Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 Jan 21, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
I would confront them (both)( and ask if they know who is doing this (anti-social ) behaviour and explain why it is not acceptable to you. Quite frankly he sounds like he is not the full shilling but I have no qualms about speaking to people whose behaviour is having a negative impact on the quiet enjoyment of my property or life. If it doesn’t improve after doing that I would be instructing my lawyer to write to him spelling out that what’s and whys etc
We have a communal park at the front, in summer he threw a load of cooked meat, lamb in there... a couple of dog owners put a sign up saying please don’t do this, his wife said he meant no harm and
it was for the “birds”

The recent thing was more sinister IMO.

Edited at 05:30 PM.
scottishmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 21, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Wazza
Imagineer

Originally Posted by scottishmum View Post
Wow , seriously 😒 must say we have been lucky till now...
In the summer we were getting a new fence, he said to me “you spending money again “. His wife replied “ hey you what else do folk have to spend money on right now”.
That’s just the half of it. She’s lives in a block of 4 houses that have a shared parking area. Last summer she paid for someone to mark designated spaces with house numbers. When the council told her to remove them she was a bit miffed

The summer before we had to call the police as she was banging on her neighbours door in a drunken rage, shouting vile insults including the lovely “I know you’ve got cancer and I hope it kills you”

She also regularly flicks the V sign to my 12 year old DD

She’s managed to have at least one argument with everyone who lives within a few doors of her
Wazza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 21, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

We have a communal park at the front, in summer he threw a load of cooked meat, lamb in there... a couple of dog owners put a sign up saying please don’t do this, his wife said he meant no harm and
it was for the “birds”

The recent thing was more sinister IMO.
I get the feeding of the birds - I put loads out for them but in my own garden, if I didnt have a garden then maybe I would do the same in a communal one (depending on the freehold rules of course ) but the glass and rat traps are sinister but I would chick them in the bin and speak direct to him . Give him a chance to mend his ways as he may not realise (or ask his wife to have a word) - either way it is causing you stress and that needs addressing . I would let feeding the birds go and address the others issues - a bite piece at a time is easy to deal with
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 21, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
I get the feeding of the birds - I put loads out for them but in my own garden, if I didnt have a garden then maybe I would do the same in a communal one (depending on the freehold rules of course ) but the glass and rat traps are sinister but I would chick them in the bin and speak direct to him . Give him a chance to mend his ways as he may not realise (or ask his wife to have a word) - either way it is causing you stress and that needs addressing . I would let feeding the birds go and address the others issues - a bite piece at a time is easy to deal with
Thank you yes you are right, I had forgotten about the summer issue.
We too feed the birds , love to watch them in the garden .

Old 18 Jan 21, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

If they have put broken glass on anything connecting to public land below a height of 2.4 metres they are on dodgy ground.

If they have put it on the ground in a public space I would just report it to the local council for them to deal with.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 21, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by 400ixl View Post
If they have put broken glass on anything connecting to public land below a height of 2.4 metres they are on dodgy ground.

If they have put it on the ground in a public space I would just report it to the local council for them to deal with.
Yes this was on the ground, couldn’t bear to think of a little cat or a bird, most likely a cat cutting its paw or nose on it

Or my dog if he was mooching in the area. Which he doesn’t do unless it’s for 10 seconds while I put something in my bin before our walk.
Old 18 Jan 21, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Thank you yes you are right, I had forgotten about the summer issue.
We too feed the birds , love to watch them in the garden .

What a lovely little garden you have - looks so peaceful too. Try not to let his antisocial behaviour spoil what you have x
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 21, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
catherinesian
Imagineer

I would report re the broken glass. I am not sure on the legalities of a rat trap so would leave that but ensure your dog is on a lead whilst in the parking area to keep him safe.

Be careful about confrontation / solicitor letters as if you ever want to sell your house you might have to declare it as a dispute with neighbour which will no doubt put buyers off.

Next trip to WDW Sept 2024 for our Wedding
catherinesian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 21, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Yes this was on the ground, couldn’t bear to think of a little cat or a bird, most likely a cat cutting its paw or nose on it

Or my dog if he was mooching in the area. Which he doesn’t do unless it’s for 10 seconds while I put something in my bin before our walk.
Putting broken glass down is totally not acceptable . God help him if child crawled over it or you tripped emptying your boot and hurt yourself - he could end up in court and fined or worse.
Old 18 Jan 21, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Looks like the use of traps is also illegal gov.uk/pest-control-on-your-property.

Get the authorities involved, don't do anything to confront them directly.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List