Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 8 Sep 18, 11:33 PM  
Link to this Post
JoeA
Serious Dibber

Mobile Vegas - a little help needed

Hey folks,

The hotel, flights and transfers are sorted for our trip of four late twenties singles in December.

Now is the fun part, to arrange some of the activities for a jam packed week of fun.

May you please help me with the following items:

1. I want to visit the Grand Canyon, the options seem to be a plane or helicopter to the west rim or the same to the south rim, can you please suggest your preferences and thoughts out of the four possible options please?

2. The shooting ranges seem to have quite expensive packages online, am I being unrealistic to get a decent session for under 100 dollars? What’s the most cost effective way of doing this please, any tips?

3. One of our group isn’t so keen on spending a lot of money on food, I can see their point, I need some help on cheap eats, I am talking 10 dollar meals, is this realistic?

4. Are there any indoor swimming pools we could go to as after some research it seems the outdoor pools are likely to be closed.

Thanks so much for your time.

Joe
JoeA is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 18, 11:57 PM  
Link to this Post
flo-tinka
Apprentice Imagineer

We drove to West rim GC last month via Hoover Dam. Easy couple of hours drive and we enjoyed the Indian run set up there including the walk on the glass bridge.
We have flown before too with a landing there and have also driven and stayed South Rim but too far for day trip from LV
Never done helicopter. Looked really expensive for family of 4 but if you are singles, worth a look at the many companies who do that.
Many will say South Rim is best but we loved the views at West Rim too
flo-tinka is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 18, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
meboo
Imagineer

Mobile

Especially with the exchange rate, we found food quite expensive - even fruit & snacks in CVS/Walgreens. So, we found a McDonalds breakfast helped the budget! There are also food courts with takeaway - Panda Express for Chinese is a favourite in our family
meboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 18, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Toolman
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Another vote for Panda Express. Their orange chicken is amazing! Also sign up to the restaurants about a fortnight before you go as you may get coupons. Earl of sandwich usually do discounts when you sign up.
Mrs Toolman is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 18, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Hooray4Disney
Imagineer

Hooray4Disney's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Food is rather pricey in Vegas. We had burgers one evening from McDonalds. Family of four - 3 adults and a teenager. Cost $43 ... pizzas at California Pizza - we didn’t see any change from a $100, once you add in a tip and we only had four pizzas and four soft drinks.
2002 - Hampton Lakes, WDW. 2003 - Westridge Villas, WDW. 2005, 2008, 2011 Formosa Blvd, WDW. 2010, 2013 Hotel Cheyenne, DLP. 2014 OKW/Westridge, WDW. 2015 - NYC, DCA & Rotonda West. 2016 - Hotel Kyriad, DLP. 2016 - Toronto 2017 - OKW, Bahama Bay & The Keys 2018 - Vegas, Yellowstone, San Francisco, L.A. 2018 DLP - Hotel B&B 2019 - Lake Berkeley, WDW. 2022 - Seattle/Hawaii
Hooray4Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 18, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Grand Canyon if you have not been before go south rim it’s a million times nicer than west rim.

All outdoor pools will shut end of October the only indoor pool I know of on the strip is Tropicana and you have to be a guest. Remeber it could be very cold particularly st night in December. I have been in December where it’s shirt and shorts and also when the airport has been closed because of snow it will get cold in the evenings and very quickly.

I have shot at the gun store and I think outside near the hoover dam at something called shooting safaris. It may be cheaper if you can get on a local range there is one I think on paradise but to be honest shooting is not cheap they will allow you (or at least used to ) share guns at the gun store we each chose a handgun and swapped, they won’t allow this on the machine guns.

I am sorry but eating for $10 is daft you will end up eating cheap crap that you can eat at home Mcdondlas, KFC, Subway, Burger King sure do it for a few meals but not every one you will just end up feeling ill. In the strip there is Denny’s and ihop marginally better.

Where are you staying ? We often do a breakfast buffet or similar snack at lunch and main meal in the evening, sometimes snack breakfast big lunch and light dinner. The peppermill offers great value Vegas kitchen and you can split mains but not at $10, Ellis island offers a steak special that you have to ask for.
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 18, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
JoeA
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by flo-tinka View Post
We drove to West rim GC last month via Hoover Dam. Easy couple of hours drive and we enjoyed the Indian run set up there including the walk on the glass bridge.
We have flown before too with a landing there and have also driven and stayed South Rim but too far for day trip from LV
Never done helicopter. Looked really expensive for family of 4 but if you are singles, worth a look at the many companies who do that.
Many will say South Rim is best but we loved the views at West Rim too
Thanks for sharing, at the moment I am thinking the helicopter to the south rim, purely for the better views. I’ll have to check out the travelling time difference as you say.
JoeA is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 18, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
JoeA
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by meboo View Post
Especially with the exchange rate, we found food quite expensive - even fruit & snacks in CVS/Walgreens. So, we found a McDonalds breakfast helped the budget! There are also food courts with takeaway - Panda Express for Chinese is a favourite in our family
I am actually not personally too fussed about being too thrifty, however my friend is not a big eater at all, and we always find it strange going to a place where dishes are moderate to high cost and they will only eat a few mouthfuls.

There are only so many times they can order of the kids menu or just side orders hahaha.

Cheaper eats are therefore more sensible for them.
Old 9 Sep 18, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
JoeA
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mrs Toolman View Post
Another vote for Panda Express. Their orange chicken is amazing! Also sign up to the restaurants about a fortnight before you go as you may get coupons. Earl of sandwich usually do discounts when you sign up.
Oh my god yes, I love this place I went to the one at Universal Citywalk! It was heaven!

And Earl of Sandwich I tried at Disney springs, awesome suggestions, thanks!
Old 9 Sep 18, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
JoeA
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Hooray4Disney View Post
Food is rather pricey in Vegas. We had burgers one evening from McDonalds. Family of four - 3 adults and a teenager. Cost $43 ... pizzas at California Pizza - we didn’t see any change from a $100, once you add in a tip and we only had four pizzas and four soft drinks.
I think this is my expectation, I’m sure we will cope thanks for the heads up, nice to have some figures to compare with.