Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 10 Sep 18, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkermom
Apprentice Imagineer

Airbnb allowed in San Diego

Now I know it’s not allowed in certain cities but has anyone booked Airbnb in San Diego?thanks
Old 10 Sep 18, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Aims
Imagineer

Hi, Tinkermom. It is allowed in San Diego but beginning next July 2019, new regulations are going to go into effect that will probably reduce the number of rental homes available. The city council just passed a new law that says only a person's primary residence can be used for vacation rentals. Currently, a large number of vacation homes are owned by people who don't live in San Diego, and also a lot of rentals are secondary homes bought by residents who want extra income. The new law will only allow people to rent out the home they are living in while they are away. This will dramatically reduce the number of rentals once it goes into effect next July, but there are a number of people threatening lawsuits over it.

It might be difficult to enforce this law, and I expect quite a few rental owners will still try to operate under the radar. However, if you are planning to visit San Diego before July, you will still have a lot of rental options legally available to you.

Planning a trip to San Diego? Check out my San Diego planning guide at the link below:

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1047941
Aims is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 18, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkermom
Apprentice Imagineer

Brilliant thank you. I’m struggling to find hotels that will fit us all in to a room or suite, 2 adults and 5 children so looking at other options.
Old 10 Sep 18, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Aims
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tinkermom View Post
Brilliant thank you. I’m struggling to find hotels that will fit us all in to a room or suite, 2 adults and 5 children so looking at other options.

If you are still open to looking at hotels, there are a few hotel chains that offer larger suites with more than one room and include kitchens in most of them...check out Residence Inn, Homewood Suites and Staybridge Suites. The Best Western Island Palms, which is a popular place to stay near the airport and downtown, is not an all-suites hotel but it does offer a few larger suites that also include a kitchen.

Planning a trip to San Diego? Check out my San Diego planning guide at the link below:

Aims is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 18, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
flo-tinka
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Woah Aims that sounds like it will really just serve to decrease even further the rentals in SD and push prices up even further. Shame as it worked great for us this year having a 3 bed house to ourselves in SD
flo-tinka is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 18, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Aims
Imagineer

Originally Posted by flo-tinka View Post
Woah Aims that sounds like it will really just serve to decrease even further the rentals in SD and push prices up even further. Shame as it worked great for us this year having a 3 bed house to ourselves in SD

Yes, it's unfortunate. I know it's been a good alternative to the pricey hotels for a lot of people.I've seen it coming for awhile though. For years. residents in certain areas have been fighting for some stricter regulations of the business. I suspect that lot of people will still operate their vacation rentals, hoping not to get caught.

Old 11 Sep 18, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

We have a San Diego airbnb booked for later this month, shame the policy is changing
93 94 03 2023 DLP
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List