Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 20 Jan 21, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Rafael2020
New Poster (5)

Staying off site - overwhelmed

I am thinking of staying off site in Easter 2022. I am overwhelmed by the choice and i am a first timer so hoping i get it right.
I would love it if you could recommend somewhere that is clean, has a lovely pool for the children and is handy for Disney and Universal and is near restaurants etc (Not asking for much I know )
Thank you in advance as I really want my family to have a great tine and not be disappointed by my choice. xx
Rafael2020 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 21, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
sunseeker
Imagineer

difficult one to advise, it depends on your budget. A car IMHO is essential and opens up a wider range of properties to you, making the parks and restaurants far more accessible wherever you stay. Then it's down to budget on type and quality of accommodation whether that's villa, condo or hotel. There is a good map to give you some idea of the area and locations in the villas section above.

Dave
sunseeker is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 21, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
jojo_3596
Imagineer

Depends whether you are after a villa/ condo/ resort? For our first trip with the kids we stayed at Bahama Bay. 2/3 bed condo resort within 20-30 mins Disney/ universal. Other dibbers will be along soon with other recommendations I’m sure! The Grove is another condo resort but a more upscale/ expensive version than Bahama Bay- looks very nice though so all depends on budget and what kind of accom you are after😀
Endless Summer 2023
jojo_3596 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 21, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

As with others, we need budget.

As with others, I would agree re a car.

Few hotels have great or even decent pools, given that most people have tickets that include water parks throughout their stay. No hotel pool will compare in any way with Typhoon Lagoon, Blizzard Beach, Aquatica or Volcano Bay, so why try?
Parking at the Disney water parks is still free?
Parking at Aquatica is free if you buy a Discovery Cove Ultimate.
Parking costs, I believe at Volcano Bay.
One or more of these parks will be close to whichever accommodation you might choose and thus a very simple option instead of any hotel pool.

With what you have stated (and a decent pool with a pirate ship in it), you wouldn’t go far wrong with Lake Buenavista Village Resort and Spa in a three bedroom apartment.
Really good customer service.
Very clean and well equipped throughout.
Not in an overdeveloped area and has quiet roads around.
Near to Disney and the Seaworld Parks.
Not far to the Brits standard restaurant haunts, Longhorn, Bahama Breeze, TGI , Golden Coral etc.
Next to a shopping mall
Close to a Walmart
Has covered parking
Very roomy
Pool is decent and has a slide.. with a nice bar overlooking it. Also has a lifeguard.
If in block 5, some rooms have a distant view of the Disney fireworks from the balcony.

It even operates courtesy buses in the event that there is a day when you might not want to drive.

Edited at 01:34 PM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 21, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Welcome to the DIBB - hope you find us to be a very helpful bunch.

We're not typical Florida visitors now as we're 74/75 and haven't visited a theme park since 2010 but you seem very specific in your thread title - Staying off site. Does that mean you've already researched and ruled out Disney and Universal hotels?

Nothing wrong with that as after 37 visits we've not spent a single night in one of those hotels. We only stay in a villa now but can also recommend Bahama Bay. We've stayed there half a dozen times in the past and there's at least four different pool areas from memory. Two and three bed condos I recall. A lot of people say that you can happily use Uber but that's something else I've never done as we've hired a car every time.

I know nothing about WDW hotels, current theme park stuff but happy to help on car hire and driving.

Good luck

Mick
Old 20 Jan 21, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Rafael2020
New Poster (5)

Looking to spend about £2K on accommodation roughly
Rafael2020 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 21, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
You're not alone in wanting to find out more about staying offsite!

I was chatting about this last night as we recorded the next episode of our Great British Mickey Waffle podcast. We've been doing a series on the various forms of accommodation available in Orlando. The next episode will be available on 1 February and will be looking at offsite accommodation. I certainly learned a lot, so do give it a listen!

Here are our links to the several ways that you can listen to our podcast:

Apple Podcasts / iTunes
Anchor
Podbean
Spotify
Stitcher
Castbox
Overcast
Google podcasts
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 21, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Pixiebelle
VIP Dibber

Have you put a request in the villa section. We are a friendly bunch of owners who are more than happy to answer any questions. I personally have owned for 16 years so have a lot of advice that I have built up over the years and provide to my guests to ensure that they get the best experience.

Luxury 4 bedroom 2 bathroom pool home with Gamesroom. Free wi-fi, cable TV in all rooms, covered lanai - 8 miles from Disney.

60inch TV in Living Room
Xbox One with 37inch TV and games
40inch TV's in bedrooms
Refurbished pool with colour changing lights and a friendly dolphin to swim with.

Guest Reviews: http://www.mydisneyfloridavilla.co.uk/3127/3257.html

Pixiebelle is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 21, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
BahamaBayLisa
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 10
Whilst I'm obviously biased this is another shout out for Bahama Bay.

You have the luxury of a self catering condo with the benefit of space with 2/3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, lounge/kitchen (so you can make drinks/snacks) - but the convenience of being on a resort with a restaurant and bar/takeaway service if you don't want to go offsite. You are also only a few minutes drive from a wide range of restaurants.

The resort is set on over 72 acres of land, with 4 pools, 6 hot tubs, beach area, kiddies play area, nature walks, lakeside dock - so it's a lovely oasis away from the madness of the parks.

The Resort is only about 10-15 mins from Disney (using the shortcuts) and an easy 30-35 min drive up to Universal. You would need a car, but driving is really easy in Florida

Hope this helps, feel free to PM me if you need any more info.

** DIBB advert ** Personal website **
Discounted Rates for DIBBers - please just ask!
BahamaBayLisa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 21, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

Thanks for giving the budget. Can you also give the size of your group. How many bedrooms you want. If you are renting a car, how far you are willing to commute to the parks. Gated community or not. Resort or private villa. How many days you are going for.