adds to the cost.

In 2019 we stayed In a townhouse at Hapimag Resort which is along the 192 East.
Much smaller than Encantada but still enjoyable. Very good value and Walmart only a couple of minutes away and loads of restaurants near as well.

We've booked a week, covid permitting, for this September back to Hapimag.
For price comparison, we paid around £65pn for Hapimag through booking.com.
I would expect Encantada to be around £25pn extra plus their resort fee.
coinneach is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 21, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Rafael2020
New Poster (5)

There are 2 adults and 2 children - 12 and 8. 2 bedrooms is fine. Don’t think we will rent a car. We are going for 14 days. Don’t mind gated and thinking about resort. Hope that helps xx
Rafael2020 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 21, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather17
Apprentice Imagineer

Are you wanting the resort to provide transfers or planning to uber/lyft? If you are happy to use uber try the resorts very close to Sherbeth road off US192, or the LBV area. The resorts at Bonnet Creek are lovely with shared pools and amenities, the wyndham there does condos and the others hotel rooms. There is also hotel boulevard with a shared bus service, there is quite a range of budgets along the road but these are all hotel rooms, only the doubletree has suites.
Merryweather17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 21, 02:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Rafael2020 View Post
There are 2 adults and 2 children - 12 and 8. 2 bedrooms is fine. Don’t think we will rent a car. We are going for 14 days. Don’t mind gated and thinking about resort. Hope that helps xx
I can’t really recommend a resort as we’ve only been once but I just wanted to jump on and say we stayed offsite and did not hire a car. We would definitely not hire one if we went again either. We used Uber/Lyft everywhere we went. If you download the apps on your phone when you look at your accommodation options on Google maps you will then notice an option to get a taxi between places. Enter the address of the accommodation and the park (Disney/Universal etc) and you click on the icon of a person hailing a cab. It will give you quotes for uber and lyft on there. You can use this to put together your budget for transportation, as well as deciding how close/far away you want to be from certain parks.
Hope that helps - enjoy the planning
Floridadreams is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 21, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Squiggly2902
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Floridadreams View Post
I can’t really recommend a resort as we’ve only been once but I just wanted to jump on and say we stayed offsite and did not hire a car. We would definitely not hire one if we went again either. We used Uber/Lyft everywhere we went. If you download the apps on your phone when you look at your accommodation options on Google maps you will then notice an option to get a taxi between places. Enter the address of the accommodation and the park (Disney/Universal etc) and you click on the icon of a person hailing a cab. It will give you quotes for uber and lyft on there. You can use this to put together your budget for transportation, as well as deciding how close/far away you want to be from certain parks.
Hope that helps - enjoy the planning
Thanks for this, I’m also planning on using Uber/Lyft rather than hiring a car, never knew this option existed and it will help me with my planning.
Squiggly2902 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List