Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 16 Dec 20, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
OKW doesn’t take much to find the bearings on (it’s a main road with branch roads off) so I wouldn’t worry too much about that.

They said at the meeting the other day SSR is on track to finish next summer. Pending a disaster it will be done by October, they are really cracking on.

So I would be confident about the standard being done by October.

If you want it for October 1, you better book today as all studios on property gone, and only a few one beds left at SSR and OKW. Fine after the 1st though (anniversary).
Thanks YorkshireT, I think we will go ahead and book SSR, we really do love it. We are looking to arrive the 6th so hopefully it'll be fine
toots82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 21, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Latest update:

Paddock is just being finished. Final touches internally to last rooms to be done.

They started Carousel last week.
Old 3 Jan 21, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Talland 2016
Imagineer

Brilliant news
Thanks for keeping us updated
Talland 2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 21, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

As above, I had seen it reported that they had started on Carousel. Have not had it confirmed but it was a credible report.

However, they also now seem to have started on Grandstand as well. Maybe they are taking advantage of Covid under occupancy to really crack on.

Grandstand photos:

Old 4 Jan 21, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
YT. Makes sense as the Carousel is so small that to crack on with the Grandstand probably keep more Tradesmen on site.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 21, 08:12 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

More Grandstand photos.

Old 6 Jan 21, 01:21 AM  
Link to this Post

we own at SSR, only ever stayed the one night a few trips ago, ( i mentioned the issues on here, the aircon was noisy as hell and we didnt get a wink of sleep all night, well from 1am when we got back after the moonlight magic party night )

none of the family want to stay at SSR, though a new refurb room would be nice
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 21, 12:01 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Confirmed they are definitely doing both Grandstand and Carousel now.
Old 24 Jan 21, 08:27 AM  
Link to this Post
DoubleDisney
Trainee Dibber

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
SSR has had its walls ripped down and pluming etc sorted, as well as new fire resistance etc as part of refurb.

It’s satisfaction rating has gone up 20% to very high levels for those staying in new rooms DVC said at the meeting in December.

You should try it again- I can’t wait, I have been waiting for the standard to be done though as I like to save points but definitely want a refurb room and was not too keen on the older rooms. I really love the grounds at SSR as we like walking and running, and of course the restaurants at Disney Springs are a huge boon. Think about the difference between now and say 5 years ago- there must be a dozen highly rated restaurants now there which were not there beforehand as well as some of the best quick serves.
Hello, I’m looking at buying (first time) at SSR (resale). I have looked around the resort a few times but haven’t ever stayed there. In your opinion if I buy enough points for a preferred room would I absolutely need a car? I haven’t ever driven in Disney and am daunted at the thought but equally wouldn’t want to feel stranded. Any advice much appreciated!
DoubleDisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 21, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DoubleDisney View Post
Hello, I’m looking at buying (first time) at SSR (resale). I have looked around the resort a few times but haven’t ever stayed there. In your opinion if I buy enough points for a preferred room would I absolutely need a car? I haven’t ever driven in Disney and am daunted at the thought but equally wouldn’t want to feel stranded. Any advice much appreciated!
No you don’t need a car at all. The busses from SSR are fine. I’ve found the worst busses to be the Boardwalk to Magic Kingdom (when it went to Dolphin) and the Contemporary to HWS (calls in Wilderness Lodge and often doesn’t turn up as it’s already full). SSR and OKW I have never encountered bad busses really. I was told AKL had a bad bus service and that one also was very good.

Edited at 08:31 AM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List