Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 9 Jun 19, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Miss_Shell
Imagineer

First trip without Universal/HHN - Convince me

Hi all,

I've dropped a clanger here, we last visited in 2017 for 3 weeks and did both Disney and Universal. We have done HHN almost every year since 2012 and have always bought the 14 day combi ticket with HHN included. I waited and waited for the same kind of ticket to go on sale this year (as its historically been cheaper than buying separate entry to the parks and HHN), to be advised they stopped doing these tickets in 2017. It's my fault, obviously didn't research it enough and not left any real time to save up the money needed. It's going to cost almost £800 for two of us to visit Universal/IOA/HHN for the allocated 5 days I had ear marked in our itinerary which is much more than I anticipated, and I just don't think we can do it.

We have booked 3 weeks onsite at Disney at POFQ with dining, and I'm trying to convince myself that Universal isn't going anywhere, and we can always go another time; but breaking that habit is kind of upsetting - I want to have my cake and eat it

I'm hoping you lovely lot can convince me that staying onsite for the whole duration is a good thing. It will obviously save us money, but I think i'm having a massive sulk.

Help please, thanks!
Orlando & Bahamas 1992 - Orlando 1998 - Orlando 1999 - Orlando 2000 - Polynesian Resort - Orlando 2000 - Orlando 2001 - Orlando 2003 - Kissimmee Villa - Orlando 2005 - Christmas - Orlando 2010 - Orlando 2011 - Port Orleans Riverside - Orlando 2012 - Disney Coronado Springs - HHN - Orlando & Hollywood 2014 - Orlando 2016- Disney's Coronado Springs and Universal's Cabana Bay Honeymoon 2017 - Disney's Port Orleans Riverside
Miss_Shell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 19, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Warkman58
Imagineer

We have annual passes that we pay monthly, through the Universal Flexpay system.
Villa Formosa Gardens, Flights BA/Aer Lingus
20th August 2016 to 3rd September 2016,
Warkman58 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 19, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Miss_Shell
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Warkman58 View Post
We have annual passes that we pay monthly, through the Universal Flexpay system.
Interesting, don't know if that's worth it for 5 days of play though?
Orlando & Bahamas 1992 - Orlando 1998 - Orlando 1999 - Orlando 2000 - Polynesian Resort - Orlando 2000 - Orlando 2001 - Orlando 2003 - Kissimmee Villa - Orlando 2005 - Christmas - Orlando 2010 - Orlando 2011 - Port Orleans Riverside - Orlando 2012 - Disney Coronado Springs - HHN - Orlando & Hollywood 2014 - Orlando 2016- Disney's Coronado Springs and Universal's Cabana Bay Honeymoon 2017 - Disney's Port Orleans Riverside
Miss_Shell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 19, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

I didn't like Universal when I went there last year (though I didn't mind Islands of Adventure) so I think you're doing the right thing!
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 19, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Warkman58
Imagineer

We prefer Universal tonDisney TBH, so an annual oasis suits yes as we sang cone nod go throughout Tge two weeks without car parking charges also
Villa Formosa Gardens, Flights BA/Aer Lingus
20th August 2016 to 3rd September 2016,
Warkman58 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 19, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
BellaBess
Getting Excited

Mobile

We just did Disney last year and ended up going again this year as we missed universal we did nearly end up buying tickets last year when there but was too expensive So this time we are only doing a Disney Halloween party and universal. Maybe you could just go to HHN instead to give you your universal fix ?
BellaBess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 19, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
legallyblonde
VIP Dibber

Mobile

How about reducing Disney to two weeks or by a few days and stay at one of the cheaper universal hotels or international drive to save pennies for the tickets? I love Disney, but not sure what I would do for 3 whole weeks on site and think I would be itching to go elsewhere in that time.
legallyblonde is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 19, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Miss_Shell
Imagineer

Originally Posted by legallyblonde View Post
How about reducing Disney to two weeks or by a few days and stay at one of the cheaper universal hotels or international drive to save pennies for the tickets? I love Disney, but not sure what I would do for 3 whole weeks on site and think I would be itching to go elsewhere in that time.
The trouble is my parents are joining us at Disney during week two and staying the remainder of the 3 weeks so no can do. I think I may just either have to decide to do it all (hello credit card) or not at all x
Old 9 Jun 19, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
legallyblonde
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Miss_Shell View Post
The trouble is my parents are joining us at Disney during week two and staying the remainder of the 3 weeks so no can do. I think I may just either have to decide to do it all (hello credit card) or not at all x
Oh I see! Credit card it is then! 😬😜 It’s Disney and universal as a minimum for us every time, but I can understand why more and more people are having to choose as it’s just getting so expensive!
legallyblonde is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Miss_Shell View Post
So couldn’t you do universal onsite at the start before your parents arrive? It sounds like you really do want to go to Universal. We did both this year as we decided we needed a fix, but the time before we decided to just do one because of tickets price.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List