Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 17 Jun 20, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
We've stayed at HRH but our last 2 visits we stayed at Royal Pacific. Same perks but far cheaper. We prefered it as well.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 20, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Cammywatson033
Helping Minnie

Mobile

We’re wanting to stay at one of the premium Universal hotels for a night next summer to take advantage of the queue skips for 2 days. The price is crazy but we’ve been saving up our Clubcard vouchers and will book a stay through hotels.com. Should soften the blow a little 😂
Cammywatson033 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 20, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
GoldenAvalanche
Imagineer

Prices do fluctuate, prices were higher when I was looking about 12 months in advance, but about 6-9 months they dropped. It's cheaper mid week too.
GoldenAvalanche is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 20, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by rayraygreen View Post
We had booked a night at Hard Rock for our September holiday and it was £250. Asked about changing it to our new dates in February and it was £432! So we’ve just changed to Royal Pacific which is more reasonable. Seems mad that a hotel in peak Horror Nights season is less than March but I guess they must be busier with people rebooking from this year maybe?
Mardi Gras is in February and it's a huge thing at Universal.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 20, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
rayraygreen
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
Mardi Gras is in February and it's a huge thing at Universal.
I've been to Mardi Gras and HHN and found HHN was definitely busier but maybe people have held off booking for HHN because of the virus and have opted for Mardi Gras instead.
Hollywood Studios CM - 2013
Epcot UK Pavilion CM - 2017-2018
rayraygreen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 20, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by rayraygreen View Post
I've been to Mardi Gras and HHN and found HHN was definitely busier but maybe people have held off booking for HHN because of the virus and have opted for Mardi Gras instead.
Universal hotels have different seasonal rates. I've just had a look at them and February comes under Peak Season and October comes under Regular Season.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 20, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Florida virgin
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MFras23 View Post
We are looking to book Portofino for next August. Prices are sky high too! They usually are at this time, although it doesn’t stop me looking. It’s around November/Black Friday when you see the prices reduce and stay reduced. Universal doesn’t typically offer discounted rates until closer to the time of your stay.
Thanks for the tip - was just about to book the Royal one - but I'll hang on until Black Friday and see if it drops
Old 17 Jun 20, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
derenstar
Apprentice Imagineer

Prices seem to fall a fair bit in that last week of August/first week of September. We are currently booked to stay 3 nights/4 days from 31 Aug-3 Sept next year and it came to £774 so £258 per night. This was just for a standard room and I booked it in Jan this year with ATD. Last year around the same time, we paid £285 per night for Club level at Portofino Bay.

No idea whether we will be going next year though as we don’t know what will happen with our Disney portion of the trip which was meant to be 11 days prior. With the way things are heading with WDW, we’re seriously considering forgoing Florida in favour of Japan as it would be a dream come true for DH (and I would still be able to get a Disney fix!)
derenstar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 20, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Niki Mouse
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Booked 4 nights in a club level room for next aug, £1390. Travel republic with a £15 deposit.
Niki Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 20, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Floridarules View Post
The most basic annual pass at Universal does has blockout dates during August (although these have been lifted for this year) They might not be lifted for next year
Oh, I was going to purchase the basic passes for us for next year as travelling 16th August 2021, the only blackout dates I could see this year was July and volcano bay after 16th August you could enter? Is that correct or have I missed some? Thanks.
mrsbenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List