Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 16 Jan 21, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
JackyH
Imagineer

JackyH's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile Ninja Foodie 8 in 1

Hi Everyone. I’ve just bought one of these. Thanks QVC! I’m going to try some tray bakes and wonder if anyone can recommend seasoning for the meat fish etc. Is there one fits all or are they specific to the type of food. As you can tell I’m a novice!

Any advice gratefully received 😀
Old 22 Jan 21, 02:34 AM  
Link to this Post
willow
Imagineer

Same here, all we have tried so far is roast potatoes, slow cooker curry, toast and chips. Not got around to trying anything else

Indian Creek 2004,Radison 2005
Indian Creek 2007,Calabry Park 2009
Lake Wilson Preserve 2011,2013, 2015,2016,2017,2018, 2019,2020
willow is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 21, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Anne
VIP Dibber

Just wondered how you were getting on.

I've just done some ham in mine again. Soaked it in cider for 24 hours before pressure cooking and then airfrying with marmalade on the top.

I've only had the oven or hob on a few times since I bought mine.
Anne is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 21, 11:53 PM  
Link to this Post
willow
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Anne View Post
Just wondered how you were getting on.

I've just done some ham in mine again. Soaked it in cider for 24 hours before pressure cooking and then airfrying with marmalade on the top.

I've only had the oven or hob on a few times since I bought mine.
Still not got around to trying it out much, to be honest. The ham sounds lovely, what did it turn out like? Think we might try baked potatoes this weekend. Any recipes that you can recommend?

Indian Creek 2004,Radison 2005
Indian Creek 2007,Calabry Park 2009
Lake Wilson Preserve 2011,2013, 2015,2016,2017,2018, 2019,2020
willow is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 21, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Anne
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by willow View Post
Still not got around to trying it out much, to be honest. The ham sounds lovely, what did it turn out like? Think we might try baked potatoes this weekend. Any recipes that you can recommend?
The ham was lovely. Second time I've used cider.

I've just used it as I would the oven or hob but reduced temperatures. Cottage pie is good in it and only one poan to wash

The Salted Pepper on you tube is worth watching. I've done her all in one spaghetti bolognaise. There are also a couple of UK face book groups.
Anne is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 21, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Anne
VIP Dibber

How are you getting on?

I did chilli and jackets in it last night.

Cooked the chilli, popped the rack into the pan, potatoes in a foil tray on the rack and then used the oven function. This machine is so easy to use.
Old 20 Feb 21, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Just got one of these. First used it as air fryer last night. Fab results - but found it awkward with the oven gloves to get the crisping basket out to serve the chips 🤦

Am I missing a trick on how to easily get the hot basket out?

Edited to say - anyone use the silicon half oven mitts ? Any good?

Edited at 11:06 AM.
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 21, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Anne
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
Just got one of these. First used it as air fryer last night. Fab results - but found it awkward with the oven gloves to get the crisping basket out to serve the chips 🤦

Am I missing a trick on how to easily get the hot basket out?

Edited to say - anyone use the silicon half oven mitts ? Any good?
Silicone mitts - I've found them rubbish. Tried a pair in a shop and they were very thick and bulky. Have seen that fire proof gloves can be better.

You can use the rack to pull out the crisping basket I believe. I have the mini so it's not got the basket. I just use oven gloves to get the pot out and also the rack.

Edited at 11:17 AM.
Old 21 Feb 21, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by Anne View Post
Silicone mitts - I've found them rubbish. Tried a pair in a shop and they were very thick and bulky. Have seen that fire proof gloves can be better.

You can use the rack to pull out the crisping basket I believe. I have the mini so it's not got the basket. I just use oven gloves to get the pot out and also the rack.
Thank you.
I’ve tried the rack trick and it didn’t work for me. I looked at a few reviews and it does seem a bit of a design flaw .. I am looking at those fireproof style gloves
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 21, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
JackyH
Imagineer

JackyH's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Hi. Am slowly getting used to mine. Use it a lot for toast and bagels 😀. Have cooked chicken and bacon and sausage. Air fried chips. All taste good. I love the fact you can flip the unit so it’s quite compact.