Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 21 Dec 20, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
janeywaney
VIP Dibber

janeywaney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
I have to go and get everything as we were supposed to be in Peterborough at our DS’s and had bought nothing! Tree went up last night and tonight will be a mad dash round Morrison’s or M&S

Jane
August 06 All Star Sports, August 07 All Star Music, OKW August 08 OKW Nov 09 All Star Music Feb 10, OKW Sept 10 OKW Sept 2011 , OKW Nov 2013, Pop Cenury Sept 2014, OKW Sept 2015, OKW Nov 16, OKW Sept 17, OKW Aug 19
janeywaney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 20, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Anyone bought one of these this year? Saw it and thought of the shop on 5th Avenue...
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 20, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Well I've just been notified my Salmon Encroute and Cauliflower cheese is out of stock in Waitrose. DD has offered to make one and youngest DS is not thrilled lol. But a drop in the ocean to how many people feel right now. I don't fancy tackling M&S although I know they did have in in stock in M&S. Although whether they still would with everyone changing plans who knows. I hope everyone manages to have some happiness on the day.
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 20, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Just veggies and a couple of other bits hopefully arriving from Waitrose at 8am tomorrow and I'm all set & getting excited for Christmas Day. Have no need to go anywhere except the village Christmas cards to take round when I walk the dog. Sausages rolls to make on Wednesday.
Think I might put a Christmas jumper on tomorrow :-)
My great nephew will hopefully be safely delivered tomorrow or Wednesday.
Happy Christmas all stay safe.
Old 21 Dec 20, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
MillyMoo
Imagineer

Mobile

I'm going to get up and out early tomorrow to go to m&s for the last bits I want. Everything is wrapped, and if I havent got it now well then nobody is having it!
MillyMoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 20, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
ROBBOTOO
Imagineer

Need to get food and drink.

We were going to spend xmas with our DS, DiL and DGS. 250 miles away. 2 nights. Xmas and Boxing night.

Watching the news and briefings up to Friday, all definitely happening.

So we were giving them money and they were getting the food and drink.

Saturday it’s all now off as we’re Tier 4 now. So as well as giving them money so they’re not out of pocket we now need our xmas food and drink!

Doing a shopping list and DH is planning on going out at crack of dawn Wednesday.

Sadly we have all the prezzies and cards here we were taking up. Including the one present DGS really wanted that has been out of stock everywhere, but I managed to get one Friday, delivered here today, but can’t get it to them now!

Still we’re all safe and well currently, that’s what matters.

This time next week xmas will be over, which we won’t be sorry about personally.
ROBBOTOO is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 20, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Red C
Imagineer

Mobile

Two things crossed off today's list.
✔Collected our boxes of apples for Christmas
✔Dd to Chiropractor at GP surgery
Unexpected bonus was asking when I'd qualify for a flu jab with the ages groups categories, to be told I'm now eligible so booked in tomorrow at 5.30pm! Now added to tomorrow's list 😁
Mrs Red C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 20, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyNikki
slightly serious Dibber

I still need to do my big food shop. By all accounts the supermarkets have gone nuts.
DisneyNikki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 20, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

Just been M&s on my booked slot, got in straight away but was shocked how ravished it was. Lots of gaps and stuff missing. Was v busy. Was also annoyed at all the groups too when i thought it was shop alone. But that is us done. If we have forgotten anything will do without it!

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 20, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
ROBBOTOO
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyNikki View Post
I still need to do my big food shop. By all accounts the supermarkets have gone nuts.
Don’t know where you are but I know ours will be nuts too as having been told Sat our xmas plans (still on on Friday) are now off (Tier 4).

We have no option now but to get to a supermarket, as the food we were having which was being collected by our DS as we were staying with him is now 250 miles away!

They have too much, we have none.
ROBBOTOO is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List