Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 15 Sep 18, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkermom
Apprentice Imagineer

Ready to book hotels... I think

So I think we’ve decided but just before I press the book button I’d love to hear thoughts/feedback if you’ve stayed.

So Anaheim we’re looking at the at Courtyard by Marriott Anaheim theme park entrance

Then San Diego it’s the Best Western Palms

And LA it’s the Best Western Sunset Plaza.

These all seem to fit our requirements but still not sure

Edited at 09:42 AM.
Tinkermom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 18, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
sheena330
Earning My Ears

Hi, we stayed in the Island Palms in July. It’s nice, rooms are a good standard and it had a lovely setting on the marina in a peaceful part of town. There are a few restaurants that are walkable but not many. We used Uber and Lyft to go all over San Diego from the hotel and didn’t pay more than $12 or so. In LA we were in the Andaz, which is opposite the hotel you are planning to book - we found it to be a good area and easy to get to Hollywood, Universal etc. In Anaheim we booked a different Marriott Courtyard (Convention Centre) and it was our favourite of all the (many) hotels we stayed in. Enjoy!
sheena330 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 18, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkermom
Apprentice Imagineer

Lovely, thank you 😊
Old 15 Sep 18, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
The Courtyard by Marriott Anaheim Theme Park Entrance was the one I'd selected of the off-site hotels for us. However when looking at our dates it wasn't that much more expensive, in the grand scheme of things, to stay on site, so we stayed at the Disneyland Hotel instead.

We caught the monorail from Downtown Disney to the Magic Kingdom on one of our days, and we could see the Marriott at one point of the journey. I remember it distinctly because for all the "Disneyland is surrounded by lots of other stuff" comments - it was the only non-Disney thing we saw or noticed during our near five days there.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 18, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
I couldn't speak more highly about the Hilton Los Angeles North/Glendale that we stayed in for 5 nights for the LA part of our trip. Lovely big rooms with great views, a nice pool area, a decent bar and very good breakfasts.

It may look slightly out the way but it didn't take us long to get anywhere.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 18, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkermom
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
The Courtyard by Marriott Anaheim Theme Park Entrance was the one I'd selected of the off-site hotels for us. However when looking at our dates it wasn't that much more expensive, in the grand scheme of things, to stay on site, so we stayed at the Disneyland Hotel instead.

We caught the monorail from Downtown Disney to the Magic Kingdom on one of our days, and we could see the Marriott at one point of the journey. I remember it distinctly because for all the "Disneyland is surrounded by lots of other stuff" comments - it was the only non-Disney thing we saw or noticed during our near five days there.

We’re traveling with 5 children and unfortunately we’d need a suite at the Disneyland hotel at $1300 a night for a room it’s just silly 😜 but it does look nice. We always stay on site when in Florida (Beachclub, wilderness lodge or Animal kingdom) so don’t feel we’ll be missing out too much seeing as we’ll be in Florida in a few weeks.

But thank you, it’s always so useful to get feedback
Old 15 Sep 18, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

We stayed at the courtyard by Marriott theme park entrance it was great. Very clean I even saw the cleaner on his hands and knees scrubbing the grouting on the tiles rather than just mopping. It is easily walkable to the parks and restaurants as well.
Vinniecat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 18, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkermom
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Vinniecat View Post
We stayed at the courtyard by Marriott theme park entrance it was great. Very clean I even saw the cleaner on his hands and knees scrubbing the grouting on the tiles rather than just mopping. It is easily walkable to the parks and restaurants as well.
Brilliant thanks