Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 1 Aug 20, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparky
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile Credit Card Refund - Virgin Atlantic

Just wanted to share my experience. My Virgin flight was cancelled and I was told of the 120 day wait to get my money. I spoke to American Express and disputed the charge, they have sorted it all for me. I had the money credited back onto my card within 10 days... I guess they will now chase Virgin for it.

Disneyworld - Florida, 81,93,06,07,14,16,18,22,23,24
Disneyland - California, 89
Disneyland - Paris, 02,04,05,07,12
Sparky is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 20, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Mobile

Many should be doing this a Virgin are not disputing and charge backs.

Glad it was as straight forward as it should be.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 20, 07:36 AM  
Link to this Post
JaneB
Getting Excited

Exactly same situation for us when we were cancelled back in May . Amex sorted within a couple of days .
JaneB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 20, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I’ll be getting an AMEX card next time we book. Post Office credit card has been awful to deal with during the chargeback process.
Leia77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 20, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
g1970
Imagineer

g1970's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Just submitted a claim via my Halifax Clarity. Fingers crossed. I don't mind waiting for a refund but 3 months is taking the biscuit!
g1970 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 20, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
wpalmer
VIP Dibber

Have done this on my Amex for both VA and Aer Lingus. Both were credited back within a couple of days. VA paid back right on 120 day mark. Amex just took it from my account. Still waiting for AL to credit. Well worth having an Amex for this. About to do a chargeback for October too.
wpalmer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 20, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

I agree - AmEx have been great on this. I did it on line - took under a minute. Had the money back in 2 days.
And the extra bonus is AmEx only give vendors 20 days to dispute the chargeback rather than. the more usual 45 days.
tspill is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 20, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
fiffio
Imagineer

Mobile

Got a chargeback from post office credit card a month or so ago.

Should I just not bother to contact virgin again? Last they told me was they were still processing the refund.

Will virgin process the refund to post office card then post office take the money back from there?
fiffio is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 20, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDose
Serious Dibber

Yeah same here. Waited 8 weeks for Virgin to refund and then asked American Express to chargeback. They asked for flight and cancellation confirmation and then refunded the amount in 2 days. Wish I'd done it sooner.
DisneyDose is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 20, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
lorna_99
Serious Dibber

Can I ask how people proving that VA flights are indeed cancelled?

I booked via Netflights and my online account with them still says the Glasgow Sep flight is as scheduled. Virgin confirmed to me via. Twitter they were definitely cancelled but will that screenshot be sufficient for a chargeback?
lorna_99 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List