Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 4 Aug 20, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
mikeclark007
Serious Dibber

mikeclark007's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by PumpkinCupcake View Post
Just wanting to check in on those who still have plans for this year, and also Disney park tickets?

I read on FB that they were able to get a refund from Undercover Tourist because the parks are closed, but once they open they won't be able to get a refund on them, even if the borders are still closed. I'm now on the fence about whether to try and request a refund so that I can get in before the parks open (who knows when that will even be!). We still can't do anything with our trip as Aer Lingus haven't cancelled. We'll definitely go if we're allowed in, but I just don't know at this point as we're less than 2 months away, and I'd like to make chances of getting a refund easier.. but also would be annoyed if we do get to go and I can't tickets again
Hi. Yes I got a refund from UT for my October trip. Once initiated it took 4-5 weeks for the refund to be credited. Excellent service.

I rebought 1 park per day tickets in case we get the green light to book in advance of our rescheduled trip at the end of April next year.
mikeclark007 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 20, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
PumpkinCupcake
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by mikeclark007 View Post
Hi. Yes I got a refund from UT for my October trip. Once initiated it took 4-5 weeks for the refund to be credited. Excellent service.

I rebought 1 park per day tickets in case we get the green light to book in advance of our rescheduled trip at the end of April next year.
That's good to know. Where you able to buy those tickets afterwards? I had thought all ticket sales were currently suspended.

There's a chance we will go again while our current tickets are still valid, but at the moment we really don't know when we would want to book our flights for again with everything being so unknown.
PumpkinCupcake is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 20, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
mikeclark007
Serious Dibber

mikeclark007's Reviews
That's good to know. Where you able to buy those tickets afterwards? I had thought all ticket sales were currently suspended.

There's a chance we will go again while our current tickets are still valid, but at the moment we really don't know when we would want to book our flights for again with everything being so unknown.
Based on the advise from BadPinkTink I rebought about a week later when they were rumoured to announce their reopening - which they did before delaying it again.

If you plan on going anyway and have the tickets in hand and linked to the Disneyland app I’d just keep them for now in case they do require the advance reservations when they eventually open. Obviously if you have no intention on moving the booking or cancelling outright then try and cash in before they open.
mikeclark007 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 20, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
PumpkinCupcake
Apprentice Imagineer

Any thoughts from those due to fly this year following the news that the US have changed their level from a 4 to a 3? I wonder if we're going to get any travel updates soon!
PumpkinCupcake is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 20, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

Any thoughts from those due to fly this year following the news that the US have changed their level from a 4 to a 3? I wonder if we're going to get any travel updates soon!
My flights got cancelled for December this week but that was due to them going on a 747, so we have re scheduled them in the eternal hope that we can still go. However even if we are technically allowed to go, we will still assess the situation to make sure we still want to go nearer the time.
Sandraoh40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 20, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
dozy
Imagineer

dozy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Direct flights dublin to Los angelas now €475 pp for june 2021... its killing me

dozy does de west... vegas baby
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=886432
dozy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 20, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
PumpkinCupcake
Apprentice Imagineer

Bit the bullet yesterday and contact UT for a refund on our Disney tickets while the parks are still closed. They replied very quickly and told me I could get a full refund, no questions asked. So happy with their service that I will definitely be using them again!

Still just waiting on the flights to get cancelled now
Old 20 Aug 20, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
sbuck93
Apprentice Imagineer

Our flights to LAX on 17th sept were cancelled yesterday

Vegas.Disney.MCFC
sbuck93 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 20, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
PumpkinCupcake
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by sbuck93 View Post
Our flights to LAX on 17th sept were cancelled yesterday
It’s good you finally have confirmation at least

Ours are no longer showing as available to book on the Aer Lingus website, and when I called them yesterday they told me it was a glitch!
Old 27 Dec 20, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
mikeclark007
Serious Dibber

mikeclark007's Reviews
Pushed mine even further back today from April ‘21 to Oct ‘21 as a free amendment window with Trail Finders was extended for those departing up to the end of April.

Second push back but second time I’ve saved a few hundred pounds in doing so - and I’ve pushed it back to overlap with uk school half term so expected the cost to be higher.

Last years Disneyland / Universal Orlando tickets will still be valid so I’m going to start with the optimism for then!