Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 22 Sep 18, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
thebig40
slightly serious Dibber

Thoughts on this please?!

Hi,

Saw flights on Skyscanner flying into San Francisco and out of Los Angeles in August next year for £1600 for the four of us(2 adults and 2 children who’ll be 12 and 11).

We were really not bothered about where we went, it was all about the flight prices, so this got me thinking about a different trip!

So:

2 nights in San Francisco
2-3 nights travelling down to Los Angeles (stopping at Monterey and Avila perhaps?)
3-4 nights in Los Angeles for Disney, Harry Potter and Walk of Fame
7 nights in San Diego

How does this sound? Any feedback welcome!

We definitely want a relaxing pool/beach based part to the trip but could lose a few days in San Diego if you think we need more elsewhere...
thebig40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 18, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

Congratulations on pressing the book button! It's so exciting having a holiday to plan and look forward to.

Your holiday looks fab but I would suggest looking into the LA section a bit more before making a final decision. Disney is in Anaheim which is a decent journey south of the other attractions you mentioned in LA. The common itinerary is a few nights in LA for Universal, Warner Bros, Walk of Fame etc and a few nights in Anaheim for Disney. As you're travelling from north to south I would do 2/3 nights in LA first, then 3 in Anaheim and then what ever you have left in San Diego.
Beth_Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 18, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Personally I’d do a bit longer in SF and reduce the time in San Diego. I loved San Diego but you definitely need longer in SF and reducing the week in San Diego seems the most obvious thing to do
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 18, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Hi as you have already suggested , take more time on the journey to LA, at least 2 nights in Monterey , whale watching ,17 mile drive, aquarium and some time in Carmel. Our other stop was Santa barbera which was lovely. Make sure you stop at San Simeon to see the elephant seals, and perhaps Hearst castle . Overall I would suggest 4/5 days for this part of the journey, and perhaps another day San Fran .

Edited at 12:46 PM.
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 18, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
bLaZeR666_uk
Master Dibber

bLaZeR666_uk's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 22
Guidebook Reviews: 1
There is a awesome theme park just outside SF (40 min drive) called six flags animal kingdom, worth a days visit of anyone's time.

Also there is another six flags theme park in Los Angeles, we bought a yearly ticket and it saves us a few quid as you can use it at ANY six flags parks). Boys will love these parks as they are not disney!

I found Monterey really dull and expensive. It is a massive money trap for tourists. TBH there is not much there except rows of naff souvenir shops and a MEGA over priced aquarium (its $50 each to get in)

Next time we will not bother with Monterey.

I Would spend more time In LA as there is loads to see and do there. Maybe take a couple of days at san diego at the most (seaworld)

Edited at 12:54 PM.
bLaZeR666_uk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 18, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
olaf38
Getting Excited

Mobile

We are looking at next August, can I ask who are you flying with for that price and what dates? My searches are coming up much more than that.
olaf38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 18, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
thebig40
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by olaf38 View Post
We are looking at next August, can I ask who are you flying with for that price and what dates? My searches are coming up much more than that.
Hi,

This was on Skyscanner this morning and last night, gone up to £1854 now. It was with United Airlines. Dates were 4/8 to 20/08 flying from London.
thebig40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 18, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Willeve
Imagineer

We had 4 nights in SF last year at the start of our trip, loads to do there, I’d stay longer.
Willeve is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 18, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
thebig40
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Willeve View Post
We had 4 nights in SF last year at the start of our trip, loads to do there, I’d stay longer.
Yes, I agree, loads to do, we were there before we had children and we loved it. The kids just want to go somewhere warm with a pool so we are trying to juggle their wishes along with ours...