Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 10 Jan 21, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
parkgirl
VIP Dibber

parkgirl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 14
I watched it on the plane to mco in 2019. I was a wreck! I always seem to watch real tearjerkers on a flight - it embarrassing how much I cry!
CSR October 2011, POFQ May 2012, POP July 2012, SSR April 2013, OKW Oct 2014, OKW July 2016, All Stars Music April 2017, OKW/BLT July 2018, All Stars Sports Oct 2019, Riviera May 2022, GFR/AKL Oct 2022, Disney 5K Riviera/copper creek 2024, SSR Aug 2024
parkgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 21, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Posiesmum
VIP Dibber

Posiesmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
Hey up Robin's bint must be very unromantic as we both decided to bin the movie about 20 mins in... I'm also a bah humbug'er too

I do like a good thriller/detective movie tho. Up late t'other night typing an email when The Limehouse Golem came on. Something caught my eye with the film, 30 mins later I realised my puter was asleep and I was well into it and, even tho I guessed the twist, watched to the end.

Stay well MM, take good care
The books it’s based on, Dan Leno and the Limehouse Golem is brilliant too.

Not keen on remakes of A Star is Born - the Judy Garland/James Mason version is my favourite.

Villefranche-sur-Mer/Monaco - June and July 2024
Orlando for Thanksgiving - November/December 2024
Belfast/Dublin/Vancouver - June 2025
Posiesmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 21, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
florida addict
Imagineer

florida addict's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Watched it going to Orlando in 2019 too. Would watch it again , I love the music
Old 10 Jan 21, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Wonderful movie, sobbed like a baby. But then I sobbed like a baby last night watching Saving Mr Banks (again) so it doesn’t take much. I quite like a good cry
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 21, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
MillyMoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by JoJo88 View Post
Wonderful movie, sobbed like a baby. But then I sobbed like a baby last night watching Saving Mr Banks (again) so it doesn’t take much. I quite like a good cry
Saving Mr Banks is one of my absolute favourites!
MillyMoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 21, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
I would say perhaps it's generational (GillH being an exception) and Barbara Streisand made some brilliant films around that time.
LOL - I am old but not that old! Never got into the Barbra one, my fave of hers is Hello Dolly.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 21, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
LOL - I am old but not that old! Never got into the Barbra one, my fave of hers is Hello Dolly.
I did say you are the exception. I am older than you but less musical. I think Kris Kristofferson may have influenced me a bit too. 🤭
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 21, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
katebush95
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
I've never seen the Judy Garland version but one of my favourite films ever is the Streisand/Kristofferson version so I didn't want to see the new one. Finally submitted on the plane and it was better than I expected. I would say perhaps it's generational (GillH being an exception) and Barbara Streisand made some brilliant films around that time.
I don’t know about it being generational 😆 as I was nowhere near born when the Judy Garland one was made, but I still think it’s the best version, and I’ve seen them all 😉

Glenbrook Villa April 2009
Highgrove Villa July 2011
New York New York April 2017

Back to the magic take two! November 2022 Pre-Trip report
katebush95 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List