Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 7 Aug 20, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by amberspy View Post
So it’s Glasgow to Gatwick then Gatwick to Orlando
Sorry I'm a bit confused now. I assumed that my experience of being changed from LGW to LHR in November would carry through to LHR next year. I don't think that I suggested that it would still be LGW to MCO

Can you do Glasgow to LHR?

Mick

Edited at 06:09 PM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 20, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
amberspy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Sorry I'm a bit confused now. I assumed that my experience of being changed from LGW to LHR in November would carry through to LHR next year.

Can you do the Glasgow to LHR?

Mick
When we booked there was actually 30 flight options 🙈
And some options were to fly from Glasgow to Gatwick then Heathrow to Orlando
That’s to much hassle for us
So want both flights from same airport
Hope I’ve made sense 🙈
amberspy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 20, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
When we booked there was actually 30 flight options 🙈
And some options were to fly from Glasgow to Gatwick then Heathrow to Orlando
That’s to much hassle for us
So want both flights from same airport
Hope I’ve made sense 🙈
Yes one of the options for us was to take the change inbound MCO to LHR but stick with the LGW to MCO. No way would we do the different London airports and the hassle of which one to park at and get round to the other one at the beginning or the end.

Back in April/May the CEO of BA in a (leaked ) internal memo suggested that BA might (aka would) pull out of LGW and consolidate into LHR. Maybe November is the transition to change?

Not an expert on domestic flights but can you currently fly from Glasgow to either LGW or LHR?

Mick
Old 7 Aug 20, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
amberspy
Imagineer

Mobile

Yes one of the options for us was to take the change inbound MCO to LHR but stick with the LGW to MCO. No way would we do the different London airports and the hassle of which one to park at and get round to the other one at the beginning or the end.

Back in April/May the CEO of BA in a (leaked ) internal memo suggested that BA might (aka would) pull out of LGW and consolidate into LHR. Maybe November is the transition to change?

Not an expert on domestic flights but can you currently fly from Glasgow to either LGW or LHR?

Mick
Yip you can 👍I just looked
Gatwick was cheaper option at time
But I’m happy from into eirther airport
amberspy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 20, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Yip you can 👍I just looked
Gatwick was cheaper option at time
But I’m happy from into eirther airport
We've only ever flown direct to Orlando (MCO and SFB) from England mainly from LGW and MAN so have no experience of flying domestically in the UK first.

You probably know that BA only announce their flight prices 355 days out from your return flight so, from your countdown, I guess that's pretty near now?

I'm pretty certain that if you ticket through GLA to MCO as one booking then BA would get you there whether it's via LGW or LHR. When you say you've already booked I assume it's currently GLA-LGW-MCO?

Mick

PS the last flight I can see on BA is 27 July so are you booked out and back before then?

Edited at 07:07 PM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 20, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

We are Edinburgh - Gatwick - MCO. Have done it previously. All on one ticket, drop your bags at Edinburgh Airport see them again at MCO.

Advantage if you haven't paid for seat reservations you can do it free at 24 hours from the departure of your domestic flight.
Old 7 Aug 20, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
amberspy
Imagineer

Mobile

We've only ever flown direct to Orlando (MCO and SFB) from England mainly from LGW and MAN so have no experience of flying domestically in the UK first.

You probably know that BA only announce their flight prices 355 days out from your return flight so, from your countdown, I guess that's pretty near now?

I'm pretty certain that if you ticket through GLA to MCO as one booking then BA would get you there whether it's via LGW or LHR. When you say you've already booked I assume it's currently GLA-LGW-MCO?

Mick

PS the last flight I can see on BA is 27 July so are you booked out and back before then?
Yeah we normally fly direct as well normaly with virgin but have used BA before but virgin unfortunately changed there direct flight route days and we didn’t want lose a day
BA had great deals on hence our booking
Yeah we fly out on 2nd and return on 23rd
Yeah booking was for GLA-LGW-MCO
We only booked last week
Old 7 Aug 20, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
louisjake1
I want to go now!

my son and daugter in law have had their gatwick to jfk for next march cancelled.
louisjake1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 20, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by louisjake1 View Post
my son and daugter in law have had their gatwick to jfk for next march cancelled.
Were they offered LHR to JFK as an alternative?

Mick
Old 7 Aug 20, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
SLTh
Trying for More Ears

We are also very confused by our booking. It is direct with Disney, who gave us the BA booking ref. When we went on ‘manage my booking’ a month ago, we were able to select seats (disabled child) and it was out and back to Gatwick. Now when I use the booking reference, it only shows a return flight to LGW on 2/4 not the outbound on 19/3. I really hope it is just me being impatient and the Heathrow flight will appear at some point, but after 2 cancelled attempts at our first ever Disney trip, I am used to things not going smoothly!

I’m appreciative of all the info on here - I wouldn’t have a clue otherwise!
SLTh is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List