Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 Sep 18, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
IlDivoette
Imagineer

IlDivoette's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Avis Rental Depots on The Strip

Hi

We are booking a BA package and we have a choice of Avis rental depots and not being sure of distances between hotels, i'm not sure which one to choose. We are going to be staying at The Venetian for 3 nights, then collecting a car and going to GC for 2 nights, then returning to Vegas, and returning the car before staying at The Cosmopolitan for 4 nights, so we will only have the car for 2 nights.

There are depots in The Mirage, The Bellagio, Aria and Circus Circus, they are the closest ones to both our hotels. We will have all our luggage with us so, will be be able to walk to any of these depots easily or should we use an Uber etc.? Are any of these depots more accessible than others also, because we have never been to Vegas, so DH will be new to driving there when we first get the car, although he doesn't have any problems in Orlando, just me trying to make life a bit easier.

Thank you for any advice.

Highlands Reserve-03/West Haven-04/Calabay Park-06/Aviana-07/Legacy Park-08/Watersong & HRH-10
Marco Island 12/SSR 12/Lake Berkley12 / PBH 2015 / SSR 2015 / Solterra 2015 / YC 2018
IlDivoette is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 18, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

The Mirage is opposite the Venetian and very easily walkable. Circus Circus is out. Bellagio is then nearer than Aria. Depending on how much luggage you have you could walk it as long as you can actually pull/carry your luggage. We stayed at Mirage first then walked over to Venetian for the next few days of our stay. I would collect car from Mirage . Could hubby drop you with luggage then take car back? We walked from Bellagio to Venetian with luggage but we only had a wheelie case each. Uber/Lyft would be very cheap anyway for that distance. We do exactly what you do ... rent from the strip for a couple of days. Have used both Mirage and Bellagio. You wont need a car for the strip part.

Edited at 05:11 PM.
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 18, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
IlDivoette
Imagineer

IlDivoette's Reviews
That is great thank you, I was thinking maybe Mirage for pick up and Bellagio for drop off, then hopefully we may not need to bother with faffing about with Uber.

Highlands Reserve-03/West Haven-04/Calabay Park-06/Aviana-07/Legacy Park-08/Watersong & HRH-10
Marco Island 12/SSR 12/Lake Berkley12 / PBH 2015 / SSR 2015 / Solterra 2015 / YC 2018
IlDivoette is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 18, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by IlDivoette View Post
That is great thank you, I was thinking maybe Mirage for pick up and Bellagio for drop off, then hopefully we may not need to bother with faffing about with Uber.

Can you do that? We have always had to return car to where we rent from with Avis. If you can thats ideal. You can use the road that runs behind the Mirage... forget what the road is and its easier and quicker than driving on the strip. Driving is definitely "different" to Orlando and in my opinion much busier and more "town" driving in Vegas itself. Once out of Vegas its a very easy drive to the canyon. We did exactly this from Mirage for 2 nights this year. So very jealous! My favourite hotel the Venetian and then 2 lovely nights at the GC
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 18, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
IlDivoette
Imagineer

IlDivoette's Reviews
Mobile

Well I think so because BA online has the option the return to a different point, so I will choose those. I am very excited to get this booked now, maybe tonight. We were going to do this trip this year but things changed and we didn't do it, but the longing to go hasn't gone away and it's my 50th next year so seemed like the perfect occasion. Which hotel did you stay in at the canyon? We have the Kachina as our option. Otherwise it's out of the park.

Old 14 Sep 18, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Well I think so because BA online has the option the return to a different point, so I will choose those. I am very excited to get this booked now, maybe tonight. We were going to do this trip this year but things changed and we didn't do it, but the longing to go hasn't gone away and it's my 50th next year so seemed like the perfect occasion. Which hotel did you stay in at the canyon? We have the Kachina as our option. Otherwise it's out of the park.
My advice would be to stay in the park. We have stayed there twice. We stayed at Maswick lodge which is the cheapest but we loved it. Staying in the park and experiencing sunrise and sunset is something I will never forget.

We book with Avis direct and it's more expensive to book at say Bellagio for instance than Mirage. If you have the choice then a Mirage pick up and Bellagio drop off would be perfect. We love Vegas and are going again in February. Won't do the Canyon again but will have a little trip somewhere. Hope you get to go and that you enjoy it. Two fantastic hotels.
Old 16 Sep 18, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
IlDivoette
Imagineer

IlDivoette's Reviews
Thank you Jo, after 3 years of planning on/planning off/planning on again, we finally booked it all. I'm so excited to actually start planning our activities for the individual locations. We are doing LV/GC/LV/SF/Monterey, with a day trip to Napa from SF which I have to get sorted out. Shame we have to wait until June!

So we booked Venetian / Kachina Lodge / Cosmopolitan with Fountain Views. Staying inside the national park was quite important as you say, so this was an extra cost that I was willing to go for. Car is collection at Mirage and drop off at Bellagio.

Shame I have to turn 50 to finally be going

Old 16 Sep 18, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Thank you Jo, after 3 years of planning on/planning off/planning on again, we finally booked it all. I'm so excited to actually start planning our activities for the individual locations. We are doing LV/GC/LV/SF/Monterey, with a day trip to Napa from SF which I have to get sorted out. Shame we have to wait until June!

So we booked Venetian / Kachina Lodge / Cosmopolitan with Fountain Views. Staying inside the national park was quite important as you say, so this was an extra cost that I was willing to go for. Car is collection at Mirage and drop off at Bellagio.

Shame I have to turn 50 to finally be going
Wonderful hotels . We have been to San Fran twice and loved it there. Might just get a couple of nights in FebruaryHope you love it as much as we do.

Edited at 02:50 PM.
Old 17 Sep 18, 03:55 AM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JoS View Post
Can you do that? We have always had to return car to where we rent from with Avis. )
You can definitely do this.
Our car rentals are always Avis; when booking, you put in your pick up point & your drop off point, they don't have to be the same; always had this option booking just car rental direct with Avis or as part of a BA Flydrive.

Our last example was pick up in Fisherman's Whard & drop off at San Francisco airport.

Edited at 03:59 AM.
scooby99 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 18, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by scooby99 View Post
You can definitely do this.
Our car rentals are always Avis; when booking, you put in your pick up point & your drop off point, they don't have to be the same; always had this option booking just car rental direct with Avis or as part of a BA Flydrive.

Our last example was pick up in Fisherman's Whard & drop off at San Francisco airport.
Thanks scooby. I did know you could drop in other areas as we did pick up Vegas drop off in LA. Just didnt realize you could return to a different hotel on the strip. Good to know for next time if we have moved hotels