Notices
Photo, Video & Vlogs Photography, Video and Vlog discussions

Old 29 May 20, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Free Windows Video editors

This may be one for Wayne if you are around

I need to edit and title video clips which have been imported from different mobile devices iPhones. Android etc

Until a month ago I used to have an Adobe CC subscription but I didn't use it enough to justify the monthly cost even though it was my editor of choice.

So can anyone recommend a free video editor which will run on Windows 10 and be happy with the formats mobile devices use? I estimate the total length of all of the clips will be around 10 minutes and I would rather not have watermarks.

Thanks in advance.

BB
Old 29 May 20, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
martyn321
Very Serious Dibber

Try a free demo version of nch video pad. Ive made quite a few films with it over the years, and have just converted a load of old video tapes too. The demo is the full version, lots of features, No watermarks etc for the demo. And a bonus is when the demo runs out, just remove it and reinstall it and it works again!
martyn321 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Have you got an iPad? LumaFusion is brilliant for the money. This is the type of thing you can do on it with the right skill set, it’s about 20 quid. This was done on it on an iPad. I edit 4k60fps on it on my iPad.

Edited at 10:00 AM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Mobile

Originally Posted by martyn321 View Post
Try a free demo version of nch video pad. Ive made quite a few films with it over the years, and have just converted a load of old video tapes too. The demo is the full version, lots of features, No watermarks etc for the demo. And a bonus is when the demo runs out, just remove it and reinstall it and it works again!
Many thanks - I will give that a go later.

BB
Old 30 May 20, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Mobile

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Have you got an iPad? LumaFusion is brilliant for the money. This is the type of thing you can do on it with the right skill set, it’s about 20 quid. This was done on it on an iPad. I edit 4k60fps on it on my iPad.

Thanks but no ios tablet devices here but it does look like a good app.
Old 4 Jun 20, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

sorry, only just seen this. hitfilm express. both mac and windows versions available. completely free for the basic version, which is more than enogh for most people unless you are wanting to convert and burn to dvd or some other premium feature

fxhome/hitfilm-express

you can buy specific addons (like dvd authoring) for a few quid each, but i stumped up for the pro version after a while, as i wanted to support a great product.

compared to FCP/imovie, it is by far the most intuitive video editor i've come across in years.
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Originally Posted by wanye View Post
sorry, only just seen this. hitfilm express. both mac and windows versions available. completely free for the basic version, which is more than enogh for most people unless you are wanting to convert and burn to dvd or some other premium feature

fxhome/hitfilm-express

you can buy specific addons (like dvd authoring) for a few quid each, but i stumped up for the pro version after a while, as i wanted to support a great product.

compared to FCP/imovie, it is by far the most intuitive video editor i've come across in years.
many thanks Wayne - I will take a look.

For the project I have in mind I don't really need much and certainly dodn't need to burn DVDs

Thanks again
Old 28 Jul 20, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Peter H
VIP Dibber

Mobile

There is a basic editor for Windows 10 from Microsoft. If you just want a basic stitch together and add music sort of program it is fine. If you want more control then you may want to look elsewhere. My workhorse is Vegas movie studio, unless you are a pro this is more than you will need. I also use Power Director. Both programs have an easy mode (I have not used them) and you can buy the as a one off if you don’t want to pay monthly.

DLP: day trips 2000, 03; Cheyenne Sep 09, Feb 11; Sequoia Lodge June 08, May 12; Elysee May 12, Jan 13, Sep 13; Disneyland Hotel Mar 15, Santa Fe Nov 16, Newport Bay Sep 17
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14 Other: DCL Disney Magic Sep 17

Trippies and videos from:
Orlando
DLP Cruise and other
Peter H is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 20, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Mobile

Originally Posted by Peter H View Post
There is a basic editor for Windows 10 from Microsoft. If you just want a basic stitch together and add music sort of program it is fine. If you want more control then you may want to look elsewhere. My workhorse is Vegas movie studio, unless you are a pro this is more than you will need. I also use Power Director. Both programs have an easy mode (I have not used them) and you can buy the as a one off if you don’t want to pay monthly.
I used to have a subscription for power director which I like. I had cancelled it buy may buy it again as it is reasonably priced. Ideally I would use Adobe Premier Pro but that is expensive for my occasional needs
Old 28 Jul 20, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BerkshireBugsy View Post
Many thanks - I will give that a go later.

BB
I use the NCH Videopad too - it's great and easy to use.
YLL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List