Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 5 Feb 19, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Beach Club or Grand Floridian or Polynesian

We have our flights sorted for 2020 and just need to pick our resort now.

Been to Beach Club last year and enjoyed it (although felt the rooms where a little dull) and wondering if to re-book or trying somewhere else.

Alternatives are Grand Floridian or Polynesian

Which would you choose and why I need some opinions
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 19, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneyfans
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We loved the Polynesian when we stayed on our wedding trip. Font personally like the grand Floridian (feels too much like the UK). Would love to stay at the yacht club or beach club
Old 5 Feb 19, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsEgg
Apprentice Imagineer

If you are looking for something a little more themed I would say go for the Poly, it defiantly has the tropical feel, personal choice I think I would go with the Grand Floridian as I've heard the service you get there is better than the poly, but in all honestly I don't think you can go wrong with either.
MrsEgg is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 19, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Following as have the same thoughts for just a couple of nights in 2020. Have only stayed at BC so really interested how people compare Poly and GF.
August 2021 - Anthem of the seas UK mini cruise Trip report *completed*
Vegas/LA Aug 22 - Trip Report In Progress
Milpston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 19, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
macdonald
Imagineer

I have never stayed at the GF so cannot comment (although i am booked this year!...The Poly i tried 2 years ago & changed resort! I had visited many times and felt it was my dream resort but after checkin in we realized we had made a big mistake and moved to Beach Club ,which for us was miles better!...No idea how we will feel about the GF until there, again visited many times,so hoping we have made a good choice..
macdonald is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 19, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by macdonald View Post
I have never stayed at the GF so cannot comment (although i am booked this year!...The Poly i tried 2 years ago & changed resort! I had visited many times and felt it was my dream resort but after checkin in we realized we had made a big mistake and moved to Beach Club ,which for us was miles better!...No idea how we will feel about the GF until there, again visited many times,so hoping we have made a good choice..
WHat was wrong with Poly to make you move ?
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 19, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
macdonald
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dx4100 View Post
WHat was wrong with Poly to make you move ?
... The day we arrived was raining, we were super excited as this was our dream to stay here, We checked in and our room which had a very large smelly wet piece of carpet as you walked through the door!,the room was tired looking and the view was ground floor monorail ,with people passing right by your patio seating...We called front desk and had someone come out to clean the carpet and hoped maybe the dull day was having a negative effect on us!...We went to Captain Cooks while carpet was being cleaned and found that by the drinks machine in the drains that catch the spillage absolutely stank!...The cast members there however were lovely and moved us to the Beach Club after telling them how upset we were with this resort and also refunded money on the cheaper room..We also hated the dated pipe music continuously playing (which we thought we would love).. Everyone has a different experience ,maybe for us we were simply unlucky this time!
macdonald is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 19, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by macdonald View Post
... The day we arrived was raining, we were super excited as this was our dream to stay here, We checked in and our room which had a very large smelly wet piece of carpet as you walked through the door!,the room was tired looking and the view was ground floor monorail ,with people passing right by your patio seating...We called front desk and had someone come out to clean the carpet and hoped maybe the dull day was having a negative effect on us!...We went to Captain Cooks while carpet was being cleaned and found that by the drinks machine in the drains that catch the spillage absolutely stank!...The cast members there however were lovely and moved us to the Beach Club after telling them how upset we were with this resort and also refunded money on the cheaper room..We also hated the dated pipe music continuously playing (which we thought we would love).. Everyone has a different experience ,maybe for us we were simply unlucky this time!
That sounds bad!

That sort of stuff would get to me as well. Its great they move you and refunded you though.
Old 5 Feb 19, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Andi
VIP Dibber

We stayed at the Grand Floridian (DVC) last August and absolutely loved it.

We had visited the resort and also eaten at GF before but we were a bit worried when booking that we might not like staying there. We needn’t have worried we thought it was fabulous and plan to stay here again.

It was terrific having the bus, monorail and boats as transport. When the fireworks are on at Magic Kingdom they pipe the music through.

DVC - Animal Kingdom Lodge

International Drive 2002, All Star Movies 2005, Renaissance at Seaworld 2008, Rosen Plaza & POFQ 2010, Saratoga Springs Resort 2012, Hotel New York DLP 2013, Rosen Plaza and Old Key West 2014, AKL, BLT & SSR July 2015, Crowne Plaza NYC, AKL, Cabana Bay, AKL Nov 2017, Crowne Plaza NYC April 2018, Rosen Plaza, AKL and GFV August 2018, Australia Nov 2018, RCI Cruise August 2019, Rosen Plaza, Pop Century August 2022
Andi is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 19, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Andi View Post
We stayed at the Grand Floridian (DVC) last August and absolutely loved it.

We had visited the resort and also eaten at GF before but we were a bit worried when booking that we might not like staying there. We needn’t have worried we thought it was fabulous and plan to stay here again.

It was terrific having the bus, monorail and boats as transport. When the fireworks are on at Magic Kingdom they pipe the music through.
Where do they play the music ?

I think its a straight choice for me between GF and Beach Club now.