Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 21 Jan 21, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

My Jobs List

When the 3rd lockdown was announced, I vowed to make the most of being stuck at home. I wrote a Job List of things big and small that I’ve neglected for a year or so !

I’m doing well at ticking them off, plus adding more.

Last night I did a Light Bulb Audit ! 😱😹😹😹

I went through the box of lightbulbs making a list of how many and what type.

Then I made a list of lamps & light fittings and what type of bulb they need.

I need to buy a couple of bulbs to complete my stash.

Another item ticked !

Today’s jobs include going through my make up stash and throwing out items past their use-by dates, stuff I don’t like and anything lurking at the bottom of my make up bag that’s half used but covered in fluff etc.

Then it will be time to wash and re-fill various “manky” bird feeders that are covered in bird poop, dried on bits of suet balls and contain mouldy peanuts.

A very productive Lockdown !

Edited at 08:21 AM.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 21, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Linda. Great to be organised, well done. I used to chuckle at my Wife and her lists. Then I became a convert.

We have actually run out of stuff to do sadly. However give it 5 or 6 weeks and the Spring clean starts so that will be on the list.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 21, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I cleared out the bathroom cupboard and found all the little minatutes I always buy before holidays. I think the problem is you "have" to buy 5 and I never actually need all of them so I have put the rest in the cupboard for next time. Then I buy them again.
I really need to sort out the plastic pot cupboard but that will involve sitting on the kitchen floor as I an unable to kneel now for any length of time.
There's also a lot of paperwork to file now Dave has finished our tax returns. And there are still a million photos that need sorting out. I suspect there will be some garden sorting today as well going by the noise last night when the storm hit!
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 21, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Love a list today’s starts with clean out the junk sorry man drawer again
Then go through gds wardrobes and see what he’s grown out of local women and children are desperate for kids clothes etc
And being optimistic renew my ESTA and put the bits I’ve been buying for the villa in the suitcase
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 21, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

I prefer the management by post it method. First write the job on a "post it", next stick post it on the wall. When post it falls off commence job.
Old 21 Jan 21, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

Thats a brilliant idea. I was quite productive in lockdown 1, lockdown 2 I was getting ready for our lovely 5 day Christmas with 2 households. This time I feel I have done nothing really productive. Think I will pinch this idea. Has anyone got suggestions for what I can put on my list?
sam7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 21, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sam7 View Post
Thats a brilliant idea. I was quite productive in lockdown 1, lockdown 2 I was getting ready for our lovely 5 day Christmas with 2 households. This time I feel I have done nothing really productive. Think I will pinch this idea. Has anyone got suggestions for what I can put on my list?
Other jobs on my list include :

-Sort out the cupboard under the sink

-go through first aid drawer and bin any cough syrups, antacids etc that are past their use-by dates

-get all till receipts together (in various bags, purses, pockets & drawers) sort by date and shred the oldest. Set up folder to hold all new ones.

-choose photos (already sorted in first lockdown) to get printed for frames & album

-Battery box audit : what do I need for smoke alarm, door bell, emergency torches etc. Buy spares and any that I don’t have.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 21, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Talking of To Do lists, this is one of my favourites. 🥰
Old 21 Jan 21, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

I love things to do lists. We moved house 18 months ago and lots of stuff got cleared and sorted at that point.

My tax return is done and tax paid so that's a tick
My husband audited the light bulbs and changed everything to low power ones.
I have done a paperwork cull in the office
We have got all but one house jobs done and that is being done next week.
I have cleared out everything out of date, make up, medication etc
Freezers are sorted
Garden needs a January sort but too wet at the moment
Got to make a dinosaur costume each for hubby and me for grandsons zoom birthday party at end of January. BA freebie PJs with felt spikes and tails so we can dance on zoom in our outfits!
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 21, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
janeywaney
VIP Dibber

janeywaney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
We had new windows fitted in November and are slowly decorating each room. As each room gets decorated and things put back in place we are decluttering in a big way!
We have come across loads of old photos and items that bring up loads of memories so have been able to have a laugh or a cry when we come across things 😊

Almost finished the dining room tackling the kitchen next, so a big cull in that room!

Jane
August 06 All Star Sports, August 07 All Star Music, OKW August 08 OKW Nov 09 All Star Music Feb 10, OKW Sept 10 OKW Sept 2011 , OKW Nov 2013, Pop Cenury Sept 2014, OKW Sept 2015, OKW Nov 16, OKW Sept 17, OKW Aug 19
janeywaney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List