Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 3 Aug 20, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
FloridaNuts93
Imagineer

BA seat refund

We had our September flights cancelled last week and the deposit refunded in three days. Anyone know if the money for seats is refunded automatically, or do we have to contact them for that? Thanks.

SEE OUR VILLA AT:www.ospreyhouseorlando.com. Luxury five bed/four bath villa with extra large (40 ft) pool overlooking conservation area. Also includes games room.

License number: DWE 4514584
FloridaNuts93 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 20, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

Hi I rang just to be sure and it came back a couple of days later. The lady I spoke to looked and processed the payment and didn't say it would have been done automatically but I think people's experiences have varied.

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 20, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
SloanRangers
Excited about Disney

SloanRangers's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 8
I got mine sorted while I was on the phone to BA arranging the flight refund. The lady I spoke to said the flight refund has to be sent to a different team to process but she could deal with the seat allocation refund herself.
We paid for the seat selection with Avios plus cash and the Avios were back on our Exec Club account within minutes of putting down the phone 🙂

Edited at 11:53 AM.
SloanRangers is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 20, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaNuts93
Imagineer

Thank you both. Our flights were cancelled and refunded- we didn’t have to contact them. I’ll give it a few days then contact them about it.

SEE OUR VILLA AT:www.ospreyhouseorlando.com. Luxury five bed/four bath villa with extra large (40 ft) pool overlooking conservation area. Also includes games room.

FloridaNuts93 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 20, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Melldn
New Poster (2)

Mobile

My holiday for September was cancelled and money was paid back automatically within 7 days of cancellation, for seat refund I'm still waiting, I filled a form in on the BA website which says it could take up to 28 days.
Melldn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 20, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaNuts93
Imagineer

Thank you. I’ve looked on the website and can’t see anything about seats - where did you find the form please?

Edited at 01:04 PM.
Old 3 Aug 20, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Melldn
New Poster (2)

Mobile

I typed in on Google ba seat refunds, hope this helps.
Melldn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 20, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaNuts93
Imagineer

Thank you. I managed to find a form on the website - so just a case of waiting now I guess!

Old 3 Aug 20, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

I filled out the online form for my seat refunds it took about two months for it to show on my AMEX
Orlandoguy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 20, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Homer Simpson
A Guest at All-Stars

I put in my seat refund request online on 15th June and only got a response yesterday. They're obviously innudated at the minute but at least I'll get my money back
Homer Simpson is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List