Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 7 Jan 19, 03:16 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Hampshireuk View Post
We are in Orlando at the moment - and I was looking forward to this meal. We ate 2 nights ago- i feel it is overrated and I was disappointed. The pineapple bread was dry and flavourless. Nice salad. The dumplings were nice but the wings overly sweet. Prawn skewers nice but beef extremely chewy. Chicken was so so. The bread pudding I found stodgy. At $220 for family of four, it's not worth it. (I'll duck before I'm shot!).
Tonight, we ate a tasty dinner at Raglan Rd, disney springs. Enjoyed it so much that we cancelled tomorrow's reservation at T-rex to go again.
Well so far consensus is with you. I have never been but I know from walking past that I would hate it.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 19, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
TartanTink
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I wouldn't have thought Disney would still mention coconut races on their website if they stopped doing them a few years ago. . Anyway I just checked tripadvisor and somebody who went there five days ago mentions there were coconut races.
Ha ha we just must be lucky - or unlucky however you want to look at it 😂

Tartan Tink
TartanTink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 19, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

Mobile

It’s certainly a restaurant that splits opinion on here. I was aware before we went that it had some dodgy reviews but the food they serve is some of mine/dh’s favourite so we went for it. We loved it! Lovely location, great service and delicious food. We’ve booked twice again for this year and I’m hoping it’s just as good.

Originally Posted by klairbear View Post
Apparently the noodles have also been replaced by curried rice. Not sure if this is a temporary change
According to comments on DFB they’ve gone back to the noodles already🤞🏼
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 19, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
penguin19
Imagineer

penguin19's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
It seems like a restaurant that goes up and down in quality and experience across the years. It looks like at the moment it's a bit disappointing for many - 2 years ago it was the must eat place.

We went last Feb and enjoyed it, but it wasn't as good as we thought. IMO the bread pudding is the stand out and is amazing, but we can get that from Tambu Lounge anyway, so would just stick there in future!

DCL - 19,21,21,22,23,23
penguin19 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 19, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Diveteam
a Friend of the DIBB

We went there in December and to be honest we were not very impressed, I much preferred it the last time we went a few years ago. Yes, there were still doing the coconut races around the restaurant and had the noodles back on the menu.
Diveteam is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 19, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
discoclare
Excited about Disney

Thanks for all the opinions guys. My kids will be 9 and 6 when we go, we are on dining plan so not to concerned about cost/value more about food, fun, atmosphere. I have sketched out days and ADRs ready for our 180 day marker next month, doubting Ohana now and may re-think. Thanks all again for your views.
discoclare is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 19, 01:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Kat22
Excited about Disney

I have a reservation for Ohanas in may. Now thinking I might change it! Any suggestions for a 1 table credit restaurant? We are staying at wilderness lodge. Considered storybook dining as food looks lovely, but not sure if hubby and the kids will be impressed with Snow White and her friends!

Edit- have just booked storybook dining at Artist point, has amazing reviews, food looks lovely and it’s one credit for a $55 fixed price meal. Wasn’t sure my son would really like Ohana food, prime rib with mash, carrots and Yorkshire pud is definitely more his thing!
And we only have to pop downstairs for dinner!x

Edited at 10:08 AM.
Kat22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 19, 03:39 AM  
Link to this Post
mooray27
Excited about Disney

We really enjoyed Ohana both times we went but think the consistency has slipped a bit. We also enjoyed 1900 park fare, it never seems to get a mention. It’s just a buffet but the food and service were great and the character interactions fantastic! We left very happy and totally stuffed, then hopped on the boat to magic kingdom.
mooray27 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 19, 02:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Steffib
Having Dinner with Goofy

Mobile

we’ve really liked it the 3 times we’ve been; but it can be a bit rushed through the meal. When it’s good it’s hard to get better (in my opinion)
Steffib is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 19, 02:26 AM  
Link to this Post
sizzle
Very Serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 11
We’ve been every trip (4 times) and have loved it each time. We went on New Years Day last week and it was the best yet possibly as this time we eventually got a table by the window directly looking out to the Castle.