Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 5 May 19, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
sandshal
Imagineer

Discovery Cove ... drinks package changed

Heads up from a friend that visited Discovery Cove today. From last Wednesday tinned beers and limited choice of cocktails are no more. For their “all inclusive experience” today they were offered draught bud or bud light (both warm) in a plastic cup, wine or soft drinks with an option to upgrade for $30 pp.

Very disappointing I’d say, would rather pay more than be nickel and dimed once through the door.

Edited at 09:53 PM. Reason: Sp
sandshal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 19, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Gally1968
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We were there on Friday & no issue with the temperature of the beer, it was ideal.

White wine was also decent for a ‘free’ drink. Quite a nice Chardonnay.
Old 6 May 19, 12:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Jack&LucysMumy
Very Serious Dibber

Thanks for the update.
I had tinned bottles of bud lime last year yummy. I guess I will not be getting that anymore.
We've decide not to go this year, we were disappointed with discovery cove last year and it seems they are now making more cut backs to this exclusive day. What a shame.

Louise
Jack&LucysMumy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 19, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
sandshal
Imagineer

First of all it’s really not a free drink, it’s sold as a luxury all inclusive package that you pay for. My friends must have hit unlucky, they’re not heavy drinkers and certainly not complainers so I will take their word on the temperature of the beer although it is nice to hear a positive view too.

We’ve been visiting annually for more years than I can remember and in fairness to Discovery Cove the price has not hugely increased, however, at considerable cost of quality.

The animal interactions are still as good, the main reason most first timers visit so will always be special to them. However, the food offerings fall ridiculously short of the early years, I remember beautiful baked salmon and lovely meals not the “simply fills a hole” offerings now , very similar to the Cook out at Aquatica.

I’m not bashing Seaworld, I love Seaworld and everything they do. I’m also aware they’ve been fighting hard to keep numbers through the door so accept the lesser food in return for better value at the gate, this however I feels just one step too far. Sad to say September will probably be our last as a resort guest unless quality and offerings are improved.

That said as I write this I will probably pay the extra $30pp and see it as an increase of the gate price for my usual DC experience. Can see it upsetting many that have already booked though.

Edited at 09:01 AM. Reason: Sp
sandshal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 19, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Nickynoonoo
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

We are due to go in three weeks time for the first time, I was really looking forward to the cocktails that were included with the package. It doesn’t seem fair that they can change what’s included after you have paid expecting something else.

June 05 - Villa in Kisseme
March 06 - Enclave Suites (I Drive)
April 08 - Homewood Suites (I Drive)
April 10 - Quality Inn Plaza (I Drive)
Nickynoonoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 19, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
itsmeGAV
Apprentice Imagineer

It's a shame to hear about the changes, but it's no real loss to us as myself and my partner rarely drink.. thankfully soft drinks are still included
Jan 24 - Family timeshare, Vacation Villages at Parkway
Mar 25 - Family timeshare, Holiday Inn Club Vacations @ Orange Lake

Edited at 10:02 AM.
itsmeGAV is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 19, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

I very rarely drink alcohol and certainly not there - I don't think it's the sort of place to drink alcohol and I don't get all the fuss about it but each to their own
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 19, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
I very rarely drink alcohol and certainly not there - I don't think it's the sort of place to drink alcohol and I don't get all the fuss about it but each to their own
? eh

a beer/wine with dinner or tea whats the issue?

no different from any other park surely?

for the OP didnt recall tinned cold beers? draught was fine temp wise (brand is another thing... )
novocastrian is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 19, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Fimble
Proud to wear my Ears

Shame to hear they have messed up the inclusivity of it all, it was great having a cold beer in a tin bottle and sitting in the paddling area. Wish I'd have kept one!

Looks like I'll be deleting this from the Itinerary, judging by recent comments; the foods became garbage, drinks have been compromised and it doesn't seem that good value for money (and it wasn't exactly cheap anyway).

It's such a huge shame. At least I will remember the great time we had, instead of replacing it with a bad memory.
Fimble is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 19, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Lu Lu
Imagineer

I am the first to admit that I love a wallow in the shallows with a frozen cocktail and a glass of wine with my lunch while I'm on holiday so might well be upgrading our drinks package this year, especially since I've chosen my birthday to go too! DH loves the bud light lime too.

It's a shame they have changed it, especially after we have booked and hoping the reports about the food aren't as bad as people say...
Lu Lu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List