Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 Jan 21, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Anne K
Imagineer

Anne K's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

As a dog owner I would also be concerned about the grape. I know it seems trivial, but grapes are toxic to dogs, even one can cause great harm
Anne K is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 21, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Anne K View Post
As a dog owner I would also be concerned about the grape. I know it seems trivial, but grapes are toxic to dogs, even one can cause great harm
I was going to post the same. Grapes are very toxic to dogs so he knows exactly what he is doing the evil man. I would casually mention to his wife that you are just giving her the heads up that there has been a few incidents and you have reported to the police and now have a camera up to catch whoever may be doing it. Hopefully she will tell her husband and it will put the fear of god in him for doing anything else. People who would deliberately harm animals are the lowest of the low in my book.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 21, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

If he flings cooked meat out onto the garden, no wonder he fears rats ! I only put out stuff birds will eat quickly - crusts, bacon rind etc and always onto a bird table. If birds want big lumps of meat they will find some roadkill (serious point).

Rat traps and broken glass in a public area where humans, dogs & cats might tread on them is a complete no no.

I would have put the trap in his bin.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 21, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinks2014
Imagineer

Disgraceful behaviour. He could be mentally ill though and being diplomatic would probably be a better approach. If you speak to the wife in a pleasant manner about your concerns . What if you had a young child with you and had got out of the car and we know it takes a split second for them to touch something . If not I’d stick that trap where it would really hurt ..

Edited at 04:21 PM.
Tinks2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 21, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

Don’t get the grape ? Maybe someone just dropped it.

Hope you sort the issue.
JessBlu is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 21, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

123's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by scottishmum View Post
Bear with me please it’s a long one. We have a garden
My neighbours next door live in a upstairs apartment with no garden.
There are four of us share the car park out the back , one space for each of us.
He’s been acting bizarre , he’s not the nicest of men but we get on , his wife is lovely I’ve known her for years before him as she worked in local shop. We all have lived here 15 years.

Behind our car park spaces we have a tiny strip of soil, weed, whatever .it’s the length of the space ie just over a cars width and about 6 inches deep.

Local Cats sometimes do the odd bit of business there , also in our garden , but that’s just life , we have a dog who occasionally while I’m putting stuff in our bin (all four neighbours keep bins at side of their fences in car park)

He has no garden I get that but that little six inch strip he’s became obsessed with even putting a little plant there .
He started putting orange peel down a year or so to prevent cats I presume, in the tiny area behind his space
In the summer he put broken glass there

Today I was taking the dog out and at my bin beside my space and noticed something in the white stones behind our space , I kicked at it, it was a rat trap as far as I could see it wasn’t set , I was mad at the time so I put it next to his dustbin.

Later I heard them go to their car and heard him say who put that there, his wife’ replied not me, def not me. Referring to the trap I had put near his bin. They never queried it like it was a a surprise to what it was. They - he knew what it was.

It wasn’t set , it was behind our space, why was it there.

Last week there was a single grape in out car park space,.
Why would someone try to harm any animal welcome or unwelcome .

I remember when we got our dog almost 9 years ago, he went to pet him, put his hand behind my dogs ear and my puppy squealed. Every time the dog sees him he barks or runs in the house.
Anyway I feel now I should have approached him or his wife.
Any ideas, why would someone put a huge rat trap out but not set it, which would be worse , evil in my opinion.

Photo shows the area x
I get all the other things, but I can't see the issue with the grape. Was it just a grape or does it carry some other meaning?
123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 21, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by marypoppins38 View Post
I was going to post the same. Grapes are very toxic to dogs so he knows exactly what he is doing the evil man. I would casually mention to his wife that you are just giving her the heads up that there has been a few incidents and you have reported to the police and now have a camera up to catch whoever may be doing it. Hopefully she will tell her husband and it will put the fear of god in him for doing anything else. People who would deliberately harm animals are the lowest of the low in my book.
I totally agree with this.
I would definitely speak to his wife and say that you have noticed some strange and dangerous things appearing on the parking space, broken glass, grape, rat trap. Say you are very concerned as you have a dog and also concerned about the wild life so you are going to report it to the council environmental health department and also considering putting up a camera. I would even ask if she had noticed anything and gage her reaction.
You mentioned there are 4 car spaces, I would also peak to the people who own the other spaces too just in case its not him.
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 21, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
sparklegirl
VIP Dibber

I might be missing something but how do you know that he put broken glass down? Also how do you know it was his trap for definite, I am also wondering if the grape could have rolled out a bag that someone was lifting from a car to bring shopping in. I get that you are annoyed at all of these but together it just doesnt add up to me, why would he put a trap down and not set it, why would he put one grape down and not two or three if harm was his intent. Am just a wee bit confused to be honest but I might have picked it up wrong.
sparklegirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 21, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 123 View Post
I get all the other things, but I can't see the issue with the grape. Was it just a grape or does it carry some other meaning?
The way I see it, and I think Scottishmum is the same, is that he knows she takes her dog out there with her and that grapes are very toxic to dogs. He may have put the grape there knowing that it could cause the dog harm.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 21, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
sparklegirl
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by marypoppins38 View Post
The way I see it, and I think Scottishmum is the same, is that he knows she takes her dog out there with her and that grapes are very toxic to dogs. He may have put the grape there knowing that it could cause the dog harm.

I get that but Scottishmum said its only occasionally that her little dog goes out with her if she is putting things in the bin so in my eyes its a bit of a stretch that he has deliberately set down one grape in the middle of a parking space (that may be covered by a car when anyone goes out) to deliberately harm the pup. I may be wrong but out of everything that one is a reach. The pup has lived there for 9 years so why do something now? Perhaps he is just very odd entirely but to be fair I would be inclined to ask him about the trap and glass.
sparklegirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List