Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 21 Jan 21, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lme30005 View Post
Both villas were 5+ beds so could have encouraged larger groups and younger people who like to party! We have 4 children and stayed with grandparents which is why we needed a bigger villa. We did consider calling the sheriff but you don't know how people are going to react and didn't want any trouble.

They are normally polite and respectful when an armed sheriff knocks on the door and modify their behaviour. I wouldn't think twice about doing it.
Old 21 Jan 21, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
quartergill
VIP Dibber

Funnily enough (or not) the only experience we had with noisy neighbours was at Emerald Isle. I still wince at "Marco... Polo".
quartergill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 21, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Being prepared to call the police on holiday due to a few rowdy teens is not a great thought. Rather stay some where else!

Whilst we were sunbathing round the villa pool about 3 years a go, we were suddenly shocked to see police at next doors villa pool entrance. Not sure why they turned up but it was certainly a surprise for us to see such heavily armed police whilst we were in swimwear
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 21, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Planning
Imagineer

What a shame it’s spoilt your villa experience . We have stayed in a few communities and luckily never had a problem. Windsor Hills has a quiet time as, and as far as I remember it’s normally detailed in the information folder. I normally find you get more noise in hotel rooms!
Disney Planning is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 21, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
captain-codeye
Imagineer

captain-codeye's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I also think you have been very unlucky, we have had many stays over new year and aside from a few fireworks we haven’t heard anything even on a night you would expect it to be noisy.
captain-codeye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 21, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Evil queen
Imagineer

I think you’ve been unlucky too. We’ve stayed in a variety of villas veer the years and only had problems once- on our second visit funnily enough at Emerald island.
Evil queen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 21, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
lme30005
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks all, gives me a bit more confidence to book a villa again. Will have to choose carefully and find one that is spaced out a bit

Marco Polo gives me nightmares too, I still don't understand it, all the shouting!
lme30005 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 21, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

We always stay in villas and haven’t had any noisy neighbours at all. We did get woken one night at about 2 am by gunshots, our villa was at the edge of the community and backed on to a side road that also went to another development of posh trailer houses. We could see at least 6 police cars with lights flashing out in the side road. We asked at our security gate the next day and we’re told it was a domestic disturbance in the trailers. Quite unnerving at the time, but we laugh about it now.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 21, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
jojos
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
Our community has a strict 10pm noise curfew
You can still sit on the deck or swim but quietly but we are mixed residential and Short term rental and only one 6 bed villa that’s lived in full time
Most of the time we are the only ones outside on the deck
We stayed at Gryff’s villa in 2018 and it was really quiet. No noise issues at all. The other places we have stayed along the US27 have never given us noise problems either.
jojos is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 21, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
BnDamo
Imagineer

BnDamo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 12
Seems like emerald island is getting a bad rap. here. Having owned on ei for 15 years and visiting over 50times the noise issue hasn't really been a problem. It happened just once with some late arriving Yanks who jumped in the pool very late but a quick shout of be quiet and it was done. A call to the Sheriff is the way to go as they do take it seriously.
BnDamo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List