Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 8 Jan 21, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BarryandCaron View Post
I didn’t have a problem at all renting on a Facebook group. Two lovely renters, simple bookings and payment straight away. One has asked to be considered if I have any more points to rent out in the future.
Same Caron, no issues at all, there are twonks on there but you can find them anywhere, easily bypassed.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 21, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Jeez the PayPal fees are a rip off, cost me £50 to receive and convert just over £1000. Cost of doing business I suppose, I can’t be bothered going that buy gift card route given problems people seem to have had recently.
Old 8 Jan 21, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Mobile

No conversion fees to our Suntrust account. However, I’ve not transferred any for a few months as my rentals have covered our DVC monthly dues.
Old 10 Jan 21, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Birtie
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Hil View Post
Hope you don't mind me jumping on the thread, but how do you go about the confirmation process, and in what order? I've done a few rentals before (mainly to Uk renters / friends), but am never quite sure I've got it right!

This is how I've been doing it, but would be interested to hear if I could be doing it any differently:
  • Agree details by email / messenger / etc.
  • Secure reservation (using my own name as guest 1)
  • Send contract to renter for signature and agreement to details and payment
  • Amend contract to renter guest details and send screenshot to renter (without confirmation number)
  • Await payment
  • Once payment has been received, send full copy of confirmed booking, with reservation number.

As I'm now offering rentals to US guests, I'm trying to make sure I'm doing this in the best way :-)
How do you amend the name of the lead guest from yours to that of the renter? I can’t see how to do it
Birtie's Trip ReportsOct95~QIP,Aug97~HJ Universal Tower/Wedding,Aug03~BWMovieland/BWPlaza,Feb05~BW ML/POR,Aug07~CBR,Aug08~Rosen Plaza/Marriott Suites Clearwater, Aug09~OKW,Xmas10~ASMu, Aug11~POR,Aug12~POR, Aug13~DCL Med,Xmas13~ASMu, Aug14~RPR/POR,Feb15~Shingle Creek,Aug15~SSR/DCL Western/BC,May16~DCL Norway, Dec 16~BCV/RPR/SSR, Aug 17~AKL/DCL/POL,Aug 19~POR/DCL/BRV,Jan 20~SSR/Vero/RCL,Mar 22~ESSS/SSR,Aug 22 Road Trip, Nov 23~ESSS/SSR/DCL Wish/GF

Edited at 09:04 AM.
Birtie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 21, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Mobile

Originally Posted by Birtie View Post
How do you amend the name of the lead guest from yours to that of the renter? I can’t see how to do it
I changed it online on the DVC site, through ‘Live Chat’ very easy to do.
BarryandCaron is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 21, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Birtie View Post
Yes you cannot amend the lead name just address online.

Contacting Member Services via live chat is the way, I got caught out with that and did it last week, was done immediately.

You have to sit and watch the screen on a PC as now they seem to have less staff and the live chat bubble icon sometimes only periodically appears, most of the time it seems to say not available. But sit there watching it, I’ve found it does usually pop up in a few minutes.
Old 10 Jan 21, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Birtie
slightly serious Dibber

Thanks, I’ll use live chat
Birtie's Trip ReportsOct95~QIP,Aug97~HJ Universal Tower/Wedding,Aug03~BWMovieland/BWPlaza,Feb05~BW ML/POR,Aug07~CBR,Aug08~Rosen Plaza/Marriott Suites Clearwater, Aug09~OKW,Xmas10~ASMu, Aug11~POR,Aug12~POR, Aug13~DCL Med,Xmas13~ASMu, Aug14~RPR/POR,Feb15~Shingle Creek,Aug15~SSR/DCL Western/BC,May16~DCL Norway, Dec 16~BCV/RPR/SSR, Aug 17~AKL/DCL/POL,Aug 19~POR/DCL/BRV,Jan 20~SSR/Vero/RCL,Mar 22~ESSS/SSR,Aug 22 Road Trip, Nov 23~ESSS/SSR/DCL Wish/GF
Birtie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 21, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
JasonErpelding
Excited about Disney
- DIBB Advertiser -

Originally Posted by Sara_toga View Post
I ended up transferring my points and luckily enough to a family from the Uk.

I might try renting/transferring more as we have no intentions of going next year.
If you have regular points that can be transferred this is the way to go. You can transfer the points and be done with the transaction. You don't have to worry about the renter possibly wanting to change the names on the reservation or try and adjust the check in or check out date. The transfer is super smooth.

Jason Erpelding
Lic. Real Estate Broker
Buy and Sell DVC, Inc.®