Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 18 Dec 20, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
COL41
Imagineer

Originally Posted by captain-codeye View Post
We have booked 7 nights in New York 14th October, with a £350 deposit only I’m willing to risk it.

Really looking forward to it, never been before and only booked it as we were watching home alone 2 and ds said that looks nice there😂

The more I look into it the more I find to do, can’t wait.

When our Florida holiday was cancelled last July, I booked for NYC April 21 with BA holidays. Was such a good price and only the £350 deposit to risk. At the time I was a lot more confident than I am now that we will be going, but don't regret taking a chance
2001 DLP hen weekend, 2006 DLP Sequoia Lodge, 2009 Hotel Cheyenne (my 40th), 2012 WDW Orlando & St Petes Beach, 2015 Miami, Orlando & Clearwater. 2017 Miami and Cape Coral 2019 NYC for BFF 50th, 2020 Orlando (cancelled due to Covid ) 2021 NYC with the family
COL41 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 20, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
enjibenji
Imagineer

enjibenji's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by ClaireNJ View Post
You’re not wrong there 2016 went on Xmas Eve was magical 💕💕 & I’m not a Christmassy person

We were there the same year but flew off to Orlando after a few days, was lovely.
enjibenji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 20, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
WaterWoman
Being a bit Goofy

We’ve booked with BA for October half term - 5 nights, 4* hotel - just over £2k. Kids will be 13&14. £350 deposit paid but I’m hopeful we will get to go. At that price I was willing to take the risk. We’re going to tell them on Christmas Day but they are old enough to understand we’ve taken a flyer and the trip may not happen. Vaccine program in both the UK and US should be well established by them I hope!
WaterWoman is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 20, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by WaterWoman View Post
We’ve booked with BA for October half term - 5 nights, 4* hotel - just over £2k. Kids will be 13&14. £350 deposit paid but I’m hopeful we will get to go. At that price I was willing to take the risk. We’re going to tell them on Christmas Day but they are old enough to understand we’ve taken a flyer and the trip may not happen. Vaccine program in both the UK and US should be well established by them I hope!
Can I just ask what dates do you think Half Term will be as I put in Saturday 23rd October when looking for a price 🤔
ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 20, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
WaterWoman
Being a bit Goofy

Our local authority has already published dates and half term is that week for us (but not always the same across the country).
WaterWoman is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 20, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I’m still hovering over the book button 😬 so badly need something to look forward to especially after today’s tier 4 announcement but I’m just 😬😬 about pressing the book button!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 20, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
captain-codeye
Imagineer

captain-codeye's Reviews
Originally Posted by COL41 View Post
When our Florida holiday was cancelled last July, I booked for NYC April 21 with BA holidays. Was such a good price and only the £350 deposit to risk. At the time I was a lot more confident than I am now that we will be going, but don't regret taking a chance
Fingers crossed your get there!
captain-codeye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 20, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
captain-codeye
Imagineer

captain-codeye's Reviews
Originally Posted by ClaireNJ View Post
Can I just ask what dates do you think Half Term will be as I put in Saturday 23rd October when looking for a price 🤔
We’re in Leicestershire so always a week before others, it does have its benefits re cheaper holidays!
captain-codeye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 20, 12:14 AM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

I’m about to book for June 21 ... so it’s a yes from me
Old 25 Dec 20, 11:27 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
Well in my Christmas day delight, I just booked 4 nights over Thanksgiving weekend, Double Tree by Hilton Times Sq, flights, for 2 adults and 2 teens, £1550... deposit of £350 paid... I'm not telling anyone as the kids have been so disappointed this year with cancelled trips, so incase it doesn't happen, i'm keeping it to myself for now! I'm due to have surgery next year but the way it's going, it will probably be 2022 instead so it was a risk worth taking IMO. Secretly excited but also very aware it may not go ahead!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List