Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 9 Aug 20, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
dizzzy
Very Serious Dibber

dizzzy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
How busy just before 4 July?

I've rebooked our holiday next year and have ended up booking the end of June-beginning July. We fly home on the 3 July so just before the main celebrations.

I hadn't even thought about the date when booking as I just wanted June-July time. We've been in both June and July before so know what its like with regards to crowds and weather but we've never been so close to the 4th July before.

Can anyone tell me roughly when the parks start getting really busy for the holiday?
dizzzy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 20, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

No parks will be busy all the time reservations are required.

Disney332
Old 9 Aug 20, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishgirl1
VIP Dibber

I would think you will be fine, we left on 3rd July one year and cant say we noticed any difference. Another year we were there until about 8th July and we used a strategy of getting fastpasses, dining reservations and getting the really popular stuff out of the way early in the trip. Spent the 4th at Epcot and really enjoyed it.

It is a Sunday next year so most people probably wont arrive til the Friday/Saturday to make a weekend out of it. But who knows with all the changes this year has brought!?
scottishgirl1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 20, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
dizzzy
Very Serious Dibber

dizzzy's Reviews
Originally Posted by scottishgirl1 View Post
I would think you will be fine, we left on 3rd July one year and cant say we noticed any difference. Another year we were there until about 8th July and we used a strategy of getting fastpasses, dining reservations and getting the really popular stuff out of the way early in the trip. Spent the 4th at Epcot and really enjoyed it.

It is a Sunday next year so most people probably wont arrive til the Friday/Saturday to make a weekend out of it. But who knows with all the changes this year has brought!?
That's great, thank you. When we've been in June we've left around the 21st and when we've gone in July it's been around the 10th so have always missed the time around the 4th.

Friday 2nd would be our last day in the parks and like disney332 was saying there's the park booking system in place at the moment. I'm getting our tickets ordered soon and will be booking our parks so we should be ok.

Fingers crossed things will be ok for our trip next year.
dizzzy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 20, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dizzzy View Post
That's great, thank you. When we've been in June we've left around the 21st and when we've gone in July it's been around the 10th so have always missed the time around the 4th.

Friday 2nd would be our last day in the parks and like disney332 was saying there's the park booking system in place at the moment. I'm getting our tickets ordered soon and will be booking our parks so we should be ok.

Fingers crossed things will be ok for our trip next year.
Have a great time

Disney332
Old 9 Aug 20, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Shkyler
Apprentice Imagineer

We’ll hopefully be flying home the 3rd July too, was hoping to catch some 4th July sales 🤞🤞
Shkyler is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 20, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
dizzzy
Very Serious Dibber

dizzzy's Reviews
Originally Posted by Shkyler View Post
We’ll hopefully be flying home the 3rd July too, was hoping to catch some 4th July sales 🤞🤞
I was talking to my daughter about the potential 4th July sales. We've managed to book premium economy next year (got it cheap) so will have 2 suitcases each to fill (not sure my bank balance will agree though).

I'm really hoping things will be ok next year and we all get to go.
Old 9 Aug 20, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Shkyler
Apprentice Imagineer

Completely agree! I’m robbing the 2 kids suitcases but have booked 2 extra for my Mam and MIL.
Really hope things settle down or at least we learn to manage it.
Shkyler is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 20, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We went the first two weeks in July and have been mid June before. It's absolutely fine. Yes, it can be busy as you go into July but if you do your FPs (and park ressies now), it's completely manageable.

tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List