Notices

Old 11 Nov 17, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
MinnieMrsA
Imagineer

Mobile

Looks like a great trip - Disney only is always good! Xx
MinnieMrsA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 17, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by MinnieMrsA View Post
Looks like a great trip - Disney only is always good! Xx
Welcome Along! I'm really excited about this trip. I think that knowing more about wdw means that I'm looking forward to it even more. There will be lots of new stuff for us too especially the Pandora attractions at AK and the toy story stuff at HS. I can barely contain myself.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 18, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Update on flights

Well, I don't know how so much time has flown by. I hope everyone had a fantastic Christmas and you are looking forward to a fabulous 2018. It feels like you are all due an update on what has been going on since November.

I have been checking the flight prices on pretty much a daily basis to see if they are reasonable! Ha Ha the joke is on me as we still don't have flights . I'm hopeful though that there will be something close to £500 each soon. I'm mildly panicking , as ADR day is fast approaching and it would be nice to know our dates are set before I start making reservations!

The upside of the constant checking though was that I 'accidentally' booked a holiday to Boston . It was too good a deal to miss out on . The Wednesday before Christmas I found flights and hotel for £379 each flying out on Boxing Day and returning New Years Eve. We ummed and ahhed for about 24 hours (well DH did, I knew within about 5 minutes that I really wanted to go to Boston). So, we (basically me by myself) had about 3 days to plan and organise everything and get ready for Christmas too!

I was expecting lots of this...

I thought we would have fun walking the freedom trail and wandering around Harvard. We knew it was going to be cold (DH did do some research before we travelled )

But, what we actually got was this...

Ok, ok, I'm exaggerating a little bit, the real blizzards started this week, but the warmest we had was -10 and with windchill the news channels were reporting the real feel as -20 and telling people to be careful not to get frostbite and not stay outside for too long. Looking back now I don't know what I was thinking booking it up. It still doesn't quite feel real. This time last week we were in Boston. Craziness! I was the coldest I have ever been. EVER. Here is a photo of me and DD all dressed up in practically every item of clothing that we own.

It did give me an opportunity to try out my Christmas present though!

I have fallen in love with the American Tourister luggage from seeing these sets so many times in you tube WDW vlogs. I had to have one. DH was not impressed as it is apparently not his style at all.

Another Christmas present I received was this book, which I've found very interesting.

Right then, back to business, as this is pre trip for wdw. I realised this morning that I hadn't signed up for the Florida park hours notification on the Dibb so I rectified that and noticed the wdw hours for July are already there . Oh my, it's not going to be long now is it? I really need to get an outline plan together so that I can figure out when and where to make our ADRs. Hmm...it's not like I haven't been thinking about it there are lots of plans, it's a work in progress. I want to do the 4 parks in 1 day challenge and have been re-reading trip reports avidly looking for tips. I want to go to more signature restaurants this time so have been looking at the 2 TS credit restaurants and I'm trying to narrow it down.

We have found time to customize our magic bands though.

I've gone for yellow. DH wanted grey (DD wanted to overrule this as too boring ). DS has gone for blue (DD wanted to overrule this as he already has blue :angry. DD went for red (but this may change as she wants to colour co-ordinate with her outfits ).

Lastly, DD wanted me to share with you one of her Christmas presents. DH has just put it up on her bedroom wall.

I hope to update you soon, with a real update, you know with actual plans and stuff.

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 18, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Wow, love the last-minute Boston trip! And you want snow at Christmas time right?

Good luck with the flight hunting, I admire your nerve!
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 18, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by MrsSilverStar View Post
Wow, love the last-minute Boston trip! And you want snow at Christmas time right?

Good luck with the flight hunting, I admire your nerve!
Having snow at Christmas was one of the reasons I used to convince DH we really needed to go

I'm not feeling quite as confident about the flights as I previously suggested, ho hum, we will get there it just might cost more than I want to pay. I imagine if we had used the money spent on Boston we could have got business class flights, or at the very least premium economy .

Old 10 Jan 18, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer81
Imagineer

DisneyDreamer81's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Try not to panic about your flights. I managed to get ours with 8 weeks to go, for £370 each.

Love that you accidentally booked a trip to Boston! We went to New York in February in 2014 and it was -13 every single day. I felt like my organs were starting to shut down at one point, I was that cold!
2015 - Disneymoon! Caribbean Beach Resort & Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress
2017 - Yacht Club & Disney Dream
DisneyDreamer81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 18, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by DisneyDreamer81 View Post
Try not to panic about your flights. I managed to get ours with 8 weeks to go, for £370 each.

Love that you accidentally booked a trip to Boston! We went to New York in February in 2014 and it was -13 every single day. I felt like my organs were starting to shut down at one point, I was that cold!
Oh that is encouraging. I know there will be flights right up until the last minute...It just feels a bit silly to be planning and hopefully booking ADRs without having flights, but I guess lots of people do it this way around.

I don't think I will ever moan about feeling cold again, well not for a little while anyway. We're all soft southerners as it is so even though we knew it would be properly cold (We bought DS some thermals so we tried to prepare) I've not experienced that feeling of needles in my face before so it was new experience for us all!

Old 10 Jan 18, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Great trip planned! I'll be there at the same time as you, we check in to pofq on 2nd august 😁🤗
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 18, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Excitedx4 View Post
Great trip planned! I'll be there at the same time as you, we check in to pofq on 2nd august 😁🤗
Hey there! there are lots of us all at wdw at the same we will have to arrange a dibb meet up. POFQ looks beautiful in all the you tube videos I've seen I'm sure you will love it.

Old 11 Jan 18, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Hey there! there are lots of us all at wdw at the same we will have to arrange a dibb meet up. POFQ looks beautiful in all the you tube videos I've seen I'm sure you will love it.
Definitely would be fab to arrange a meet up with some dibbers 🤗
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List