Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 12 Mar 19, 01:45 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsWturns30
Trying for More Ears

COMPLETED - QSDP - Caribbean Beach Resort March 19

Hi DIBBers!

I am currently at CBR and on the QSDP (for the very first time!) Being on plan was something that I have been really excited about since booking this holiday last April - #disneydining & #disneyfood have been my favourite Instagram searches for sometime now!

So I thought I’d have a go at blogging our QSDP food travels to give back to the DIBB community in the hope that it helps some of you guys in the way it has me!

A bit about ‘us’. I’m travelling with DH and DD - Eve (7) and DS -Jimbo (6). We last visited Florida 4 years ago but as a large party and staying offsite in a villa. The kids are pretty fussy eaters & it is a source of immense frustration at home, but I’m very much trying to go with the flow here and let them eat what they want to (within reason of course!)

So Day 1 - travel day!

We flew in from Gatwick with Virgin. I didn’t take any pics of the plane food but for the kids hot meal it was a cheese and tomato pasta, served with crackers and laughing cow spready cheese and a chocolate & caramel mouse.

For us as adults it was a choice of pesto pasta, pork chilli con carne or ‘Somerset’ chicken & mash; served with crackers and bousin spready cheese and a gu chocolate and Yuzu pudding. I had the Chili, DH the chicken & as airline food goes it was pretty tasty.

Served a couple of hours before landing was a little ‘afternoon tea’ box with a mozzarella pesto and tomato roll and a fruit scone with jam and cream. Jimbo was asleep by this point so missed out, Eve turned her nose up at it and has a cheese sandwich I bought from Boots as a back up. I wasn’t hugely fussed by it, but to be fair I wasn’t overly hungry - just exhausted... DH on the other hand had his roll and both the kids!

On arriving in resort we just crashed out, it was getting on for 1am UK time and having been up since 5am we were done!

Day 2 - 11th March

Started pretty early for us all (stupid body clocks!) Animal Kingdom was on the agenda today as it was an EMH day.

When it comes to breakfast my kids are cereal monsters, I bought with me some plastic bowls, and a couple of boxes of cereal, we picked up a big milk at the grab and go for $3/4. DH bought his meal replacement shake & has that.

My breakfast came in the way of our first snack credit usage... a mickey pretzel with warm cheese sauce (it had to be done!) from the Harambe market at AK - I really hope the pics all upload!

Next snack credit usage was a mickey ice cream sandwich for Eve, it was pretty big for a little one so we all helped out with that!

We were a bit all over the place in terms of lunch, Jimbo started to get ‘hangry’ at 11ish so we used mobile ordering to get him a kids hot dog from the Flame Tree BBQ, it was pretty basic came with a choice of sides and a drink - I forgot to take a pic of this.

Eve wanted Pizza, so whilst sat at flame tree BBQ we mobile ordered her a kids cheese pizza with accompanying sides at Pizzafari, and headed over for that once Jimbo had finished his - again forgot to take a pic of this, but she enjoyed it.

Whilst sitting at pizzafari DH and I mobile ordered our lunches at Satu’li canteen - I had really been looking forward to this after seeing loads of lovely insta pics, he had the beef build your own bowl with rice and beans & the creamy garlic sauce, I had the mixed chicken and beef with noodles and the creamy garlic sauce. With these meals with both had an alcoholic bev - him some green beer Hawkes Grog & I the dream Walker sangria. The food didn’t disappoint, we both really enjoyed it, my sangria was lovely, very fruity and refreshing... DH wasn’t so fussed by the beer.

Afternoon snack credit for DH was a cinnamon churro with chocolate dipping sauce for over in Dinoland USA.

We left AK mid afternoon as were starting to flag, popped into the grab and go at OPR center town to collect our resort mugs - unlimited refills on tea, coffee, hot chocolate, soft drinks whilst in resort - only complaint here is that so far all the soft drinks we’ve had from the ‘freestyle’ machine have been flat but hey it’s only a minor gripe.

Evening meal was from Center Town at CBR, we didn’t fancy venturing too far,

DH had the beef & chorizo burger with fries and a beer, Eve had a kids grilled cheese sandwich with fries and a Nesquik, Jimbo has a kids beef burger (which apparently also contained mushroom - but don’t tell him that as mushrooms are his biggest vegetable nemesis, he obviously couldn’t tell as he ate the lot!) also with Nesquik & I had 2 beef and 1 chicken Taco with fries and a frozen tropical colada. All of it was really tasty, again we mobile ordered whilst in our room and clicked ‘we’re here’ to have them start cooking it as we walked down.

On the way back DH and Eve popped into the grab and go to use a snack credit each for desert, Eve had a chocolate brownie type affair and DH a Mickey ice cream... both enjoyed immensely.

Total used for the day - 8 QS meals & 5 Snack credits . 18000 steps walked!

Tomorrow we have BOG breakfast reservations and are spending the day in MK!

I really do hope all my pics uploaded else it kind of defeats the object of the ‘blog’ & I hope you don’t mind my ramblings for the next 11days!

Warmest wishes to you all,

MrsWturns30 (although I’m now 34 )

Edited at 04:37 PM.
MrsWturns30 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 19, 07:54 AM  
Link to this Post
summersun
Imagineer

summersun's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
looking forward to this x
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...=gonna+get+wed
our dreams can come true pre trip report nov 14 cbbr nov 14
summersun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 19, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Yay great, thanks for sharing
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 19, 08:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Ivegottadream
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Following along. Satu'li canteen looks good, would you recommend it?
Ivegottadream is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 19, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
JenD1
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Mobile

Following along 😀
Old 12 Mar 19, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Great start! We’re staying at CBR with QSDP so I’ll be interested to see how you get on.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 19, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Really looking forwards to this we are doing QSDP for the first time and staying at CBR very soon so I am very excited to follow
Hope you have a great time.

Is the skyline work going on around the clock and can you hear it?
Sorry not a food question but it was mentioned on the CBR thread Thanks
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 19, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Looking forward to this report , enjoy your hols x
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 19, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsWturns30
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Ivegottadream View Post
Following along. Satu'li canteen looks good, would you recommend it?
Yes! As an alternative to ‘hot dog/burger/fries’ etc it is well worth a visit! There are so many options available in the build your own bowl set up that if I hadn’t already decided on visiting Flame Tree BBQ when we head back to AK at the weekend, I’d be going again!
MrsWturns30 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 19, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsWturns30
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by 3disneykids View Post
Really looking forwards to this we are doing QSDP for the first time and staying at CBR very soon so I am very excited to follow
Hope you have a great time.

Is the skyline work going on around the clock and can you hear it?
Sorry not a food question but it was mentioned on the CBR thread Thanks
Hey!

Not a problem 😊

We are staying in ‘Barbados’ so the skyliner doesn’t really affect us as it’s over the other side of the lake. That said they were testing it yesterday when we arrived back from AK at 3ish and I couldn’t hear anything, likewise with the big new riviera resort, I think most of the external construction is done now so only a few beeps from the reversing vehicles could be heard.

What is loud though is the Epcot fireworks! To be fair all of my crew were so exhausted they slept through, but I hadn’t appreciated how close we were to Epcot until last night!